[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC ENTERTAINMENT AND WARNER BROS. LAUNCH "DC SUPER HERO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 14
>DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. are teaming up to launch "DC Super Hero Girls" in fall 2015, a new initiative that will create a new superhero universe designed specifically for girls.

>"DC Super Hero Girls" will follow female superheroes and supervillains of the DC Comics, "prior to discovering their full super power potential." Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy and Katana are just a few of the characters set to appear as teenagers and star in the new line of products, geared at girls aged 6-12.

>"DC Entertainment is home to the most iconic and well-known Super Heroes including Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl," DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson said in a statement. "'DC Super Hero Girls' represents the embodiment of our long-term strategy to harness the power of our diverse female characters. I am so pleased that we are able to offer relatable and strong role models in a unique way, just for girls."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-entertainment-and-warner-bros-launch-dc-super-hero-girls-initiativ
>>
>>71502246
The art style is pretty generic. Not too bad, otherwise.
>>
>>71502246
>a new initiative that will create a new superhero universe designed specifically for girls.
Well that's not sexist at all.
>>
File: 1424390329359.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1424390329359.gif
2 MB, 250x220
Gay.
>>
So, Ame-Comi universe but less weeb?
>>
>>71502246
Holy fuck that's a blatant rip-off of the Disney art style. What was so wrong with stuff like Amethyst from DC Nation that we get this homogenized crap?

Seriously, Katana looks like fucking Mulan.
>>
We already had a much sexier version of this with Ame-comi.
>>
>>71502434
Dummy, it's only sexist when it favors men.
>>
>>71502434
Of course it's not. You can't be sexist against men/boys.
>>
>>71502246
>that fucking batgirl outfit
>those batwings
>>
File: 1395933950447.jpg (66 KB, 619x720) Image search: [Google]
1395933950447.jpg
66 KB, 619x720
>any series that appeals primarily to boys is sexist
>any series that panders directly to women is inclusive!

>publishers still wonder why they can';t get young boys to read comics anymore
>>
>>71502246

>for girls
>looks like shit

who would have thought it
>>
>Poison Ivy
>Harley Quinn
>role models
Also why try to get them into these characters only to have girls turn around and try reading their actual series to find cursing, blood and guts, and Babs slutting around?
>>
34 when?
>>
>>71502246
Poison Ivy and Harley aren't heroes

Ivy is a crazed femme fatale temptress and eco-terrorist

Harley is a crazy battered wife syndrome groupie to a mass murdering psychopathic clown man.

Stargirl. Gypsy, Halo, Hawkgirl, Vixen, Miss Martian, or Mera weren't available?
>>
>>71502246
Why fucking Bumblebee of all black heroines? Why not Vixen?
>>
>>71502647
>>71502662

It's pretty obvious they're going for more well known people. Katana though is the oddball for me unless they're trying to bank off Beware the Batman.
>>
>>71502714
Is Bumblebee actually well known? Because Miss Martian and Hawkgirl are both very popular and Bumblebee only had a minor role in Teen Titans, right?
>>
>>71502735
People are always clamoring for more Teen Titans shit so maybe DC decided to go off of that.
>>
>>71502780
so no Starfire or Raven?
>>
>>71502793
Diversity.
>>
>>71502714
>banking off Beware the batman
LOL that thing lasted for 5 minutes
>>
>>71502820
But using lesser known characters like Vixen in things like this helps increase popularity for them. Plus, it'd be a really good promotion to raise awareness of her for the upcoming CW Vixen cartoon series.

Seriously who fucking cares about Bumblebee?
>>
>>71502434
>trying to get younger girls into comics
>fucking sexism
i don't get you people, they're trying to boost sales and specifically get girls into comics...what exactly is the problem
>>
>>71502714

They needed an asian and if they used Cass people might actually realize how shit Babs is
>>
>>71502869
Take a look at what the average girl is into movie, TV, music and novel wise and then seriously ask yourself if you honestly want that demographic in comic books.
>>
>>71502869
Because women have shit taste and pandering to them means everyone will become even worse.
>>
>>71502246
>Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
why??
is it too hard to go with Mera or Stargirl? why someonewho's been obsessing over a bad influence for a long time and became a psychotic and murderous person and well poison ivy is a damn Vegan terrorist
Stargirl is basically just there! look at how kid friendly she already looks and.
Or what about Mera or Aquagirl? or hawkgirl
why villains?
>>71502503
yes basically
>>71502516
this is essentially for children
>>
>>71502869

The problem isn't trying to get girls into comics the problem is how they're doing it.

