[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recipes for chicken liver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
o hai.

I've been craving chicken liver lately. Does anyone know any good recipes?

I just ate somewhat over a pound of them, sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning, coated in beaten egg then breadcrumbs, and baked 45 minutes at 375 (190 C. if you prefer) on a foil lined pan, then sprinkled lightly with salt.

The results were okay but I think maybe next time I will use cayenne pepper instead of Old Bay.

What other recipes are out there for chicken livers? Thanks.
>>
>>7873460
I think this is copypasta
>>
>>7873521
who cares, liver is awesome. LIVER THREAD!
>>
>>7873460
I just bread 'em, fry 'em, and eat 'em with hot sauce.
>>
I have been thinking of getting some bacon, and wrapping each liver with half a strip of bacon and securing it with a skewer, then baking as before. I have not previously had chicken liver with bacon but I am thinking the flavors might work well together. Maybe even some jalapeno pepper slices in each one?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Get some class up in this bitch.

Cook it up with some schmaltz, and a fist full of butter, and some madeira. That's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>7873688
>A fistful of butter
Here's to you, America.
>>
>>7873638
this.
>>
>>7873460
Yeah, take your chicken livers and fix them on the end of some fishing hooks and toss them in the river, delicious catfish coming right up.
>>
>>7873705
MS reporting in. This anon has the right idea.
>>
>>7873705
I thought catfish wouldn't eat anything that wasn't spoiled, at least by human standards.
>>
>>7873688
Hmm. Sounds good--maybe with some thin slivers of shallots and white button mushrooms, browned in the butter and simmered in the wine. Do you simmer the wine mixture afterwards and reduce it, and serve it as a sauce?
>>
I make dirty rice with them. Because of cultural background, I cook dirty rice the way you're meant to cook polo/pilaf/plov/etc, so please no bully if this is not how it's done by Americans.

Run through the mincer and set aside.
Crumble cook some American breakfast sausage then remove the meat from the pan, keeping the drippings behind.
Add chopped celery, onion and green bell pepper to the pan, salt generously, then lower the heat to sweat the veg.
When nicely soft, add the minced livers and sauté about to cook through.
Re-add the breakfast sausage.
Add par-cooked rice (not par-boiled; just take any non-glutinous/non-risotto type of rice, boil it, unwashed, to under done, then drain, rinse it on cold water until the water runs clear and shake of all excess moisture).
Top off with a little chicken stock, lid the pot and up the heat to high.
Place your hand on the lid and when it's too hot to keep there comfortably, off the heat and allow the rice to finish up by the steam of its own residual heat, about 10-20 minutes; meanwhile, clean up after yourself.

Serve your dirty rice as part of a meal with other traditionally Cajun/Creole foods.
>>
>>7873688
>class
>schmaltz and butter
Uh-huh.
>>
>>7873750

Right before dropping it into the food pro and reducing it to a paste, sure.
>>
>>7874354

ALL the fats.

As a gentile I am not restricted from mixing dairy and other animals.
>>
>>7874279

That's pretty close to what's done in the US. the only real difference is that we'd use a smoked sausage like andoullie rather than breakfast sausage.
>>
>>7874650
Please don't use reddit phrases, it encourages other off-siters to also use reddit phrases.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.