[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If i soak grinded buttered weed in hot water (just boiled) for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
If i soak grinded buttered weed in hot water (just boiled) for 1-2hours in a very good thermal cup (it said that if i put rice and hotwater in the cup, by morning the rice will be cooked), will this work instead of extracting the thc from the stove way.

I have about 1g left and im thinking of 5:5 butter water ratio that will fill about 1/3of the thermal cup.

Thx I'm looking to make some tea.
>>
>>7868850
Yeah. Will work fine.
>>
>>7868855

Are you nuts? THC is not water soluble. You need either fat or alcohol involved in order for the THC to be extracted. That's why the typical use of cannabis in cooking involves extracting it into butter or oil.

You need a source of fat (butter, oil) or alcohol. Water only won't work.
>>
>>7868867
I will mix just boiled hot water with same amount of butter and then add my grinded stuff. The water is for the heat i also plan to microwave butter to have it melted before hand.

Hmmmm if i use just melted butter (from the microwave and my buds in the thermal cup i guess id also be a way to go...

Also anon for the alcohol based method. Do i just some my grinded buds into alcohol and drink? I have 1g left and a bottle of jack daniel. Do i just grind it up and soak it in the alcohol for 2 months?
>>
>1. You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.
>>
File: 1438830046442.jpg (386 KB, 825x2448) Image search: [Google]
1438830046442.jpg
386 KB, 825x2448
>>7868850
Decarbox your weed first:

I cant remember exactly the amount of time and temp, but about 30min in the oven at about 120c should do it.

Then simmer the nice toasty brown weed in a pot with a cup of water and a huge lump of butter.

You can get away with just simmering it for an hour but the longer you let it simmer like that the better it'll be. I know some people that do the butter thing for 4 hours but I used to just do an hour.

When it's all done pour it into a container and throw it in the fridge/freezer. The water will separate from the butter so you can just pour it off.

DONT
>use margarine
>use low-fat butter
>just throw the weed straight in the butter (it DOES work but it wont be anywhere near as strong)
>walk away from the kitchen, preparing good edible/drinkable weed is all about times and temperatures.

DO
>use cheap bud your first few times until you figure out your oven
>use a thermometer if you have one
>use a phone app to calculate how strong your butter will be (just look up your weed strain online to get a rough idea of how much % it is)

If you just want to make tea and coffee the lazy way though look into getting Phoenix Tears or infused honey oil or something instead.
>>
File: 1438830146090.png (581 KB, 1264x5017) Image search: [Google]
1438830146090.png
581 KB, 1264x5017
>>7868879
alcohol method is fun. Again just decarbox your weed and let it soak in whatever hard liquor you like in a teabag for a few weeks. Enjoy.
>>
>>7868919
consuming weed isn't against the law in every part of the united states
and because we're anonymous we have no way of knowing where we are all posting from

and the police don't care so they just give us the benefit of the doubt
proxies exist so if he really wanted to he could just use an IP from an area it's legal

tl;dr
>violates local law
>>
Firecrackers op
>>
>>7869274
Firecrackers are kinda shit though. The amount of time, energy, prep and effort into making like 1 or 2 firecrackers OP could just make a whole bunch of butter or >>7869269 instead.
>>
>>7868850

You're Stupid. Also why the fuck even make the effort for a Single gram.. Buy some more Weed n just smoke what You have..
>>
>>7868919
>he still thinks weed is illegal
>>
>>7869264
I do the butter thing for 8 hours.
>>
File: LMOA DUDE.png (156 KB, 434x709) Image search: [Google]
LMOA DUDE.png
156 KB, 434x709
>>7868850
>>
>>7869264
Thx anon but the main reason im kinda iffy about the oven method is the smell and how it will linger. I live in a condo and cant really afford to have neighbours complaining of weed smell so i want a method for no smell (noticeable smell at least)

>>7869282
No experience with extracting and hate smoking
>>
>>7869359

You can skip the oven step but it won't be anywhere near as strong. If you're worried about the smell then wrap your bud tightly in foil. Then bake it. Let it cool before unwrapping the packet. That will keep the smell down.
>>
>>7869372
Would it work if i roast the tin foil wrapped bud on top of an outdoor fire then dump the hot buds in my jack daniel? That seems like the basic jist of it.
>>
>>7869412

that could work, but it would be tricky. You want to get the bud hot enough to decarboxylate it, but not so hot that it actually burns.

The problem with doing it over an outdoor fire is maintaining the correct temperature. It would be very easy to accidentally overheat it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.