I half a year when this shit is cancelled do you think anyone reading it will want to go into the main line books where Harley is a serial killer?

This is gonna generate a quick sale and then turn the people they where trying to get into comics right the fuck off
>>
>>71502510
Amethyst was complete shit, who gives a fuck about shit no one has seen in decades?
>>
>>71503001
this is something thats not going to effect your comics, calm down
>>71502966
i have to agree on this, but on the other hand Power Puff Girls
>>
>>71503069
i don't actually like Harley or Poison ivy being involved in something aimed at being kid friendly
>>
>>71503115
>this is something thats not going to effect your comics, calm down

It already is. Everything has to pander to women. Everything has to include stronk womyn who beat up strawmen of the people the artists and writers have dumb arguments with on twitter. All women must be in burqas. The most important thing in the quality of the comic isn't art or writing, but how oppressed it makes the fat dykes with multicolored hair feel.
>>
>>71503069
>will want to go into the main line books where Harley is a serial killer

why not? Most of /co/ grew up on DCAU. I had no problem going from TAS Batman to The Killing Joke.

Not saying this will work, but man, you are so negative for no reason. By your logic, nobody should try anything.
>>
>>71503115
>this is something thats not going to effect your comics, calm down
This is wrong though. Shit is already affecting "my" comics. We've reached a point in our society where it's considered sexist for anything to be just for men or boys. It either has to be inclusive for everyone or girls only. I don't have a problem with comics being written for girls IN THEORY, but I know that shit is going to spread. Hell it's already spreading.
>>
It's not going to work. Little girls aren't going to be pleased when they're old enough to get into the mainline comics and discover their favourite character is a mental case in an abusive relationship with a serial killer clown, or in more modern interpretations, a murderous juggalo who dresses like a prostitute.
>>
>>71503140
they were great in BTAS
>>
>>71503341
>>71503184
What's it like to go through life scared of anything with a cunt between its legs?
>>
This is almost as retarded as LEGO for girls.
>>
>>71502246
>prior to discovering their full super power potential.
Why are they so obsessed with this style?
Don't they realize how trash Gotham is because of it?
>>
>>71503432
>IF YOU DONT AGREE THAT NOTHING SHOULD EVER BE AIMED AT MEN YOU'RE A MAHOGANIST
>>
>>71503432
What's it like to not have an actual rebuttal and instead resort to, "HURR YOU'RE JUST SCARED OF GIRLS! XD"?
>>
You people are getting way too worked up over comics for little girls.

Remember that copypasta of some weeb screaming at a little kid who talks Naruto shit for not really "getting it"?

That's how you sound.
>>
>>71503140
But they're going to be the villains.
>>
cool
>>
They look right out of those creepy ass Frozen Flash games.
>>
>>71502434
Its actually fine, faggot. They create a universe your daughter can read while they dont disrupt the universe you are reading. Unlike Marvel who caters to every change that tumblrs asks for.

10/10 idea.
>>
>>71503505
This. Grown men in tears over a comic aimed at elementary school girls are the cancer killing the industry, not Bendis and tumblrshit.
>>
File: 1424654381175.gif (278 KB, 616x398) Image search: [Google]
1424654381175.gif
278 KB, 616x398
>>71503579
>muh male tears a worse cancer than fucking bendis

