[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT- Snakeoil diets/food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: photo.png (169 KB, 419x418) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
169 KB, 419x418
ITT- Snakeoil diets/food
>>
File: acai-meme.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
acai-meme.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
>>7861613
at least you're not a completely shitty trip

acai berries
>>
>>7861613
The gluten-free meme
>>
Paleo
Ketogenic
>>
Honestly, any "superfood".

Most kale you can buy is awful bullshit.

Also, I'm annoyed by the fact that most maple syrup and a great deal of honey is a lie.
>>
File: blood-type-diet-copy.png (230 KB, 660x389) Image search: [Google]
blood-type-diet-copy.png
230 KB, 660x389
All the blood type diet bullshit
>>
>>7861619
tfw I like the taste of acai berries but can't eat them or /ck/ will make fun of me
>>
>>7861675
Tfw I don't even know what they taste like
>>
>>7861650
Had no idea this was a thing, but now that I do, I wanna make fun of the faggies that buy into it
>>
>>7861639
Paleo is snake oil for those who can't hold to it. Why Keto? I did Keto and loss 120+ pounds. It kills your appetite by stopping addiction to carbohydrates and has you eat slow burning calories that don't quickly become bodily fats.

To the wrong person, it's just another diet they ditch after a month of on-off cheating and never fully getting into ketosis/weight loss. To those that do it properly and with heart, it's a life saver.
>>
>>7861686
I didn't either until I saw the pages of stuff and detailed notes my mother had printed on it. I haven't had the time to print off everything I find on PubMed that states it's bullshit, but at this point I think I'm just going to see what happens.

>>7861639
>>7861689
I'm down almost 20 lbs in under two months on keto. Its an easy enough eating plan to stick to and the only downside is that I probably piss more frequently than a diabetic
>>
Kale.
>>
>>7861613
Keto
>>
>>7861689
>>7861714

Keto makes you lose fat, but it also damages your muscles and blood vessels. You're lowering the pH of your blood by giving yourself a mild form of ketoacidosis, and the increased acidity wears away at your organs. You can permanently damage your heart doing it.

The other problem with it is that there's no endgame. What do you do when you reach your ideal weight? If you start consuming carbs again, you'll gain all the fat back because the mock-diabetes you gave yourself will limit your ability to metabolize them. Stay on the diet, and you're starving yourself.

Fad diets don't work, that's why they're fads. Atkins is essentially the same thing, and it came and went. There is no secret combination of food you can eat to lose weight while living a sedentary lifestyle without hurting yourself.
>>
>>7861764
You can just eat less.
>>
>>7861764
'mock diabetes' from keto?
Are you retarded?
Ketogenic diets are used to treat pre-diabetes in order to reduce insulin resistance in the body

you're literally fucking retarded
>>
>>7861675
I don't care what people say, they're the perfect smoothie ingredient and I will not apologize.
>>
>>7861766
no you need to eat better
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.