[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will literally never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 1600x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 1600x700
>There will literally never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game
>>
>>71448477
>Drinks
>On
>The
>Mother
>FUCKING
>Table
>>
>>71448477
Good. Collaboration might bring about unity and peace and I want to live in the an age of endless console wars.
>>
>the "comics" side of /co/ will never actually be about comics
>>
>>71448477
>DC
>Justice League
>Marvel
>Avengers
>Rogue
Wait, what? What is she even doing there? Poor Hawkeye.

Anyways, I wouldn't even know who to ask to make a DC vs. Marvel game. It'd have to be experienced fighting game developers, of which there's very few choices. Capcom's crap, NetherRealm always feels like a reskin, and I doubt either would want to give their handles to fairly exclusive Japanese devs, so I don't even know who would make it.

I'd kill for an actual Marvel game, though. Ultimate Alliance 3 when.
>>
>>71448477
>Widow's there

She'd be killed in that fight. Unless her and Cap are going to take on Batman.
>>
>>71448706
lol yeah, she'd die instantly.
>>
>>71449542
Its a fighting game, she would have crazy speed and kicks like chun li. A marvel Vrs DC fighting game should sell like hit cakes.
>>
>>71448477
Heroclix
>>
>>71449717
>hit cakes

I hope that was intentional
>>
>>71448477
Wait 20 years when Disney buys the DC property from Warner Brothers.
>>
>>71449825
>Implying they won't buy Warner Bros. as a whole
>>
>Implying nice guy Supes would start shit over something as petty as his drink getting knocked over

>>71448633
Wolverine's there too.
>>
LOL SUPERMAN WOULD JUST WIN CUZ HE'D LAZER BEAM THEM ALL DO DEATH OR THROW THEM ALL INTO THE SUN LOL
>>
>>71450431
>Implying that it's Kal's drink
It looks like Hal's to me.
>>
>>71448477
>>There will literally never be a DC vs Marvel fighting game
Idunno about that, I'd be willing to wager that at some point in the future the companies would be willing to make a deal. The problem with the games like that is everyone wants their character to be the best, but in a fighting game "who is best" is determined by the player (at least, they can see it that way, since its always slight mechanical advantages if there's not an outright huge imbalance).
>>
>>71450500
Well it was right by Clark, so I'd assume it's his.
>>
>>71448477
>Sorry about that Superman. Here, let me buy you a drink
>Thanks pal
>Bartender : No drinks on the pool table - get out
>>
who's gonna make the game though?
mk didn't work for DC at all.
What can they do, offer Capcom a certain % to not have them included in it?
It'd be great but they can hardly get the right studios to make their games, especially Marvel, they just make crap and as long as it sells to make a profit they're not really trying to make something revolutionary
>>
>>71450581
There isn't actually a bartender. Because it's Wolverine's personal bar that he's invited everyone back to.

That's why he's at the bar, and why he snikted while everyone else is calm: he's pissed about people spilling shit on his pool tables.
>>
>>71448633
Hawkeye's banned from pool night because of his aim. Same for Cyclops.
>>
>>71448531
this
>>
>>71450635
Iono, Injustice was fun but I would rather have something like Capcom vs Tatsunoko
>>
>>71450817
>Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

I am legitimately surprised people remember this.
>>
>>71448477
Disney is gonna milk the shit out of Marvel so I'm sure there will be a DCvsMarvel game at any point. Maybe just not in the immediate future.
>>
>>71448477
Because there aren't enough people bitching about power levels now.
>GAME GOT IT WRONG! GAME GOT IT WRONG!
>>
>>71452025
To be fair games usuallly GOT THEM WRONG, because they need to level the fight.

You can't expect to put Krillin in the same tier than Goku or Frieza, or even they on the same tier as Gurren Lagan or Saint Seiya.
>>
>>71450736
But they still allowed Cap. Cap doesn't just win all the time because he is a nice guy and let's everybody else have a chance.
>>71450702
So it's not Marvel vs DC, it's everybody vs Wolverine.
My money is on the short canadian. Wolverine either jobs to you or you job to Wolverine. No exceptions.
>>
>>71450702
Wolverines on the wrong side of the bar for that, and also theres a Specials board.
>>
Obligatory "if we get one it will be Lego" post
>>
There will never be a DC/Marvel Lego game either.