Leave.
>>
>>71503505

Or that video of a brony bitching about a coloring book.
>>
>>71503579
>not Bendis and tumblrshit.
lol good one.
>>
>>71502246
No PG no buy.
>>
>>71503184
You might want to see a doctor. Foaming at the mouth isn't normal.
>>
File: 7ab.png (269 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
7ab.png
269 KB, 459x360
>>71502780
>People are always clamoring for more Teen Titans shit
Fuck you, I never wanted Cyborg to be a founding member of the JL, or any of this other bullshit.
>>
>tripfag is too stupid to use the catalog

Color me surprised.
>>
>>71502246
Holy shit those costume designs are so bad.
>>
>>71503184
> Everything has to include stronk womyn who beat up strawmen
thats just Femthor or Wonder Woman in a digital comic that changes creative teams depending on the story arc
>All women must be in burqas
really does the wonder woman costume bother you that much you go out of your way saying she's essentially looking like a walking tent? or does the idea of a muslim heroine bother you (and Kamala doens't wear a burka, Dust wears a veil but she's forgotten either way)

yes i do agree the quality does matter it does bother me seeing people demand everything get pandered to them, I seriously i don't like seeing m favourite characters butchered down in order to please a group who don't give a damn about comics and just do this for the sake of patting themselves on the back "winning" in the pop-cultural war they've made up
I'm not sure alot of these characters (besides Batgirl) have radically changed in order to meet SJW's demands
Katana's book got canceled, Wondy's currently experiencing bad writing, I don't even know why bumblebee was chosen don't theyhave other black heroines like Vixen or maybe the new power girl? i really do not like the the idea of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy being included for kids. Supergirl will be there regardless and also her comic is getting canceled but she has an upcoming show.
At most, they might have a few "yay go girls" kind of thing because they're not going to throw in say Wondy beating up a guy and calling him misogynist or sexist, kids tend to not understand that shit
but either way this is pandering ...because its aimed at 6-12 year old girls(alot of 10-12 year old girls don't read comics they're rather pretend they're 16 which is annoying)
>>
File: You Must Be New Here.jpg (75 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
You Must Be New Here.jpg
75 KB, 311x311
>>71503780
>Foaming at the mouth isn't normal.
>>
>>71502714
>unless they're trying to bank off Beware the Batman.

CN killed that dream. Even the trademark for the show was killed.

I was surprised they included that show's Batmobile for Lego Batman 3.
>>
Are we getting Super Best Friends or not?
>>
Pretty sure the autists in this thread screaming about muh tumblr are the OP from >>71475105
>>
>>71503264
they're referring to how a girl might like Harley but then go read her in her own title which could get brutal, i remember an issue where she and some Jewish guy were going around and killing people and the whole beating skaters and stuff she's doing to get money.
>>
>>71502869
The problem is at least in part
>I get stuff for me
>I should also get your stuff
I'd applaud this if not for the fact that it won't silence a single complaint about the "main line" stuff.
>>
>>71502246
Is this DC/Warner answer to Disney's Princess, or Hasbro shit? Well, I can already hear those same women screaming sexism because of it.

Also, more rule34.
>>
>>71503458
i hated this so much, when i was younger i just flipped the guys hairs and pretended they were girls
>>
This looks awful, the one from Lauren faust were better loking
>>
>>71503563
this person gets it
>>
>Harley Quinn
>Poison Ivy
>Good role models

Jesus Christ. They really don't give a shit as long as they're female, do they?
>>
>>71503480
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>71502966
This will only lead to more women cosplaying super heroines and villains, what's the problem?
>>
>>71502434
It's actually offensive to nobody, not even you. Relax.
>>
>>71503840
>At most, they might have a few "yay go girls" kind of thing because they're not going to throw in say Wondy beating up a guy and calling him misogynist or sexist, kids tend to not understand that shit
>but either way this is pandering ...because its aimed at 6-12 year old girls(alot of 10-12 year old girls don't read comics they're rather pretend they're 16 which is annoying)

>having a target audience

>pandering

by this reasoning every single piece of fiction literally ever is pandering
>>
>>71503579
That's the entire point: this initiative by DC is literally ignoring those dickwads as we speak.

The neckbeards are crying about how this is wrong, while DC boldly goes and does precisely what the neckbeards don't want them to do.

