[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food Cultural Appropriation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ux1eie2plvfz9ok8sayo.jpg (82 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
ux1eie2plvfz9ok8sayo.jpg
82 KB, 636x358
I'm an italian (italian as in italian, not as "italian" like the guys on jersey shore or sopranos") and travellling a lot I've seen a lot of unspeakable, horrible things done upon my cuisine. Of course Murica leads the way, would it be for the fact that they invent every time new way of ruining a pizza, by putting pineapple over it or sausage in the crust, or the fact that they have italian dishes which in Italy don't exist (see voices: meatball spaghetti, fettuccine alfredo).
What about you? What happens to your cuisine when it goes in other countries? I am especially curious of japanese/chinese/indian
>>
OP here: since I don't wish to say only bad things about muricans, I'd like to state that probably the worst thing ever is the fact that my German flatmate eats every day cold spaghetti with strawberry jogurt as breakfast.
>>
>>7864973
for some reason in korea putting corn on pizza is called american style, lot of weird pizza and westernized foods there

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2015/the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-korean-pizza/

though I do agree with Italy most 'american Italian food' is crap, though pasta and meatballs is a favorite of mine
>>
>>7864982
I once had sex with a Swedish girl who offered me spaghetti and tea the next morning.

It was just spaghetti and tomato ketchup and fruit tea with milk in.

I must have been shit in the sack.
>>
italy stole pizza from korea stupid hairy wop go pay protection racket and pose as chewbacca for tourists
>>
>>7864973

Keep in mind anything involving tomatoes is American cuisine and your ancestors unanimously hate you for ruining their "true" cuisine :^)
>>
>>7864997
Wow, just...wow
Even if I don't claim to have a word on what other people like to eat. I mean, they can do whatever they want, I don't even say that Italy or anyone else invented it (cmon, the idea of putting things over a slice of bread is not something anyone can claim to be the inventor...)
I just say: they want something else, just called something else. I would have no problem in having a Founding Fathers Bread with pepperoni and pienapple or a Choson Slice with wasabi...just it's not pizza. Words have a meaning.
>>
>>7865039
>oes is American cuisine and your ancestors unanimously hate you for ruining their "true" cuisine :^)
point totally given, but I guess they were not calling it pizza. Moreover I don't see pizzerie called "Tenochtitlan" or "Aztec". It's not the thing it itself grinding my gears, it's the cultural appropriation and mockery
>>
>>7865053
>It's not the thing it itself grinding my gears, it's the cultural appropriation and mockery

Guess that's what happens when even Ethiopia is capable of kicking you around and taking your lunch
>>
>>7865080
How do you know he's from Eritrea?
>>
File: 1391462855853.gif (955 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1391462855853.gif
955 KB, 360x360
>>7865005
>spaghetti and ketchup
I'm a Brit so II know I'm not really in a position to talk shit about bad food, but that's fucking disgusting
>>
>>7864997
Asia in general is weird about adopting western recipes. Shit, they got pretty much all deserts wrong.
>>
>>7864973
my girlfriend is japanese I am american. i think her opinion is the same as many other japanese people. she likes twists on japanese food. there isn't really a sense of cultural appropriation in japan. japanese people are just happy to have people taking an interest to their culture.
>>
>>7865177
Which ones did we get wrong? The Gobi?
>>
>>7865189

If it includes dairy of any kind they fucked it up. They have basically no culinary history with dairy at all, apart from a few fringe outliers.
>>
File: 1394915129367.jpg (48 KB, 590x318) Image search: [Google]
1394915129367.jpg
48 KB, 590x318
>>7865053
Why don't you play hide and go fuck yourself/

Tomatoes originated in central and south America. Italian immigrants to the US were the ones who invented the vast majority of the foods that you have a problem with. You just keep shooting yourself in the dick, you incompetent mouthbreather.

Do us all a favor and go eat a 100% Italian bullet. Maybe then you won't cry like a little bitch.
>>
>>7864973
your pic related was made in the UK
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.