[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to know what this sandwich consists of. How to make the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1454298893400.jpg (139 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454298893400.jpg
139 KB, 1080x1080
I need to know what this sandwich consists of.
How to make the bread and why is it dark? I don't think it's rye.
What stuff is in there? I know it's vegan but what's the slurry bit made of?
Thanks in advance.
>>
Pumpernickel?
>>
Looks like rye bread though.
>>
>>7880701
Crumb looks more like pumpernickel
>>
cucumber lettuce tomatoe carrot

i think?
>>
>>7880680
wouldn't surprise if the slurry thing is something made from chickpeas, like hummus or whaever
>>
>>7880751
It kinda looks like tempeh to me
>>
>>7880680
that looks fucking delicious
>>
>>7880680
>vegan

Dropped. Why must all vegans announce themselves? I'm gonna buy a carnivore shirt
>>
I'm guessing the bottom thing is a vegan burger produced in an industrial factory with a steep carbon footprint at every point of its production and shipment, but because it doesn't kill an animal, it's totally morally fine for a human to eat in its house, made of wood, in a society built from environmental reclamation, that a dense society of chickens or stink pigs could have filled otherwise.
>>
>>7880680
When will vegans stop trying to imitate meat?
>>
>>7881225

What makes you think they are in this case?
>>
bottom bit looks like cauliflower/potato to me. reckon it might be some kind of big potato cake like aloo tikki type thing. think it miught have diced carrot in it as well. then there's grated carrot, avocado, tomato, romaine, and hot sauce/ketchup. couple of cubes in the right half of the background sandwich look like they might be some kind of fried soy protein or something
>>
>>7880680
well it looks like chicken but considering the guy wearing the vegan tshirt it must be some sorth of higly processed soy and oil thing
>>
>>7881225
Why not? I've had meat alternatives that were comparable to meat, obviously not the genuine article but I don't get what's so bad about that
>>
Looks like black bean bread to me. Damn good and rich with iron.
>>
>>7881333
Recipe?
>>
>>7880680
That there looks like chickpea fake tuna salad. You can fake the taste by adding onion powder, pickles, salt, and kelp to the cooked chickpeas. You're welcome. Another alternative is making sunflower pate, which you can find in How It All Vegan, which is a good cookbook.
>>
>>7883141
Subtle shill there m8y, but thanks for the tip. It sounds tasty. Where to get kelp for cheap? can I make it/process it myself?
>>
>>7880701
Doesn't look rye at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 640x924) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 640x924
>>7880680
Do your own research you lazy little cunt.
>>
>>7883372
>Random bimbo's tumblr image
Yes anon I feel so enlightened now.
>>
>>7881188
So much this.

Liberals, of which I am one, get so butthurt when you explain that industrial farming is better for the environment than their elitest local organic snake oil.
>>
>>7880680
Why are vegans so fucking full of themselves. For fucks sake they're worse than scientologists.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.