And what they will end up with is a much larger consumer base and greater diversity in their output.

And the neckbeards will fade into obscurity as the insignificant shitlords that they arw.
>>
>>71503898
maybe something like it
although just tone down the "i'm not going to hit you cause you're girls" NO YOU HAVE TO!"
>>
>>71503563
>They create a universe your daughter can read while they dont disrupt the universe you are reading.
You mean like how they had a Teen Titans Go book and that kept people from complaining about Red Hood and the Outlaws?
>>
>>71503930
>it won't silence a single complaint

what does one have to do to silence YOUR COMPLAINTS?

Because as someone who doesn't give a fuck about internet activism and sjw, it is YOUR COMPLAINTS that bother me, since I have to deal with them everytime I come to /co/.
>>
>>71502434
Replace the word "girls" with "boys" and you have the single most stereotypical, by the numbers SJW response around. Congratulations. You're a genderswapped SJW.
>>
>>71503930
just shove it in feminists faces and tell them thats it cookie cutter enough for them
they'll find everything they'll need
in fact, im thinking about going on tumblr just too see how this is received
>>
>>71503840
>because they're not going to throw in say Wondy beating up a guy and calling him misogynist or sexist,
Right, save that for Sensational.
>>
>>71503989
>superhero comics can't change characters ever
I can't decide wether to call you a casual or a tryhard.
>>
>>71502246
>"harness the power of our diverse female characters"
>makes teen hero HQ and Ivy instead of using any of their actual girl characters

Seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>71503068
>why villains?
Because lesbians
And it's the bad girls turned good or so the hero girls have rivals I guess and they are just there to be speed bumps for good girls to over come and learn a lesson from by doing so. It will probably like TTG without the implied funny.
>>
>>71503935
>DC/WB: this is SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUNGER GIRLS the costumes are not reveling
>Sjws: YOU DAMN SEXISTS!
???
i mean if anything i can actually see them reading it, just because its not going to trigger them
>>
>>71504021
If you think Red Hood and Teen Titans Go! were read by the same audiences you really need to leave.

Or are you somehow surprised in 2015 that grown women also like to read capeshit?
>>
>>71504047
Pretty well. I hope this will help alleviate the Marvel cocksucking that goes on over there. DC has always had the better female characters. I hope they get some recognition for that.
>>
>>71502246
>Implying we can have nice things
I'll give it two years.
>>
>>71504003
thats the point
um yes....businesses choose to provide stuff for target audiences
and they'll give them what they want?
>>
File: Cyber+bullying_d7661c_4520299.png (32 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
Cyber+bullying_d7661c_4520299.png
32 KB, 480x314
>>71503930
why do you care about these complaints in the first place?

How pathetic are you?
>>
>>71504070
What don't you understand? They are two of DC's most famous characters FOR A REASON.

You really think little girls don't also love them?
>>
So seriously. Let's get the por train rolling so when everyone is googlING it to make sure it's safe for little Suzie our shit pops up first and a few keks will be had
>>
>>71504024
>what does one have to do to silence YOUR COMPLAINTS?
Bring back Cassandra Cain, put Barbara Gordon back in the chair let the Joker be a psychopath, and stop inserting personal subtext into works. and force people to understand that the map is not the territory, so looking at a Frank Cho ass isn't going to suddenly make comic book fans rape people on the subway.

