[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qtddtot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_0028.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0028.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
I'll start obviusly.
How to steamcoock spinach with out a steamer. Bonuspoints for easy and little dishes
>>
Can a double boil replace a heat diffuser?
>>
>>7850777
fuck it, good enough for lucky trips good enough for me
>>
My mom cooks roast in the crockpot, and then makes noodles with the broth. There are always leftovers, and after being refrigerated the broth always gels and really complicates reheating.

Is there a way around all that, in the reheating? or something to add to the broth that won't change the flavor or the texture notably?
>>
>>7852862
I don't know of anything you can add but cooking the broth again before adding the noodles might help to reintegrate the fat and gelatin. When a pot roast cooks, the collagen in the connective tissue breaks down to gelatin. When the gelatin cools and sets it takes more energy to ungel the gelatin than it took to convert the collagen to gelatin.
>>
>>7852862
Do either of you skim off the fat while it's hot when it's initially cooked? I dunno if this would work with a crockpot per se (never used one ;_;), but I know it helps when I make 5 gallons of stew, skim off excess fat at the top, then store the bulk of it in the chest freezer for cozy times.
>>
>>7852862
It's either from the gelatin in the meat or starch in the noodles. There isn't really a way around it, unless you store them separately which would make it easier to reheat.
>>
>>7852891
unfortunately we don't really separate the two, but it may be an option going forward.

>>7852928
Neither of us do that. for my part, I'm afraid it would really turn down the flavor. Are you referring to the stew or the fat for storage?

>>7852945
Yeah, I wonder if switching noodles would help or if they'd all just be starchy as hell. Since the mass takes on a very jell-o like quality I'm inclined to blame the gelatin.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (16 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
16 KB, 194x259
>>7850771
I'm a big fan of fresh spinach, so I got some canned spinach because its cheap as hell. I didn't enjoy it very much plain and microwaved though.

Canned spinach recipes/preparation tips?
>>
>>7853241
sauted bacon with bacon dressing (extra sour is sooo goood)
>>
File: 1466132505405.png (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466132505405.png
23 KB, 600x600
>>7853250
*sauted spinach
>>
>>7853253
ty
>>
Whenever I bake cookies they taste off, like I can taste every ingredient separately. This makes it taste mostly of bicarbonate of soda and therefore like shit. I've tried adding less of the stronger ingredients like vanilla extract and soda but till get shit results.

Why might his be? I used this recipe last time but other recipes i've used have the same results. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2459643/vintage-chocolate-chip-cookies
>>
>>7853342
You probably overmix. You want to do mixin as little as possible to incorporate the dry ingredients.
>>
>>7853358
Shit I thought I wasn't mixing enough. Thanks for the info i'll try it out next time.
>>
Why is it that if you eat a lot before going to bed you wake up feeling even hungrier than if you had a light dinner several hours before sleeping?

>>7853241
dont know about the canned variety, but with frozen spinach i heat it up (optianally fry a sausage of few bacon strips for taste in the same pan before), crumble in some feta, make small moulds and crack some eggs in them, then cover with a lid and try not to miss the moment when the yolk is still a little runny

if the canned one is shredded: squeeze out the liqid with a cheescloth, mix it with 2 eggs, spread on a baking sheet and bake for a few minutes, optionally sprinkle some cheese on top after the surface dried.
after it cooled, smear it witch cream cheese, salmon, bacon, caviar, whatever and roll it up
>>
>QTDDOT
cancer threads from cancer boards, sage
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.