[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiderfags, how does it feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 626x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 626x950
Knowing pic related is the only good spider book of the past several years? Does it make you depressed?
>>
Shit art and irrelevant shit characters(who the fuck is Kaine?)

Stick to Amazing, it's not perfect but better than this cancelled pap.
>>
>>77330273
>Only good one
>Implying 2099 isn't good
>IMPLYING AMAZING HASN'T GOTTEN BETTER
>IMPLYING SECRET WARS SPIDER-ISLAND TIE-IN WASN'T FUCKING SUPERB.
Kaine fans are such whiny faggots.
>>
>>77330364
It hasn't.
>>
File: miles claps.png (161 KB, 527x189) Image search: [Google]
miles claps.png
161 KB, 527x189
>>77330273

Ultimate Spider-Man was good
>>
>>77330393
It has, it is now far less shitty then it was before secret wars happened.

You Kaine fags are just in denial.
>>
>>77330442
No, actually it's worse than it was before Secret Wars because the character of Peter Parker is being assassinated even more by turning him into a crappy Tony Stark knockoff.
>>
>>77330329
Guessing you're 16? Go read clone saga
>>
>>77330439
Yeah, and then Peter died.
>>
File: hahaha slut.jpg (55 KB, 392x412) Image search: [Google]
hahaha slut.jpg
55 KB, 392x412
>>77330482
>muh Peter
>>
>>77330482

It went to shit before Peter died desu.
>>
>>77330460
Uhhh...Have you even read the recent Spiderman, the only thing Stark like is that he in charge of Company and not being stuck almost solely in New York. I guess he now has a black best friend who masquerades as spiderman sometimes.

>Also Implying Venom wasn't equal to Scarlet Spider
>>
>>77330364
>IMPLYING SECRET WARS SPIDER-ISLAND TIE-IN WASN'T FUCKING SUPERB.
Oh yes, this was great.

i'm enjoying most of the spider titles. Well apart from Miles, I can't be fucked to read it. Gwen was okay though a bit boring, Silk is enjoyable, only started reading 2099 with the new issue so still have to go back to read the previous run and ASM is usually... Kinda okay. I pirate them anyway so I might as well read it for free.
>>
>>77330273
Silk is better

Aracely a shit
>>
File: yum!.png (14 KB, 233x174) Image search: [Google]
yum!.png
14 KB, 233x174
>>77330273
it makes me feel hungry
>>
File: 2410182-ultmysterio.jpg (240 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
2410182-ultmysterio.jpg
240 KB, 900x1367
>>77330578
It's because Bendis didn't use Ultimate Mysterio enough! Instead he was always using Osborn! Ultimate Osborn in a nutshell: "KILL YOU! I CREATED YOU! I BIRTHED YOU INTO THIS WORLD! KILL YOU AGAIN! RAHHHHHH!"
>>
>>77330273
2099 is pretty great. Silk turned out to be a genuinely good solo book despite how shit the character was when introduced in ASM.

I also kind of liked Ultimate Spider-Man
>>
Did Venom count as a Spider book? It was pretty good when it was written by Remender.
>>
OP how does it feel having Inferior taste?
>>
>>77330910
I was waiting for somebody to say this
>>
>>77330721
>I also kind of liked Ultimate Spider-Man

Honestly, I thought Ultimate was pretty solid to the end, with the exception of bringing back Peter for no reason towards the very end of Miles' run just to have him die in the final incursion.
>>
>>77330995
>bringing back Peter for no reason towards the very end of Miles' run

I really still don't get what was the point of that. I mean, he put like a cliffhanger in there to make you wait to hear Peter's explanation for him being alive, and then when it finally came out, it was still a very vague explanation, and even Peter couldn't explain it. And then the book never even got into trying to understand why he was there, nor did it find a new use for him in the plot

It would have been better to leave him dead if you're only gonna bring him back for that
>>
I mean I agree mostly but 2099 and Silk are as good.
>>
>>77330273
Arana was good
Secret Wars: Spider Island was good
>>
>>77330910
Superior superior Spider-Man coming through
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-11-01-11-29.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-11-01-11-29.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>77330273
I disagree, I found Silk to be surprisingly enjoyable after the train wreck she written into by Slott. Also the current ASM is, again, surprisingly good. You should check it out OP. And don't worry, Kaine isn't dead.
>>
Holy fuck where did all my Kainebros go? Fuck off faggots he is best spider.
>>
>>77332014
Ben Reilly was better
>>
>>77330273
Not really. I fucking loved Kaine especially how his edginess wasn't erased just suppressed by his environment.