That, and shit down every "comic book journalism" site. All we need is Comiclist
>>
>>71502246
batgirl hair and batwings are fucking retarded
>>
>>71504021
are you trying to justify how starfire was characterized?
>>
I think Harley & Ivy have nice costumes
>>
>>71504057
i know :(
that shit was pure disappointment
>>
>>71504097
Yeah, that's kind of my point. This is a nice but misguided and failed experiment waiting to happen because it's never been about having books for a female audience or a young audience. The criticisms levied against the Big Two can only be addressed to the satisfaction of the accusers by removing options, not adding them
>>
>>71504157
>stop inserting personal subtext into works
Except that's exactly how the X-Men became a hit, for instance.
>>
If they care so much, why does it look cheaper to make than TTGo? Aren't girls allowed to get quality animation like Young Justice?
>>
>>71504132
Yeah because they were in B:TAS. Hell, Poison Ivy is barely even relevant anymore.
>>
>>71504104
marvel used to have something called Her story some anon story timed it, it was nice
>>
Is it weird how Batgirl gets the center stage rather than Wonder Woman?
>>
>>71504021
No, he means like they had a Teen Titans Go book for your daughter to read and you could still read Red Hood and the Outlaws.
>>
>>71502503
I liked Ame-comi...
>>
>>71504132
BTAS is why Harley's popular
oh also the games..
>>
>>71504132
>FOR A REASON.
That is?
Aside from BTAS and teh few comics that followed BTAS lors I get nothing.
>>
>>71504203
>Except that's exactly how the X-Men became a hit, for instance.
And now look at it.
>>
>>71504213
>hey were in B:TAS

And a TON of merch,
>>
>>71504158
i saw that design somewhere
>>
>>71502246
>teenage poison ivy
>hng
get me some of that!
>>
>>71504208
CN execs need to grow up
>>71504177
harley looks cute
>>
>>71504198
...are you completely stupid? This initiative isn't about getting tumblrinas off DC's back, it's about making a genuine effort to branch out for a completely new, completely different audience! People are saying all the time how neckbeards aren't the only people reading comics anymore, and DC is going ahead and checking to see just how true that assertion is!

But setting even that aside, girls are finally going to get superheroes for themselves! That stuff should be a given since long ago!
>>
>>71504080
Think of Merida and how Disney made her "pretty" for the Princess lineup and woman bitched about it. Now replace her with the heroines here.

I could be wrong, tho.
>>
>>71504198
Your point is completaly retarded.

You are so insecure it seems impossible for you do discuss THE COMIC and THE READER, because you are too hung up on some BLOGGER complaining.
>>
>>71503803
Why can't it be Black Lighting? He's actually pretty cool.

The new version even has BLACK LIGHTING! So no racism.
>>
>>71504316
> it's about making a genuine effort to branch out for a completely new, completely different audience!
they were criticized heavily for not doing so with the New 52
>>
>>71504273
Yes, it's upholding its values of celebrating and accepting diversity as eve before, what's your point?
>>
>>71502246
>no star-girl
into the trash it goes
>>
Let's be honest, we all know that the main base of readers for this thing will be old guys from 18 to 30 that will read this for fap material and waifu shit.

I know this because i'm 28 and i'm plaining to follow this for the same reason.
>>
>>71504317
>I could be wrong, tho.
You are
>>
>>71504316
> girls are finally going to get superheroes for themselves! That stuff should be a given since long ago!
neckbeards on this thread don't like that
>>71504317
things for kids will look cutesy
>>
>>71504320
what's the difference between THE READER and "the blogger"?
>>
>>71504340
And wouldn't know it, the New 52 was even worse than nineties comics!

It's almost like there's a connection here!
>>
>>71504328
doesn't black lighting have 2 daughters
or was that DC nation short a lie?
>>
>>71504317
There will literally always be someone bitching. Because ANYONE can share his or her opinion thanks to social media and nothing is liked by everyone.
>>
>>71504356
you don't think a father will get it for his young girl to get her to read comics as opposed to texting all day long?
i mean if i had a kid i would that
>>
>>71504387
One matters, the other doesn't.
>>
File: diversityincapes.png (2 MB, 966x1128) Image search: [Google]
diversityincapes.png
2 MB, 966x1128
>>71504316
>it's about making a genuine effort to branch out for a completely new, completely different audience!

Be less casuual. Those efforts were made a few hundred times already.
Hell, I got into comics as a result of one of those waves; all of those sidekick young adult books from the mid 90s (that eventually teamed up to form Young Justice), that was the demographic outreach of that era. And it ended with all of those characters being derailed or dying and their books being cancelled.
>>
>>71504401
its funny how the moral of Brave is basically a girl can do whatever the fuck she wants but they just couldn't see that and its so frustrating but disney didn't actually remove the design did they
>>
>>71504424

I don't doubt that. I think that a lot of young and older girls wil probably read this. I'm just saying that the bigger numbers will come from guys like me. For example, there are already a discussions about this in one of the circles i follow. People are already excited about the waifu potential this might have.
>>
>>71503458
That's what I thought of, too. Women got pissed because they didn't think it was necessary and "girls can play with Legos too". Turns out, it was wildly popular and little girls loved the pink blocks and Lego Friends series.

