[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinny bachelor here. Came out of a poor family, ate shit growing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 4sJuX.jpg (86 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
4sJuX.jpg
86 KB, 540x720
Skinny bachelor here. Came out of a poor family, ate shit growing up, mother couldn't cook to save her life. Now I'm living on my own with a good income, and have no idea where even to begin with good meals and serving sizes, which is further complicated by my IBS.

Where do I even begin?
>>
/fit/ might be better - do you want to know how to eat healthy, or well?

Basic rule for healthy is 50/25/25. 50% should be veggies, 25% protein, and 25% or less grains/carbs.
>>
>>7839704
Eat well, I suppose. And I don't like dicks so I don't know why I'd go to /fit/.
>>
File: HEPApr2013.png (1 MB, 1854x1450) Image search: [Google]
HEPApr2013.png
1 MB, 1854x1450
>>7839711
dont listen to him youre in the right place bro.

Maybe this should be a "hey /ck/ I have IBS and need some basic nutrition ideas" no one wants to hear about you growing up poor and how your mom was a useless alcoholic whore, this is a cooking board. You want friends go to /soc/

Now buddy, I think you should post what foods/cuisines you like and can eat with the IBS, then lets work out some similar options of foods and maybe get you some recipes to make these foods in your swinging bachelor pad..

I'll start. you like fish?
>>
>>7839981
Yeah good point.

I do like fish, and will eat pretty much anything I can safely eat, which includes white meat of fish and poultry, and white rice. I can tolerate veggies decently, and some mild spices. No red meats, nothing too oily.
>>
>>7840058
do tomato based dished bother you?
>>
>>7840231
in small amounts it's okay
>>
Extra spicy kimchi is easy to make at home and goes great with an Irish coffee.
>>
>>7839981
Eh, no, basic empathy is a thing and all people come from somewhere. A simple statement about how one came to be in their situation can inspire people to care enough to post. Only people who are uncomfortable about their own story deny others theirs.
>>
>>7839696
Learn to roast meats, and the rest will fall into place
>>
>>7840058
Oh, and learn to make basic vegetable stit fry. For your case, cook them until they're pretty soft. Use easy less oil than in recipes you'll find online. A bit of soy sauce, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a bit of garlic, and a dash of sesame oil (only add sesame oil after you're done cooking the meal since it burns so easily) will produce a good "stired fry". Get a cheap wok to make it easier.

First, cook up some noodles, doesn't really matter what type. Then start throwing your veggies, a tablespoon of oil, and your soy sauce in the pan. Fry that shit up. Loads of mushrooms and pea pods. Water chestnuts are godly, but add them when the veggies are just about the firmness you want them to be. Anyway, when the veggies are half cooked, add the noodles and more soy sauce to taste. Fry that shit up. At this point add thinly slices meat of choice if you want.

Ezpz and tasty. Easily freezable so you can make giant batches if you want.
>>
File: 1466102225680.jpg (29 KB, 452x455) Image search: [Google]
1466102225680.jpg
29 KB, 452x455
>>7840388
then why dont you give him some recipes and advice instead of making that gay fucking post?

go back to /fit/ and stare at dicks. he already said he wasnt into you.
>>
>>7840418
What the fuck are you in about? Are you drunk?
>>
>>7840400
Yeah that sounds pretty solid. How long is it good for frozen? Also do you really add sliced lunch meat?
>>
>>7840432
lunch meat? he meant slice some meat yourself not that horrible deli type shit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.