[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kitchen Machine for baker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 41LpRw0k-fL.jpg (19 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
41LpRw0k-fL.jpg
19 KB, 500x376
hey /ck/,

I'm looking for a good kitchen machine, mainly to shape the dough for my bread and viennoiserie, for a personnal use of course. Is there any baker here that can advice me on the subject ?

A quick search direct me to the Kenwood KMX51 (for 250€) that seems to be the medium quality (full metal), and good budget for me.

What do /ck/ use to make good french bread ?
>>
>>7886593
Wouldn't bakers be inclined to buy industrial baking machines which you can't afford?
>>
i use a bread machine to knead dough. See if you can pick up one at goodwill for 10 dollars.
>>
>>7886596
Of course they do, I specified that I'm looking for one for my personnal use.

What I don't understand is why, for instance, I can't find a spirale mixer for low quantity (less than 10kg).
The market is flooded with multi-function robots but not good personnal kneading machine.

I hoped that you could enlight me, I'm new to the profession and looking for advice obviously.
>>
If you intend to do bread daily or every other day, a Globe mixer will do fine. It'll knead dough, and is more durable than a kitchen-aid. They mostly do industrial sizing, but have a couple in the range you're looking for.
>>
>>7886608

Just to clarify. You mention you're new to the profession, which implies you intend to do this as more than just a hobby. As well as stating that you want it for personal use. Can you clarify what you're after?

A kitchen-aid or that kenmore is just fine for home use. A Globe 5qt is a professional machine, but still in the 400-500 euro range. It's pretty overkill for home use. However, if you intend to make some kind of career out of this, it'll serve you well for experimenting and trying out new things while you save for a real machine.
>>
>>7886634
Haha
>>
>>7886625
>>7886634

To clarify, yes i'm learning the profession, this just means i'm starting to be a little selectiv on the quality of the machine, but still I don't want to run a business with it, just bake some quality breads and croissants for my small family.

I didn't knew about the Globe brand, so thanks. The 5qt will perfectly do the trick for me, but is a bit expensive though and I think you're right when you talk about overkilling it !

So any advice on the brands kenwood and kitchenaid ? I think they fit better for the need, which is let say, max. 4kg dough per week.

Any of you own one of these ?
>>
>>7886593
why bother with kitchen machine and bread, when you can have a nice pasta machine instead
>>
>>7886669
If you don't want to run a business don't use the word profession or baker, those are terms for people professionally involved with food
>>
A bread machine is a cheaper option if you're only doing dough. Planetary mixers aimed at home users (Think kitchen aid and the like) struggle with dough.
After getting a Kitchenaid I realized that it just isn't large enough for a more serious home baker, so I got a used Hobart A200, but that's not a viable option for most people.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Have you looked into a Ankarsrum mixer? They're a step up from a planetary mixer, but not quite a 200 pound piece of industrial equipment.
>>
>>7888161

For the price of one of these things you could easily afford a professional mixer from a bankruptcy auction.

Of course then you have to move and find a spot for a couple 100 pounds worth of machinery the size of a fridge.
>>
File: 51rBfGcZRPL._SY355_.jpg (22 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51rBfGcZRPL._SY355_.jpg
22 KB, 355x355
>>7886700

I bought this fucker and made pasta and ravioli all day. I impressed a lot of people.
>>
>>7888221
Have you got a good beginner recipe for Ravioli?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.