[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of Masaharu Morimoto?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Masaharu-Morimoto-Net-Worth.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
Masaharu-Morimoto-Net-Worth.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
What does /ck/ think of Masaharu Morimoto?
>>
hack
>>
>>7831770
he's a decent chef for japanese-trained and is a solid entrepreneur. i'd work in one of his kitchens based off what i've seen and heard.
>>
>>7831770
I like him. He seems like a cool guy.
>>
File: art2a.jpg (40 KB, 409x310) Image search: [Google]
art2a.jpg
40 KB, 409x310
>>7831770
https://youtu.be/iXp_iaqd00c
he seems pretty nice, at least on camera.

I prefer my niggas chen and hiroyuki when it comes to iron chef though
>>
I wonder if he hates Bobby Flay.
>>
File: morimoto a cute.png (507 KB, 648x627) Image search: [Google]
morimoto a cute.png
507 KB, 648x627
>>7831814
pretty cute desu senpai
>>
>>7831770
He is a maste of his art, but noone can top Nushashi Kanamiki. You can also really see that he loves to work as a cook.
>>
>>7831819
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, to this day, Morimoto still holds a grudge against Flay for standing on the table. I mean, sure, he acts nice on camera with Flay, but still.
>>
>>7831770
Literal who
>>
File: aTrollThatDumbass.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
aTrollThatDumbass.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>7834708
>>
>>7831770
I wish they would dub over his voice with someone that speaks better English but still sounds Japanese and just pretend that's how he actually sounds.
>>
>>7831819
Everyone hates Bobby Flay.
>>
>>7831819
I wonder if he actually makes good food. I've always been unimpressed by him. Seems like he adds roasted corn and poblanos to every dish and claims it's a southwestern take on whatever dish it was supposed to be
>>
>>7831770
Heard he had a really shitty childhood
>>
>>7835661
Yep, talks about in the video >>7831814 linked to.
>>
Ate at his restaurant at Downtown Disney when it first opened up. It was pretty good.
>>
>>7835913
I've been wanting to try that place. I heard morimoto himself is doing a $250/person omakese dinner there.
>>
He's no Rock-you-sub-you-roll Michiba.
>>
>>7835975
Rokusaburo is a badass name
>>
>>7835953
Possibly the first couple of days it was open he did that, but I never heard anything about it and I was there less 2 weeks after it opened. Regardless the food was excellent and will be going back. After completing the golden spoon at Disney.
>>
>>7834701
>a grudge
Most of Iron Chef's drama is contrived.
Flay apologized for it. If Morimoto has a serious, real life chip on his shoulder for a perceived insult then he needs to fuck off.
>>7835524
This, on the other hand, is absolutely true.
>>7835533
Throwdown was a joke of a television show. He had a 1:2 win/loss ratio. That's abysmal.
>>
>>7836906
it was last weekend, not a regular thing.
>>
>>7835517
I fucking hate the dub. His accent may be strong, but it's still perfectly understandable if you take a moment to focus.

Let the dude speak, not some VO monkey.

t. VO monkey
>>
>>7836174
Rokusaburo = Rock USA Bro
>>
>>7836942
It was kind of a bad tv show, but that win/loss ratio of going against a successful restaurateur's dish of choice? That seemed the most authentic part about it. Its like if American Gladiator's final challenge was to go against the guest NFL linebacker in a game of tackle-the-shit-out-of-someone.
>>
>>7837393
I used to watch Iron Chef completely subbed. I was VERY annoyed when the Food Network bought the show and used some of the shittiest voice actors.
>>
>>7836966
Didn't know about that or hear anything about it. We ate at Sanaa last Saturday.
>>
>>7838104

My gripe with the subs was that they only bothered to subtitle about half of what the people were actually saying. There was a ton of dialogue that simply got skipped over.

The dub voices weren't great, but at least they translated 100% of what was being said.

Both had various other problems though:
-99% of the time when they said something was "grilled" they actually meant "roasted in the oven"
-the term "soup" was used interchangeably for an actual finished dish as well as for stock/broth.
>>
He had the coolest uniform.
>>
>>7838351

What's with the goofy grin in that photo? Normally on Iron Chef he looked hard as fuck when "ascending into kitchen stadium"
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.