[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to learn to Cook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 22.jpg (31 KB, 210x574) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
31 KB, 210x574
18 year old whos parents sucked and taught me jack shit
How can i go about learning to cook?
im going to the grocery in 4 hours so i was wondering what to make
ive been making meals, but it was basic stuff like grilled check on bread w/ green beans and milk
Got sick of it
How do i go about starting to learn to cook?
>>
Pick a semi complicated recipe. Buy ingredients for it. Follow recipe exactly.

Wait, then do the recipe again. This time use the recipe as more of a guideline than a rule. Experiment where it makes sense. Make things your own. Etc
>>
I'll teach you to cook if I can watch you take a shower

There will be extras if touching is allowed
>>
File: 1464959256153.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464959256153.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>7862520
So i should think of stuff i like and make that?
I like sandwitches alot but turkey is pricey ;_;
>>7862521
im a fat white guy, you don't want me.
>>
File: baked_chicken_breast.jpg (10 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
baked_chicken_breast.jpg
10 KB, 183x275
>>7862520
This. Cooking is more about principles than recipes, because that's where adaptation springs from. Once you know the principles of a particular dish or food, you can transform it into anything you like.

Case in point, chicken breast. You can season and roast it whole, then serve it piping hot or cut it up for other recipes (e.g. pasta, salads, tacos etc.). Bake it with starches in a casserole. Marinate it in yogurt and spices for kebabs or curry. Cook it with potatoes in a casserole. Dice and stir fry it with seasonal vegetables and your Asian sauce of choice. Bread and deep fry/bake it to make katsu/goujons...

Learn the basics, apply common sense and you'll eventually be good enough to write a recipe book of your own. Oh, and practice makes perfect.
>>
>>7862516
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>7862630
This seems way too hard and boring desu
Should i just live off of sandwitches?
>>
>>7862664
You should just kill yourself.
>>
>>7862669
Thanks for the constructive advice.
Sandwitches it is.
>>7862662
Hazel from a comic book called Seconds. Book was ehh but she is a qt so i like it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL435B8F0CB00AF764

Don't you have PBS?
>>
>grew up with waitress mother
>most dinners were restaurant food or basic young single mother cooking
>get to high school
>get job
>start to teach self to cook
>mother gets chef bf who cooks all the time
>stop learning instead of getting him to teach me
>he leaves
>I graduate
>live off shit junk food for a year or two
>move in with gf
>gf cooks basically every night
>doing the same shit where I'm not learning from her
>whenever I get off my ass and try to cook she shoves me out of the kitchen and cooks for me for fear I'll fuck it up
She's made half joking remarks about not teaching me so that I'll have reason not to leave her. I don't know how I feel about that other than accepting complacency in having a hot gf that cooks well.
>>
Cook 100 recipes in 100 days, afterwards you will know how to cook without it
>>
Boil a bunch of eggs and try different seasonings on them.
>>
File: 1344396483759.png (933 KB, 1085x981) Image search: [Google]
1344396483759.png
933 KB, 1085x981
>>7862694
>accepting complacency in having a hot gf that cooks well
You've already made it, fampai

>>7862664
>seems way too hard and boring
>nuuu learning is gay
I hope you get diabetes
>>
well i started in pretty much the same way as you and the flow went about like this:
be terrified of stove
make pasta for the first time because it was literally just boiling water
learn to cook meat in a frying pan or in the oven
learn to make rice
learn to make beans
ignore veggies, just use freezer bags of brocolli for the longest time
eventually learn how to steam veggies, and to cook leafy greens
Advance to the stage of "think of thing i'd like to eat, google it, follow the recipe"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.