[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people like black licorice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Venco-Katjes.jpg (19 KB, 291x400) Image search: [Google]
Venco-Katjes.jpg
19 KB, 291x400
if you like black licorice please explain what about it you like
>>
>>7827980
I didn't like it until I was older
>>
>>7827980
I like it. I can't explain why, it just tastes really good to me. The stronger and saltier the better. Salmiak is the greatest thing ever.
>>
It's got that same kind of twang that root beer, sassafrass, horehound, etc. have. It's a love it or hate it thing. I find it delicious. I was the kid who everybody gave their black jellybeans to.
>>
>>7828066

Previous poster here. To me they taste nothing alike. I don't like root beer at all. but I fucking love black licorice.
>>
If you don't like black licorice then you don't like licorice.

The "black" part is only there to distinguish it from strawberry flavored candies that a couple companies sell in the same shape as their original licorice products.
>>
>>7828075
Well, it's not that they taste the same, it's just that root kinda herby quality to it? Not sure how to put it into words.
>>
>>7828082
It stings almost.
>>
>>7828101
Yeah, like reminiscent of spicy but not actually spicy at all.
>>
>>7827980
I used to hate licorice, but after dieting for a year my tastes have changed wildly, tried some licorice the other day, and love it (Could also be that I was an alcohol and drained a bottle of cheap absinthe, because reasons). Sucks for my diet though.
>>
>>7827980
Because I like Dr. Pepper.
>>
>>7828113
it's not that bad, I have a bag of those licorice cats and they are 35 calories for 4.
>>
>>7828127
They aren't too bad, but I'm trying to stay away from most sugar, hadn't had any candy in 14 or 15 months. I can abstain, but I do have a tendency to be overindulgent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.