[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Pittsburgh for some reason this weekend what eat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: pittsburgh-pa-cityscape.jpg (33 KB, 680x260) Image search: [Google]
pittsburgh-pa-cityscape.jpg
33 KB, 680x260
I'm going to Pittsburgh for some reason this weekend

what eat?
>>
File: Gasp.jpg (2 KB, 93x125) Image search: [Google]
Gasp.jpg
2 KB, 93x125
>>7876695
Human Flesh.
>>
>>7876695
Haven't been in a decade, so my food knowledge of the town is outdated. The Strip used to be where you went for decent Greek and Italian. There were other Italian neighborhoods, too.
>>
>>7876695
Primanti Bros
>>
>>7876986
If you to go primantis, don't get the cheesesteak, get something good like capicola or kielbasa, real Pittsburgh meats.
Also I'd recommend gaucho in the strip for good argentine food or chicken Latino for good Peruvian.
Church brew works is also cool for having a brewery in an old church but the food is just ok and the beer is just decent.
>>
>>7876695
Avenue B if you want high quality food

Whooleys in the Strip if you want fresh fish or lobster, just don't touch their little sushi counter

Anywhere else, go fuck yourself
>>
Steak & potatoes I think is the name it's a steakhouse
>>
>>7877664
I think it's actually Meat & Potatoes
>>
>>7876695
Meat and Potatoes, Butcher and the Rye, or täkō are easily the three best restaurants in downtown. I might be biased since I used to work there, but they really have never disappointed. You can get seats at the bar easily if you are there close to opening, otherwise good luck getting a last minute reservation at any reasonable times.

The Strip has some great ethnic food, and if you are going during the weekend then get there early and there will be tons of food being sold on street.

And there is always Primantis, if you just want to get the "Pittsburgh sandwich." I'm not the biggest fan, but plenty of people love it. Second getting capicola.
>>
>>7876695
Change your plans, come to Boston.
>>
If you go to Primanti's be sure to go to the original one in the strip. The food's not any different from the others. just the original is this hole-in-the-wall grease-covered embodiment of what Pittsburgh used to be.
And in addition to what others have said; I'd recommend Fat Head's on the south side and Salem's in the strip. Just don't go to Salem's if you're a /pol/-tard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.