In the end, it's about money. Little girls will beg their parents to buy them cute Batgirl stuff.
>>
File: comicshop1.jpg (97 KB, 525x300) Image search: [Google]
comicshop1.jpg
97 KB, 525x300
>>71502246
>>71502434
>Well that's not sexist at all.
>http://www.itinthed.com/16328/what-taking-my-daughter-to-a-comic-book-store-taught-me/
Well, it's because of this crap like in this article, that I think that this thing is an issue at all. The dad is beta as fuck but he's not totally wrong in his opinion. Females in capeshit comics are really over sexualized in most of them. And can be almost like softcore porn covers at times.
>>
Holy fuck, guys. I hate this Tumblr pandering just as much as the next guy, but this isn't it. Know how to pick your battles. This is actually GOOD.

Instead of changing the mainline comic to please a bunch of overgrown harpies from the Tumblr JUST BECAUSE, like Marvel Comics seems to be doing, DC Comics is actually doing an honest effort of releasing a new line REALLY aimed at young girls. This is great.

Seriously, this has MAJOR WAIFU POTENTIAL. I'm excited for this.
>>
>>71504457
It's about being free to choose whatever you want, so long as you don't choose against what they deem acceptable. If you choose poorly, may you age a thousand years in a second like it's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
>>
Y'know what, I'm perfectly fine with this and every other kind of measure to get more girls into "geek culture".

Yeah, most of them will just be trend junkies, but think about how it was when you were all kids. Girls were into their stupid girly things, and you wouldn't give up your nerdy stuff to make an impression. But the boys of tomorrow will have a lot of girls into superheros and video games to play with, so they won't need to change their lifestyles to get into dating and shit. Good for them.
>>
File: happy_aya.jpg (19 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
happy_aya.jpg
19 KB, 191x234
>>71504613
And the porn. We're about to get a flood of new porn. This is the best era to live in.
>>
>>71504556
>it was wildly popular and little girls
well they did do market research and found out...girls would love it
>>
>>71504590
That's funny.
I'm a girl and my brother took me often to a comic store when I was 9-14. I always bought the covers with the prettiest women, like Image's Gen 13. Then I'd go home and draw them.
>>
>>71504590
His opinion is shitty by being build on ignorant assumptions and out of date stereotypes.

He could have made clear what he demands not being supplied without maing an idiot out of himself.
>>
File: sHGBYpA.gif (887 KB, 460x224) Image search: [Google]
sHGBYpA.gif
887 KB, 460x224
>>71502246
>tfw I realize that this will basically be Super Best Friends Forever 2.0
>>
>>71504590
>http://www.itinthed.com/16328/what-taking-my-daughter-to-a-comic-book-store-taught-me/
This article gets posted occasionally and I can't help but ask each time, what exactly did the store guy do wrong?
A customer comes into a store and says "I have an 7 year old daughter. I want to buy her a comic book". The guy behind the counter says "I also have an 7 year old daughter. She likes Monster High. Perhaps yours would too."
The father then goes online and says "I DON'T WANT HER READING MONSTER HIGH. I WANT HER READING BATMAN. FIX BATMAN."

And that makes me wonder if this is going to be a thing that even works. Because on the one hand yeah, it's got a person with a bat on it, but using that same daughter's logic as in that article, does this separate but equal stuff really work? Is it "real comics"?
>>
>>71502246
>poison ivy and harely are super heroes now
>that shitty bat girl costume
my niece deserves better than this.
>>
>>71504669

YES! I'm already seeing a bunch of Pixiv accounts working on this making a bunch of cute porn in this style. AWESOME!
>>
>>71504590
>over sexualized in most of them

Not really. Not compared to mainstream entertainment.