I wish they would give Yost Peter.
>>
>>77332028
At dying maybe, Kaine just can't stay dead, no matter how hard he tries.
>>
I just want too see Aracely become king of Mexico.
>>
File: Based-bros.png (716 KB, 975x734) Image search: [Google]
Based-bros.png
716 KB, 975x734
>>77330273
I really REALLY miss Scarlet Spider. Either Reilly or Kaine.

God, Spider-books now sucks.

>Spider-Gwen a shit everywhere
>Peter being shitty and having shitty adventures
>Mayday into the trash she went
>Miguel not getting a chance because retcons, reboots and etc.
>(Agent) Venom on SPACE. God damn it.
>Miles not getting the chance to grow because reboot.
>Ruining Spider-Man Noir, India and UK with that asshole Spider-Ham.

Is it too hard to make good Spidey comics?
>>
>>77330910
Anyone beside me think Superior was completely unremarkable? Just mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>77332830
Yes. The reason why people like it so much is due to Stegman.
>>
>>77332830
I would have enjoyed it more if SpOck was treated as a whole new entity, a fusion of Peter and Ock, rather than just Ock with a Parker-pedia tab open.

his whole thing should have been that he didn't think either's methods were better, at least at first, and only cared about what got results, and the mood whiplash created when his fucked up sense of morality gives him zero sense of 'now is the time to villainously gloat' vs 'now is the time to make with the jokes'
>>
Not sure. Never licked a comic book. Have I been missing out?
>>
>>77332356
I have faith in Venom's upcoming solo, seeing as how it's not written by Bendis Flash should be great again.
>>
File: Scarlet Spider 012-018.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet Spider 012-018.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77332977
maybe
>>
>>77330273
Last time I saw Kaine in a comic (I guess I saw him in Spider-Verse), he had flowing hair and a huge boner for Peter
What happened?
>>
>>77334304
He cut his hair and became fucking awesome. Read Scarlet Spider immediately. He's like Spock except better.
>>
>>77334364
He's calling himself Scarlet Spider now? Man, I thought he hated Ben because he wasn't Peter.
I miss Ben Reily. He was an extremely refreshing change from Peter.
But yeah, I'll check it out. Just start at Scarlet Spider #1?
>>
File: 1402971705675.png (63 KB, 223x196) Image search: [Google]
1402971705675.png
63 KB, 223x196
>>77330653
>>
>>77334505
If you're brave start with Spider-Island, then move onto Scarlet Spider 1.
>>
>>77332967
I can kind of agree with this, though I think it would have made a good ending to the arc instead of a starting point. Though on the other hand, having a truly fused Spock would have avoided all those annoying near-misses Slott peppered throughout the run.
>>
>>77332356
You sound like a fag who speaks in memes and doesn't read comics.
>>
>>77334578
Ah shit, I guess I had to get to reading it some day. Thanks anon
>>
>>77332967
It's an interesting idea, but I was happy with how it was handled.

But, and I'm sorry if this goes on for too long, I'm really fucking bothered by something else with Superior

