[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't an adult order an item off the kid's men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: long_john_silver.jpg (27 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
long_john_silver.jpg
27 KB, 337x450
Why can't an adult order an item off the kid's menu at a sit-down restaurant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1exANLDR2dk
>>
>>7831317
>I'M JEWISH

Well that explains it.
>>
>>7831332
>hurr durr we're 2mature4coloring
>proceed to act like children
>>
>>7831317
This manager is amazing. Impressed at his composure.
>>
IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

https://youtu.be/OeeANuTA1gI
>>
>>7831365
You European?

You kind of have to be in the US. Customers like to goad people into lashing out because it gives them a reason to sue.
>>
Because part of the restaurant business strategy is likely selling kids non profitable food for cheap in order to lure in their parents that split an appetizer before their entrees and daddy spends ten bucks on two beers
>>
>>7831587
>daddy spends ten bucks on two beers

that's better than mommy spending 12 bucks on one margarita
>>
Isn't that discrimination? Where is the difference between "I won't sell you that because of your age" and "I won't sell you that because you're a nigger"?
>>
>>7831639
Cause age based discrimination doesn't really count against young kids

What's the difference between I won't let you see that r rated movie cause your 12

And I won't let you see that r rated movie cause your black
>>
>>7831317
jesus this guy uploads a lot of shit
>>
>>7831639
>>7831650
It goes the other way, too. It's like trying to get an over 50 discount when you're 25. The idea with kids meals is they are providing meals "palatable to children" at a low price, and the idea with old folk's pricing is that they've put up with high prices for shit their whole lives, or maybe some kind of goodwill towards old farts. The guy who did this video is an asshole.
>>
>>7831782
Well what if I fucking DIE?
>>
>>7831782
what if it's an agreed upon social convention to not serve fucking niggers
>>
>>7831650
>>7831650
>>7831715
Under the Age Discrimination Act, age is only a protected class over 40 and only in the case of employment. This is why senior discounts and apartments that only rent to old people are legal. If a restaurant wanted to have a menu you can only order from if you're old enough to run for president, it would be perfectly legal.
>>
>>7831317
I would argue he should be allowed to order off the kids menu since he has the social skills of a 7 year old. Take away his driver's license and legal ability to sign contracts, and let him eat all the alfredo noodles covered in shit loads of parmesan that he wants.
>>
>>7831317
As a restaurant manager myself, this guy should've just given up the ghost on the first shot. Wasting that much time from arguing to dealing with the cops, he could've been out taking care of his other customers.

He seems like an inexperienced manager though, if I saw these guys who wanted to act and eat like kids recording footage in my place, I would've kicked them out. What a waste of human effort.
>>
>act like a complete asshole
>still eat the obvious shitbait food

>third of the price for third of the food

am i the only one who thinks this?
>>
>>7832137
spit bait even
>>
As a womanlet I would love to order off kids menus. Perfect portion sizes. Even when a place has half size meals (which is RARE) they're still 2/3 the price. Restaurants are so misogynistic and diet-phobic, they don't serve meals in portions suitable for REAL WOMEN. Instead they FORCE us to order 2-3x the food we could ever even eat in one sitting and charge more. It's sizeist. They're fatnormative establishments.
>>
File: fuck the fridge.gif (371 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
fuck the fridge.gif
371 KB, 250x190
>>7832246
bitch real women have curves, stop fucking enabling the image that we all have to be petite and hang off the arm of a man.
>>
>>7832246
Global rule 3.
GLOBAL RULE 3.
>>
>>7831791
you will
>>
>>7832273

Real women are petite and moe. Anything over 140 lbs is a cow. Not human--bovine, suidae, barn animal, COW.

I deserve to be treated with respect and offered portions fitting for my stature. Kids menu rights for womanlets nao.

>>7832279

I'm on /ck/, I'm pretty much in my natural habitat. I'm even posting this from the literal kitchen in my apartment.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6 KB, 301x167
>>7832296
SOMEONE SHOOT IT BEFORE IT EATS ALL OF US
>>
>>7831639
It's perfectly legal to not sell to someone based on race. It's just such an unpopular move that you'll lose all your other business too.
>>
>>7832246
>buy regular meal
>have leftovers
???
>>
File: nmzuluKSkq1u2hp4oo1_1280.jpg (37 KB, 610x443) Image search: [Google]
nmzuluKSkq1u2hp4oo1_1280.jpg
37 KB, 610x443
>>7832404

I'm not always heading home after, and I would still be forced into buying twice as much food as I wanted because of fatnormative sizeist food standards.
>>
Why can't people wear whatever they want to a restaurant?

What's the deal with formal dress codes? If I'm paying for the food, why does it matter if I'm wearing a shirt and jeans?
>>
Disappointed that he didn't refer to muh constitution quite frankly.
>>
>>7831340

I don't think he's actually religious.
>>
>>7832296
that is such a cute pic

if you continue to shitpost please dump more cute animes
>>
>>7831592
Yes, spending more money IS worse than spending slightly less money. Good thinking, tex.
>>
>>7831317
He deleted the video?
>>
>>7835288

Yes.

Video summary:

>guy is sitting in restaurant with a friend and his girlfriend
>opens up with guy asking waiter if they can make an exception and allow him to order off kid's menu
>waiter says they can't do that and ask if he would like to see the manager
>manager shows up and explains that they don't allow adults to order off kid's menu unless they are elderly or have a medical condition
>guy says his medical condition is that he gets ill if he spends a lot of money
>manager lets him order from kid's menu
>guy is handed a coloring activity sheet and proceeds to color while waiting for his food
>his food arrives and he pours half a bottle of Parmesan cheese all over his pasta
>when the bill arrives guy sees that he will have to pay adult prices for the drinks
>manager explains that when an adult orders off the kid's menu, they are given adult sized drinks instead of kid sized drinks
>guy refuses to pay since manager didn't explain the drink policy beforehand
>manager gets police involved
>police say they'll arrest the guy if he refuses to pay $2.25
>guy says he'll pay and pays with a $100 bill
>after he gets his change he asks for a receipt
>>
>>7835363
you're an angel
>>
>>7835288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqxDY2_gySo

i'm guessing this is it
>>
>>7835433

he re-uploaded it for some reason
>>
>>7835363
>he missed his chance to announce his autism
pitiful
>>
rules are made to be broken 8-)
>>
>>7833656
You absolutely can. It not supposed to be legal but places do it and get away with it despite loads of public backlash. Google gary's chicaros
>>
>>7835526

like buildings..... or people! >:)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.