[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High fat content foods make me vomit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rLpOqA1.gif (879 KB, 464x320) Image search: [Google]
rLpOqA1.gif
879 KB, 464x320
This has been going on to me for the past year, anyone else ever experienced this?

I noticed how much I adored Almond milk and skim milk, and noticed whole milk made me puke, no matter the circumstance

I noticed it when eating fast food for the first time in months too

Basically I feel my diet being restricted more and more to oil free foods like rice and beans, steamed chicken and chickpeas. Should I reverse there trends or any ideas in support of it?
>>
You've got gallstones, OP.

Go get yourself checked (at a radiology place) and then consider your options.
>>
>>7835300
RIP
>>
Whole milk only contains 3.5% fat. If this is too fat for you to puke then you should realistically not be able to eat most meats, and a fuckton other dishes.
>>
>>7835664
It's not a death sentence, but there's no way to make them go away.

Well, other than getting the gallbladder removed.

OP needs insurance.
>>
>>7835300
THIS.

I was puking after eating high fat foods for about 2 years, and then I finally ended up in the hospital with acute pancreatitis because gallstones were blocking my bile duct. They did a sonogram, and my gallbladder was riddled with stones. They scheduled my surgery for 2 months later, and until then, I had to stay on a very strict low fat diet.
GO GET CHECKED NOW. You do NOT want to end up in the hospital with pancreatitis, it's the most painful thing I've ever experienced, and I've had abdominal surgery before. Plus, when you have pancreatitis, you're not allowed to eat or drink ANYTHING, even water, you only get an IV. It sucks, I've never been so thirsty or had such a dry mouth in my life.

All that said, the surgery was easy as hell, it's done laparoscopic, So you just get 4 tiny incisions and recovery time is minimal, I felt fine (if a little weak) after only 3 days.
One tip though, since you have no gallbladder afterwards, it's helpful to take a digestive enzyme when you eat, because some foods can still upset your system if you eat too much of them. If I know I'm eating a big meal (like on holidays), or a meal that has a lot meats, or cheese, or anything that is difficult to digest, I take a supplement called "Optimal Digestive System" before I eat, and I don't have any problems. On a daily basis, though, I'm fine, and have no problems.
>>
Different anon here. I have the same problem with high fat foods. My right side hurts all the time, especially after I eat. Do I probably have Gallstones?
>>
>>7835856
Hell yes, you do. Go to the doc, they'll send you for a sonogram for confirmation.
>>
>>7835879
How much roughly will this all be if I have to have surgery? I've had this pain for 5 years but it stopped for a while and this past week has been killing me. I feel light headed and shit.
>>
>>7835891
Do you have insurance? If not, it's going to be ridiculous. I have good insurance, and I paid about $7,000 total for Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, Surgical Center, and testing, etc.

The thing is, you can't just let it go, because you can end up in the hospital having emergency surgery, which will be even more expensive. Also, it sounds like you're developing pancreatitis from the stones blocking your duct, and pancreatitis can be fatal if it gets out of control (your body will go into shock). If you've had the pain for 5 years, and now it's worsening, it's time to get it taken care of before something bad happens. Yeah, medical bill SUCK, but you can make payments on them, that's what I did. Until you get care, eat a VERY low fat diet, and stay away from foods that are hard to digest. Eat chicken breast, ground LEAN turkey, fish, fruits, rice, and easily digestible vegetables.
>>
>>7835933
WAIT, sorry, that was supposed to be *$2,000* dollars, not $7,000. Sorry, that probably scared you.
>>
>>7835933
Yeah no insurance and I don't eat meat. Thanks for the info. I'll make an appointment this week.
>>
Might be a problem with your overall fat intake. I recently went to keto type of diets, high fat and meat, and had a throw up incident early on..

But my body adapted and now I crave fat and have no problem. Check out the diabetes thread.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.