[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ribs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hey everyone, so for the 4th, my mom bought some beef baby back and some pork spare ribs and I want to cook them up.

I don't have a smoker just a grill and oven. I've done ribs before in the oven and they came out good falling off the bone, but wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Links to any good rib rubs you use?

I usually trim the silverskin, put the rub on and wrap them up in foil and let them go in the oven at a low temp for a few hours, then take them out and throw them on the grill fast to get a nice crust.
>>
http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/charcoal_grill_setup.html

You can set up your grill to function as a smoker. Unless you have a propane grill, then just go kill yourself.
>>
>>7844977
I agree completely with this entire post.
>>
>>7844977
Well it is propane. And I've set it up for indirect heat before but I'm not gonna stand there for hours lifting the lid to adjust the temp because propane grills can get hot af.

This is why I've used the oven before. I throw liquid smoke in when I wrap them up and it does a decent job of imparting some smoke flavor, it's the best I can do at the time.
>>
File: hank.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>7844977
>Unless you have a propane grill, then just go kill yourself.
>>
>>7845015
Even Hank can appreciate barbecue done in a pit.
>>
>>7844981
>I'm not gonna stand there for hours lifting the lid to adjust the temp
What the fuck kind of propane grill doesn't let you adjust the fire? Turn the shit down to the lowest it goes, raise it by a touch until you get the heat you want.
>>
>>7844981
>propane
*sigh* get yourself a small disposable aluminum baking pan, fill it with soaked wood chips. Use the indirect heating method, if you have for burners tun on two med/high. Place the pan over the burners, ribs on the cold side. DONT RAISE THE FUCKING LID. Rub them with ground salt & pepper (& garlic powder, if you wish), half way through wrap them in foil. For your mop, this is the penultimate recipe from the best bbq joint in Texas: https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/11519157/coopers-llanotx-bbqmop-sauce/?locale=en_US Have fun, and a good meal
>>
>>7845190
*four turn two on
>>
>>7844973
>I usually trim the silverskin, put the rub on and wrap them up in foil and let them go in the oven at a low temp for a few hours, then take them out and throw them on the grill fast to get a nice crust.

sounds like you've got a good technique for no smoker. good job.
>>
>>7844973
Did she buy them for you to cook or did she buy them so that she could cook them? You mustn't cook what you don't own.
>>
>>7844981
Wait, if you don't want to use the grill, and have your oven method down pat, what are asking for? Rub? S&P. Mop? See the link here >>7845190. Liquid smoke is an abomination
>>
>>7844973
put a thin baking sheet straight on the bottom element of your oven (if it's electric) and dump wood chips on that tray. Smoker!

Might want to open windows and turn on the fume hood if you have one lol.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.