That there is fanart in that collage kinda proves the actual comic aren't like that.
>>
>>71504709
why not give him lil Gotham
that was cute
>>
>>71504709
>what exactly did the store guy do wrong?

He made a beta liberal uncomfortable by reminding him that girls can like girl things.
>>
>>71504709
I wonder why he got so upset about MH. There's nothing wrong with Monster High. If anything, I hear more Moms ban that from their house because they don't like how the Monster girls look. MH teaches kids some good values, like don't judge others on how they look and accept your flaws.
>>
>>71504716

Seriously, this is great. This is what all the publishers should do. You don't need to change or exclude what a certain demographic enjoys, especially when that demographic is your most loyal one and has been the backbone of the industry for years. You don't take away, you add, and this is what DC Comics is doing here.

Instead of changing the mainline characters, they're creating a new line specially made for the new demographic. This is what Marvel Comics should look and learn.
>>
WB/DC wants some of that monster high/equestria girls/bratz money.
>>
>>71504771
>I hear more Moms ban that from their house because they don't like how the Monster girls look
my mum let me watch me whatever i wanted
like i watched BTAS and then would watch PPG or kim possible
i don't get those parents?
>>
>>71504709
From what I recall from that article, aside from the pics made in roflbot, were that the store guy only had two titles in the whole store that were suitable for little girls. My LCS has an entire all-ages section of trades, with another section for all-ages releases that week e.g. Abigail & The Snowman, Adventure Time, etc.
>>
>>71504767
>He made a beta liberal uncomfortable by reminding him that girls can like girl things.
> girls can like girl things.
And that's the funniest part of the article. Even by customer dad's own admission, his daughter's eyes light up at the prospect of a Monster High comic. She's satisfied.
>>
>>71502246
> Harley and Ivy are heroes
> But not Catwoman
At least create a Sirens reunion and don't leave the most actually heroic of the three out of it.
>>
>>71504796
> most loyal one and has been the backbone of the industry for years.
i read somewhere that for a long time DC's biggest consumer base was actually women because DC used to publish young romance comics which very famous among them until they shut them down (i don't remember why) which drove away those money bad women
i wonder if they would be able to do something like this again
>>
>>71504839
So are all three of mine. We don't even know that this one in question wasn't either, for that matter. Because the customer just went straight up to the counter and asked for a recommendation and then got mad that it wasn't what he wanted.
>>
>>71504911

I would actually appreciate a line of romance comics. See, this is the type of shit i want. This is how true diversity is done.

By the way, i hope that this new line of books are mostly Slice of Life.
>>
>>71504887
I want to know why BB and Katana are there when you could've put some more reconizable characters.
>>
>>71505006
Diversity. That doesn't mean Mera or Zaranna won't take part.
>>
>>71505006

You're confused why there's a black and an asian in an otherwise all white line up? Really?
>>
>>71505069
According to the Cereal King it's the tip of the iceberg
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/590989901962694656
>>
>>71502246
Lauren Faust is turning in her grave
>>
I generally don't have a problem with this, and DC/WB knows how to make money, but doesn't stuff like this further aggravate the whole "Pink Aisle/Blue Aisle" debate people get all heated about? Rather than girls and boys playing with each other in unisex toys, you divide them into little tribes and that mentality carries into teenage/young adulthood?

Like, that Batgirl and Katana would look really cool, but as a boy you couldn't get one and play with it in public because you've already marketed it as another Barbie, yanno?
>>
>>71505102
Nice.