So, Ock put Peter in his cancer body and Peter died. The idea is that Ock swapped his consciousness with Peter's, and the new Peter personality is just another result of Peter's total experiences making a new personality.
So, from this, we can postulate: 616 Peter Parker fucking died.
His consciousness terminated. A new consciousness arose inside of Spock's head, but the original consciousness, the one that started with Amazing Fantasy #14, died and will always be dead inside a grave marked for Otto Octavius.
That's something that gets to me. I imagine that I'm feeling the same thing that people felt when Marvel tried to make Ben Reily the original Peter and Peter the clone. Except instead of having read about a fake Peter for 20 years, it turns out that the 50 years of Peter is now dead and a consciousness that's about 2 years old is now controlling his body.
But then, of course, it can be argued that a consciousness and a personality is nothing more than the culmination of one's experiences, then nothing's changed, right? And if Peter's memories stayed when Ock took over, then the new Peter personality was identical to the old one.
Still, though, the original Peter Parker died and we're now reading about a Peter Parker who can't tell that he's not the original.
I'd like to see this explored in a future comic. Not sure if Slott would be up to it, but it's an interesting idea. It might even get Spidey readers into philosophy.
>>
>>77335480
I see it as more Doc Ock still died just with Peter's memories being imprinted on it as Ock's brain patterns were imprinted on Peter's brain. I think Ock still died that day, just a copy of him survived in Peter's mind being the dominant driver. I guess Peter never technically died just lost control of his body and Doc Ock did try to kill him completely but failed. I dunno I'm confused now.
I guess the fact they had them switch bodies though totally makes me agree with you though.
>>
>>77335195
All good anon, at least Spider-Island is somewhat enjoyable, but that was when Slott started to go downhill. You'll dig it though, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>77330393
You're right, it hasn't been bad in years.
>>
File: this.jpg (265 KB, 1823x629) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
265 KB, 1823x629
>>77337254
This
>>
>>77330442
Nah, it's still complete trash.
>>
>>77334532
Where the hell did Kaine and Aracely end up anyway? I lost track of them after Scarlet Spider's run and all I remember is seeing Kaine get killed in spiderverse.
>>
>>77338126
I think one of the Inheritors beat up all of the New Warriors and none of them but Nova has shown up since.
>>
File: 1446647029614.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1446647029614.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77330460
His only new attribute is being rich really, seems like the same guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (750 KB, 674x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750 KB, 674x1024
Brock will be in Carnage and that's all I need.
>>
>>77338272
That's kinda sweet, really.
>>
>>77338214
Dammit I want proof Aracely is alive and there's a remote possibility that the sun god stuff from Scarlet Spider could continue.

Also that Kaine isn't dead, but anyone who's not a B-lister or higher stays dead.
>>
>Implying Spidey won't be good
>Implying Spider-Man/Deadpool won't be good
>>
File: 1189.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1189.gif
2 MB, 300x170
>>77338397
>he'll be Broxin
>Not based Anti-Brock
Life is suffering
>>
Yes it does make me depressed but that's just what it is. Spiderman will never be good again and Kaine didn't sell well so I have no reason to buy any Marvel comics.

In the end my wallet wins so it's okay
>>
>>77340015
Try Silk and 2099, anon.
>>
>>77332830
I actually really enjoyed Superior but it could've been handled so much better.

Ock could've had more character growth during the whole ordeal.
>>
>>77330364
>>IMPLYING SECRET WARS SPIDER-ISLAND TIE-IN WASN'T FUCKING SUPERB

RIP Best incarnation of Flash
>>
>>77340015
>Kaine didn't sell well
>first trades I've bought in over a decade, explicitly to support the title
That makes me pretty sad really.
>>
>>77330696
That's not remotely true. They were plenty of arcs that weren't relying on Osborn and were meh or just plain bad. A big culprit behind my dislike for his run was that it takes forever for anything to happen and how inept Peter and SHIELD would be to make the newest baddie look good. It got real old quick.
>>
>>77337254
Pfft. Been bad since before Superior, son.
>>
Noir Spiderman
Fuck you
>>
File: 1441988626725.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1441988626725.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>77331948
I'm just hoping they don't come up with a lame excuse if he isn't around in Web Warriors or at least make a cameo. Then again, I ain't holding my breathe....
>>
>>77343110
I could see them doing a story line where fully transforming into The Other fucked with him mentally making him act feral, he blindsides Karn and goes climbing around the Web of fate, so the worries are dispatched to stop him, but they recognize him and instead dedicate themselves to helping rehabilitate him.

More realistically, while everyone is talking about saving him Noir shoots him in the fucking head.
>>
>>77338583
see
>>77331948
>>
>>77330364
...but it hasn't. Its the same shit its been for a while now.
>>
>>77343110
Slott already said Kaine's not dead. The plan was always for Kaine to "die" in Spider-Verse, but Slott asked them to show his resurrection in the book itself instead of holding it off till later.