Unless someone will make a mod for the existing games.
>>
>>71452195
>Not using a "specials" board in the bar in your basement
I bet you don't have arcade machines, pinballs or dragon dildos so your guests feel comfortable
>>
>>71449797
Even if it wasn't, still great pun.
>>
>>71452402
Absolutely wonderful pun.
>>
>>71448477
superhero fighting games are shit because they have to limit everyone's strength and other abilities so people like batman can still hang. if there were a fighting game where you somehow could utilize everyone's superpowers to the fullest, the flash would rekt all nubs.
>>
>>71450552
You've got a good point there. I used to do "Batman whoops the DC universe's ass" runs on Injustice just for funnies. After about a fourth of the roster, it got to be a bit implausible.
>>
>>71452116
Well precisely, lots of DBZ games have huge imbalances between characters (notably their health total and damage), which fits the canon but makes for a game that's not suited for competititon.
>>
>>71450578
But Clark doesn't drink, and Hal is stupid enough to leave his drink there. Look at his face, he has a "Fuck, that was mine.." look.
>>
>>71450702
>everyone is calm
>Batman is pulling out a Batarang
>Hulk is standing right there. The Fucking Hulk.
>Stark has already worked out a firing solution
>you fucking know Diana is ready to brawl
>>
>>71448581
>The "cartoon" Side will never be more than tumblr posters
>>
>>71448477
I would play it if the shoe string plot was literally this. They get into a bar fight because one knocked over the other's drink.
>>
>>71456053
Most everyone looks annoyed, probably because Tony, Nat, and Thor are looking like they're going to start throwing down against Bruce and Hal.

Plus J'onn is right there so you know the first that is going to happen is Wolverine and Hulk are getting mind-controlled. It's their thing.
>>
>>71448477
/co/ would you read an ongoing set in a bar? Like a hero's only bar where they go to vent to the bartender, play pool, have some drinks, and the occasional brawl?
>>
>>71448477
Hulk, Thor and Rogue are Marvels only chance at survival.
>>
>>71452371
I'm working on it. Using Lego Batman 3 as a base and trying to port characters over from Marvel but hitting some road blocks.
>>
>>71448633
>NetherRealm always feels like a reskin
NetherRealm always feels like a reskin

Have you ever actually played a NR game?
>>
>>71448477

seems like DCs got this fight
>>
>>71456843
Wolverine could do some damage
>>
>>71456843
Marvel has no chance for survival in this scenario. Thor and Hulk are the only two that could survive longer than an instant. Take away those two and flash, supes, ww, hal, pg, and mm could each solo the entire marvel side.
>>
>>71457477
No he couldnt. He could withstand damage for sure but speed and strength wise he's on the level of Captain America. He's not fast or strong enough to hurt anyone on dc roster except bats and aquaman.
>>
>>71449948
this is really what would happen
>>
>>71457011
They have Flash so yeah.
Even without Flash to solo everyone, Marvel's biggest hitter is Hulk and MM could hit him the one place he's vulnerable; his mind. Without those two Hulk would steamroll everyone, unless Batman had preptime.
>>
I don't really see the point in superhero fighting games, they just play like fighting games just with cape characters.
I'd like a game where it actually felt like a superhero fighting game, not just a fighting game with superheroes.

The closest we've ever got was Marvel Nemesis and fuck me that was awful.
>>
>>71456369
The adventures of Guy Gardner?
>>
>>71459018
You know batman doesn't leave his cave without preptime and a plan to take out everyone
its his superpower
>>
>>71448633
>Wait, what? What is she even doing there?
You need a token dick sucker at any hangout. If you weren't a social outcast you would know this.
>>
>>71448477
Auperman alone can destroy all of the Marvel side. Everyone else is just there to keep him in check. That's a kryptonite filled batarang Bataman is pulling out.
>>
>>71459175

Rogue would touch him and get his powers without him knowing power stealing is her power
>>
File: Mugen_1.0_title_screen.jpg (249 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mugen_1.0_title_screen.jpg
249 KB, 1280x720
>>71448477
It got made years ago.
>>
Back around 1992 when Capcom was in that "Okay, SF2 is a huge hit. What do we do next?" phase, one of the ideas they cooked up alongside Darkstalkers and X-Men: Children of the Atom was a Marvel VS DC fighting game. It never worked out because both companies found the idea of their characters losing to those from the rival company unacceptable.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.