[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oatmeal Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Steel-Cut-Oatmeal.jpg (907 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Steel-Cut-Oatmeal.jpg
907 KB, 1600x900
How do you make your oats, /ck/? Looking for inspiration.

I buy rolled oats, put milk and oats on medium-high until boiling and lower to medium for three minutes. Then pour on top of a sliced banana and top with some cinnamon.

I like to put blueberries in before cooking when they're in season and not stupidly expensive. I've heard steel cut oats are great, but I'm not sold on spending 20 minutes making my oatmeal.
>>
File: surfing.gif (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
surfing.gif
77 KB, 500x375
>the current year
>eating literal horse feed

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.
>>
>>7848917
Heat oats in chicken stock, sprinkle Cajun seasoning on and mix, optionally add shrimp, sausage or chicken.
>>
>>7848967
might as well just eat meat for all that work
>>
File: noice.gif (313 KB, 195x210) Image search: [Google]
noice.gif
313 KB, 195x210
I grind rolled oats (can't really get any other preparations here in Slavland) in a food processor. Makes for a consistency similar to cream of wheat.
>>
I usually go with oats on the hob for about 7 - 10 minutes in milk and top it whatever fruits in season.
During the summer, I mess around more with overnight oats. Theres a bunch of different..."recipes" however even just soaking them in milk overnight results in a nice sweet morning breakfast.
Try 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of milk, spoon of honey and a spoon of pb (To your taste) overnight. Its pretty good.
>>
>>7848986
>Try 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of milk, spoon of honey and a spoon of pb (To your taste) overnight. Its pretty good.
Was just gifted some nice honey the other day, so I will have to try this. What does soaking the oats do for the taste?
>>
>>7848917
>soak steel cut oats in almond milk overnight, to soften and make cooking faster
>cook on stove in almond milk with brown sugar and cinnamon
>add diced apple if not too lazy

Not sure why, but soaking the oats overnight in almond milk makes it taste a lot better than just cooking the oats dry in almond milk. Although some people might not like how soft the oats gets this way. It's more like soggy cornflakes than regular oatmeal.
>>
>>7849002
Softens them, so you don't really need to cook them in the morning. They take on whatever flavour far more intensely since they've been sitting in it over night.
Works with maple syrup, mashed banana. Yogurt too.
If you toss in raisins or other dried fruit with them overnight, they will also plump up.
>>
>>7849016
Wait, the internet is causing me confusion here. Do you not proceed to cook the oats in the morning?
>>
-1/4 cup steel cut oats
-egg one minuture before taking off
-cinnamon sometimes
-2 tbs Flax Seed Powder
-1tbs chia seeds
-scoop of vanilla Pro Jym
-Peanutbutter and bananna if im hungry
>>
>>7848917
alcohol, milk, touch of butterscotch, water, salt. fruit to taste
>>
I'll usually boil a lot of steel cut oats early in the week and heat it up for breakfast.

I usually add a little bit of maple syrup and a handful of frozen blueberries
>>
>>7848917
>1/2 cup rolled oats
>1 cup water
>1 grated apple
>put on lowest setting on stove
>wait about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally

i chop walnuts on top and this morning i added a tbsp of nutella because we were out of honey. kind of good but too sweet.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.