Either way, he was never going to be gone for good.
>>
>>77330273
Silk and 2099 are good and Slott's ANAD issues aren't as terrible as some like to pretend they are.
>>
>>77342612
> Been bad since before Superior, son.

Nah, before Superior, it was straight medicore(with a few exceptions good or bad like Spider Island or that Alpha). If that's your definition of bad, sure go ahead. But really bad? Come on, not even the shitty executed Spiderverse was as cringeworthy as OMD or Sins Past.
>>
>>77341623
I know! That's just me personally! I really liked Ultimate Mysterio, and Bendis didn't do nearly enough with him. I did like when Johnny and Bobby moved in with Peter. That was ridiculous in the best way.
>>
>>77330364
Amazing is still pretty terrible though
>>
>>77337254
>contrarianism is getting so bad people will call Slott good
>>
>>77330273
As a spiderfag, i am aware of this.
>>
>>77346455
"not as terrible" =/= good.

Some people forget this.
>>
Honestly if they'd undo One More Day permanently they'd do themselves so much of a favour it's not even funny
>>
>>77349146
Can't, now that they've shuffled MJ over into Iron Man.
>>
>>77338397
>no anti-venom
>no inverted carnage

Why even bother?
>>
>>77349146
I've been a fan of Spidey for life and am still not upset about OMD, is it odd that I just enjoy the comics about my favorite super hero? And I'm not even bothered by MJ becoming Stark Industries mascot.
>>
imo spidergwen is decent, or at least is getting there
2099 is the best, asm will always be shit

i do miss this two
the tie in with spiderverse was goat
>>
>>77349146
I want to live in the alternate universe where someone at Marvel had the sense to tell Quesada that OMD was a terrible fucking idea.
>>
>>77350850

I thought JMS had the sense but Quesada didn't listen?
>>
>>77330273
Hate to break it to ya' but The Superior Spider-Man and everything that followed from it, from Parker Industries to Spider-Verse and the midget through Silk, Spider-Woman & Gwen Stacy and beyond is/are the best thing(s) to happen to Spider-Man in a decade.
>>
>>77350993
This
>>
I liked the scarlet spider opgoing but way too many issues of nothing happening dont get me wrong its nice that the issues weren't written like it was meant for a trade but a little background plot would have been appreciated especially the last issue where everything came to a head.
>>
>>77350993
Post-Superior, pre-ASM #1 was shit
>Waaahhh Peter stop helping Spider-Man with your company
>Sajani stop worrying lol let me make Spider-Man shit
>Peter stop being retarded please
>Lol midget ur so cool
Repeat for 15 issues except the last issue has a ghost blow up Peter's company.
I haven't kept up with the new ASM so I can't comment.
>>
>>77338397
>tfw it gets retconned that the guy that got killed when Toxin was stolen wasn't Pat because Toxin sensed something was wrong and jumped over onto the body of some thug who happened to look like Pat to trick everyone thinking that was the host
>tfw he leaves to go be back with Pat and we end up with Anti-Venom Brock returning to fight Cletus
>>
>>77350993
Love to break it to you, but it ain't worth jack compared to the insanity of the newspaper strip, I've had more fun with that than anything to do with the non-canon Mephistoverse in years, and Peter and MJ actually do things together there.
>>
>>77350993
Back in Black was 2007 so you've got a bit before Slott's work will be the best in a decade. Plus Spider-man and the X-Men was great (better than superior at least, I dropped Slott after the shitshow that was Spider-Verse)
>>
>>77350993
Kek holy shit Lord of the Plebs
>>
>>77351512
Everything was better than Superior. Even OMD is better than Superior.
>>
It's pretty funny how many faggots are saying Silk is good. /co/ has really went downhill.
>>
>>77351561
Have you read her solo? It's not great but the art is cute and the character is actually likable out of Slott's hands
>>
>>77351561
You should really check out her solo anon, I think you'd be quite surprised.
>>77351590
I like her relation with JJJ too, seeing the old asshole actually have a heart and try to help her out gave me some good feels.
>>
>>77330273
Good? I'd go with "best", but it wasn't exactly good
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.