[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimate Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: spidey.jpg (160 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
spidey.jpg
160 KB, 900x696
I've only read the Ultimate Marvel series and really liked the Spiderman line the most, but preferred the Peter Parker parts more than the Miles Morales parts. Is the Ultimate series considered to be good?

Also because I'm trying to get back in to comics, would this All-New series reboot or whatever it is be a good time to jump in or will I need all the back story from before to understand them?

Also if Ultimate Spider-Man is considered shit then what is considered good, or what is good in the similar kind of sense that it is?
>>
Read ultimates 1 and 2, ultimate never happened, it was a myth
>>
>>77361926
*Ultimates 3
>>
>>77361896
If you were writing miles morale.

How would you do it?
>Inb4 not making him boring or not being written by bendis.
>>
>>77361984
Try my best to give him a rogues gallery that is somewhat original, I would also stop with the whole powers that he somehow pulls out of his ass
>>
>>77361984
He and Sam Nova get stuck in the Cancerverse saving the world
>>
>>77361984
Keep him from joining any teams, and keep him out of big crossover events. Put more focus on his interactions with his friends and family rather than Peter's, and on his own character development. Give him his own rogues, and keep his uncle around for a while. Have his uncle convince him to work with him and that he's doing the right thing, rather than it being immediately clear to Miles that his uncle is the bad guy who's blackmailing him. Let Miles be the one Spider-Man who hasn't lost a family member.

I'd keep the venom blast, but lose the active camouflage, and not have the venom blast evolve to literal lightning powers.
>>
>>77361926
Oh yeah I've read all the Ultimates too, like all of the Ultimates series. It's just that I've never touched anything outside of that, like I think 616 or whatever the normal universe is called, so I'd have absolutely no idea where to start if I were to get in to it.

That's why I was wondering if this All-New series thing needed me to know backstory to jump in or whether I could just start with these.
>>
>>77361896
Ultimate is just another edgy spin off, like Marvel Max. It only exists to kill characters and turn the other characters into villains,
>>
>>77364134
Well then what are some examples that are better than it?
>>
>>77361896
Bendis' original Ultimate Spider-Man run is the best take on Peter Parker IMO. This is coming from soneone who has read every single Spidey 616 title in existence.

If you want to make the jump to 616 Spidey and want a more modern take, start with the JMS run or Brand New Day.

Everything after Superior Spider-Man has been shit, don't bother.

If you want to read older stuff go with Stan Lee's or Roger Stern's run. Have fun friend-o.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.