[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
random question /ck/ my grandma just picked this set of mini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2206.jpg (58 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2206.jpg
58 KB, 480x640
random question /ck/

my grandma just picked this set of mini duck bowls up from a thrift store because she thought it looked cute, but none of us have any idea what it's for. we thought it might be to serve various sauces and dips in but we're not sure if that was the original purpose.

any other thoughts?
>>
Put sauce in it and cook duck
>>
Gravy boat maybe
>>
Seriously?
The smaller ducks are for serving boiled eggs, on special occasions such as easter. The large one is to store the smaller ones.
>>
they could also be egg cups, but it's a bit hard to tell given the angle of the photo.
>>
>>7875585
Oh wow that makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback guys
>>
>>7875572
Congrats. She laughed when I told her this
>>
I have no idea what those are for but I'm super fucking jealous of your duck bowls although they might actually be geese not trying to alarm you or anything
>>
>>7875615
Haha yeah they are pretty cute I'm almost sorry I pointed them out to her in the store instead of just taking them for myself. I hope they're not geese though. Geese are fucking evil
>>
>>7875635
>Geese are fucking evil
Canada?
>>
>>7875705
Nah California. I've had some bad experiences with geese at a local lake though. Are geese in Canada especially evil?
>>
>>7875743
They can be bastards.
>>
>>7875567
they look a lot like a set of egg cups, nice for making a sunday breakfast slightly more of a special occasion.
You could serve individual servings of sauce in them like Bearnaise for steaks.
>>
It's tradition in Canada for the duck bowls to come out on special occasions such as graduating college or getting pregnant

You are missing part of the set though, there is a third larger duck that holds six of the medium size duck
>>
>>7875816
>there is a third larger duck that holds six of the medium size duck
Holy shit seriously? That's a lot of ducks
>>
>>7875837
I think your leg just got yanked
>>
>>7875872
ah. that makes more sense. i'm on mobile so i can't be bothered to google what you guys are saying
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.