[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i spice my ramen up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ramen.jpg (8 KB, 153x122) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
8 KB, 153x122
Hi /ck/. I know this is a slow-moving board, but i need fast answers if possible.

Im a poorfag right now, and all i have to eat at the moment is Maruchan chicken flavored ramen.

Now don't get me wrong, i love it original, but ive become sick and bored of eating it plain.

I am a fan of spicy foods, and would love to add some tasteful spiceness to it. My friend had some highbrand spicy ramen noodles that were the bomb, but i have no idea what spices were included.

I have sometimes been known to sprinkle some crushed red pepper in my ramen, which usually gets the job done, but alas im all out of that as well.

So essentially, what i have to work with (spicy wise) is

cayenne pepper
louisiana hot sauce

probably some other spices but im too lazy to check, but i know for a fact i have those two.

Help!

>TL;DR: help me make my ramen spicy
>>
im so confused why chicken appears to be the popular maruchan flavor?

it is the single worst flavor BY FAR.

buy fucking oriental or beef, whats wrong with you people??
>>
>>7868163
Lurk moar
>>
>>7868178
Beef is pretty god-tier, i can admit, but i switch between chicken and beef, if i've ate one flavor for too long i just switch to the other etc

>>7868180
i can honestly admit this is my first time browsing /ck/, is the question i asked answered in a sticky somewhere or something?
>>
>>7868163
If you are white, you are not allowed to make your food spicy.
>>
>>7868163
this guy is right
>>7868180

There's always threads about ramen and how to make it really good. If you don't get an answer here keep coming back for a while and you're bound to find something. P.S. this board isn't terribly slow. should have plenty of posts by tomorrow if people are interested. there might be something in the archive if you look.
>>
Literally just experiment with spices in it. That's all those flavours sachets are anyway. Put a lil bit of chilli, soy sauce, maybe crack an egg or something. It's not hard.

When I was going through a rough patch I was alternating between chilli/tuna/cabbage and egg/sweet chilli/soy sauce.
>>
>>7868195
but im hungry now.....
>>
>>7868202
Also, i think i may take your advice and put some chili powder and cayenne in the little flavor packet and shake it up.

How much measurement wise should i add? a teaspoon?
>>
>>7868210
just add a couple pinches at first and taste it.

add the flavor packet to the water while it's boiling, that way you can dip a spoon in and taste it for flavor.
>>
File: 1407253953291.jpg (1 MB, 1000x3400) Image search: [Google]
1407253953291.jpg
1 MB, 1000x3400
>>7868163
>>
I just had the bowl version of this

Just how badly am I tearing up my body by eating it every once in a while? I get cravings that nothing but that cheap too salty flavour will suffice for.
>>
>>7868210
Just add small amounts to taste. There's literaly nothing stopping you adding more later. Also try oils like sesame if yu have any lying around
>>
I use shin ramen but ey get by how u can

For shin ramen I usually do
Pinch of black pepper
teaspoon of granulated garlic
Very sparing teaspoon of cardamom
4-5 whole star anise(take out before eating)
Small teaspoon of Chinese five spices
A few drops of Blaire's After Death Sauce or you could sprinkle some cayenne and Louisiana
And then if you wanna make it really enjoyable, the second you pour the ramen noodles and soup into a bowl crack two whole eggs into the bowl and instantly start stirring to make sure the yolks break...
>>
>>7868759
Oh and don't forget fresh cilantro and a whole squeezed lime before adding the eggs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.