>>71505087
>>71505069
>Muh diversity
Meh. If I get some kind of SBFF out of it then I'll be happy.
>>
>>71505162
Except kids love things more aimed at them. People where complaining how sexist making girl legos was, but turns out little girls love that shit.
>>
>>71505087
i would have preferred if they used Cassandra but lol that'll never happen,they probably forgot about her
>>
>>71505375
You know the rules, there can only be one Asian and there already is a Batgirl.
>>
>>71505087
>2 minority characters and not 1 black in a sea of white characters
oh wow they even managed to avoid tokenism
>>
File: AT2Ak.jpg (50 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
AT2Ak.jpg
50 KB, 816x612
>>71505162
I think that aisle thing is more the fault of the parents. Kids don't care, they want what looks cool/gross/pretty.
Companies will just do whatever makes them the most money.
>>
>>71502246
who think we'll get Jessica Cruz but as a GL
>>
>>71505464
hey look its harley's kid!
>>
>>71502246
>Bat character
>Bat character
>Bat character
>Bat character
>Wonder WOMAN who has no reason to be with kids
>Super girl is ok
>Bumblebee is ok
>>
>The trip was completely their idea, believe it or not. They had seen a commercial for Big Bang Theory with the cast in a comic book store, asked about the concept, and demanded that I take them to one.

Fuck Bazooper forever
>>
> turning Poison Ivy into a child friendly Disney Princess

Eat shit DC. Way to defang an eco terrorist.
>>
>>71505513
does anyone else think katana shouldn't be a bat character? i mean i understand her being in the outsiders and all but does she really have to stick around in Gotham?
>>
>>71502246
That Supergirl costume is really cute in a classically dorky "aw shucks" kind of way.
>>
>>71502485
Ice cold, bro
>>
Oh for fuck's sake. I didn't need 'girl' versions of comics to become a fan when I was a little kid. All I needed was a good story and interesting characters.

What is up with the 'girl' versions of shit? I thought we already established that separate is not equal.
>>
>>71506110
>What is up with the 'girl' versions of shit?
Money
>>
>>71506110
>My experience is what everyone experiences
>>
>>71505724
Too many colors. Makes it look like a school uniform that someone slapped Superperson elements onto on-the-spot. Design idea has a lot of potential, though.

Also, Batgirl's straight up wearing a huge Batarang as a backpack. Be cool if she actually used it that way and it wasn't just an awkward-looking costume element.
>>
>>71506110
You're a gender-norm-rebelling minority
>>
File: loadsamoney.png (350 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
loadsamoney.png
350 KB, 576x700
>>71504008

>Muh patriarchal boogeyman
>>
>>71506145
Most ironic post in the world goes to
>>
>>71502904

Have Cass or Stephanie actually appeared in things other then comics?
>>
File: Ozymandiascomics.jpg (9 KB, 154x200) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandiascomics.jpg
9 KB, 154x200
Hey gang, despite how god-awful this may look like, how about we wait until whatever "DC Super Hero Girls" actually is comes out until we make our opinions about it?

I mean, heck. Would something like Static Shock (I'm talking about the cartoon show, not the original comic, for relevance's sake) receive this level of criticism when it first got announced?

I'm not saying that any of this is good or bad. My only point is that none of you, including me, have an informed opinion based off of the end product version of whatever this'll turn out to be. Let's at least digest what we get so we can have an informed opinion rather than simply hating something we know nothing about based off of it's premise alone
>>
>>71502246
This seems really stupid to me.

I mean, appealing to women and girls is just fine to me, but I think that having to change everything in order to appeal to a certain type of person is a fairly common pitfall. What, you think girls will only respond positively to comics and comic book characters because the art is bright and vibrant and insultingly simplistic? That's condescending to say the least.

I'd say that if the goal was to appeal to young girls specifically, they may first want to appeal to younger PEOPLE first. You know, have a big roll out of more kid friendly comics that also include books built around DC's bigger female characters such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl etc. as well as a few more obscure female characters such as Bumblebee, Katana and Black Canary. I'd be particularly interested in seeing a Lois Lane comic, actually. AND if they're feeling really confident, maybe a female team book.

TL;DR This idea is dumb, have a line of comics for kids instead.
>>
>>71502246

>No Starfire
>No Raven
>Wonder Woman not just Wonder Girl
>no Lilith
>no Terra
>no Pantha

I could go on here.
>>
>>71506483

Where do you think we are?
>>
>>71502555

It's laughable at this point. I honestly want to know why young boys aren't reading comics anymore.
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.