[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_5201.jpg (76 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5201.jpg
76 KB, 640x427
why?
>>
>>7829459
because it tastes really good on lots of stuff
>>
>>7829459
You need your B vitamins, don't you?
>>
>>7829459
Do people Bragg about using this shit?
>>
So you can bragg about it.
>>
File: 1461374928977.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461374928977.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>7829509
>>7829510
>>
My mom put that stuff on her popcorn with butter
>>
File: ranchme.png (871 KB, 1280x662) Image search: [Google]
ranchme.png
871 KB, 1280x662
>>7829459
>not munching on some 'corn seasoned with the nootch'
>>
>>7829631
>nooch

this bothers me for some reason
>>
A friend of mine is a conspiracy theorist with flaky leanings. He was making a meal and started shaking something into it. I asked what it was and he said "nutritional yeast". He said it was great for you and made food taste really good.

Knowing what he thought of MSG, I proceeded to explain to him and his flake girlfriend why yeast makes things taste so savory. It was hilarious watching them squirm and stutter.
>>
>>7829713
Why does yeast make things savoury?
>>
>>7829722
Glutamic acid
>>
>>7829459

If you're vegan, or simply can't have cheese for whatever reason, you can make faux cheese out of this stuff. It's not something you can really compare to real cheese, but it's good in its own way.
>>
fuck off

>>>/b/
>>
wife uses it as an aid for lactation. i had always assumed it was because of its purines but now i've got to wiki glutamic acid.
>>
File: cat.jpg (7 KB, 251x183) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
7 KB, 251x183
>>7829459
At first, I thought that was a pic of their vinegar, which I use every single day, and I was like "wtf?".
But THEN, I saw it.
I fucking hate, hate, hate, nutritional yeast. It DOES NOT taste like cheese, it tastes like shit. The only time you should ever eat nutritional yeast is if you're pregnant.
>>
File: BRA-00016-2.jpg (198 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
BRA-00016-2.jpg
198 KB, 1600x1600
this stuff is the tits too
>>
we should just all meet up for a 4chan dinner party. last win to leave alive at the end of the night wins! (bring your own fucked up seasoning and meats)
>>
>>7829459
isnt this a vegan cheese substitute? its pretty bad honestly
>>
>>7830439
soy sauce is streets better
>>
>>7829459

It's sort of like parmesan cheese. I put it on popcorn (bonus: 8g protein per tablespoon!), or into white sauce, on steamed broccoli, on pizza, etc
>>
>>7830468

Not a cheese substitute per se (most home-made cheese substitutes use things like cashew cream, coconut oil, tapioca starch, kappa carageenan, etc) but rather a topping that you can use similarly to parmesan cheese.

I certainly wouldn't eat it on it's own, but it's pretty good on pizza/popcorn, or in a sauce to add an extra bit of umami and protein.
>>
>>7832566
Does it really taste like parmesan?
>>
I like the Bragg line. Though I use plain brewers yeast, which I'm assuming is the same this as this nutritional yeast that you speak of. Lol of course it's nutritional. And being pregnant isn't to only time to use it. It's great for your digestive system. Also there's nothing wrong with MSG! Who doesn't like a sprinkle of it here and there?
>>
>>7832579

Not exactly, though it is sort of cheesy/nutty/salty/savory like parmesan. I'd say it's better than pic related - but it's definitely not a substitute for an aged block of Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated. It has it's uses both as a topping (pizza/popcorn) and as an element in sauce or other recipes.
>>
>>7832588

The difference is Bragg's nutritional yeast is fortified with b vitamins and a few other things.
>>
>>7832351
bragg aminoes btfo of all soy sauces
fite me irl
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.