[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that Guy Fieri is destined to become a tyrant-king
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 04861.gif (96 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
04861.gif
96 KB, 650x450
Friendly reminder that Guy Fieri is destined to become a tyrant-king of humankind and commit genocide on a scale never before seen.

Therefore we should discuss his restaurants and frozen food as to appease his fury.
>>
>>7827465
He's the mayor of flavour town so who cares.
>>
>>7827465
I hear he makes a mean grubsauce.
>>
Can't wait
>>
>>7827465

>Guy Fieri is destined to become

Does he even still have a career aside from his few mediocre restaurants?
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
>>7828453

>he's probably doing better than any of us
>>
File: look-at-this-shit.jpg (251 KB, 1148x635) Image search: [Google]
look-at-this-shit.jpg
251 KB, 1148x635
all hail our triumphant godking
>>
I swear an oath to flavortown, I will help lead the untermensch into the euthanization chambers in the game of Guy Fieri
>>
>>7827465
He's okay when he's not trying too hard to be funny/wacky/entertaining.

I was watching one episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives in which he was eating an apple pie made with grapes. I think it was an upscale place, so he tried to give a comment that would fit that wasn't "slam jam that ham senpai thank you ma'am my favorite band is wham!".

He said he enjoyed the "effervescence" of the grapes in an apple pie, and the guy who made it was just like "okay."

And in another episode he took a huge bite of a chicken sandwich for the camera, made in another upscale place. The guy who made the sandwich actually recoiled at the sight of this, and you could tell he wasn't happy.

I felt bad because earlier Guy said something that actually made me chuckle. It makes me wonder if he knows he acts like a tool most of the time, and feels bad about it.

Like, a lot of comedians have severe depression and they use their comedy as a way to cope. Maybe Guy Fieri goes home and gets drunk after an episode, begging for someone to help him. He wants to provide for his family and he's doing a good job of that but it's destroying his soul, like hair dye and excessive tanning is destroying his hair and skin.
>>
literally who?
>>
>>7827465
I hated him until I came to /ck/, now I think he's hilarious
>>
>>7827465

Basically, guy fieris douchebag appearance was designed so he could win next food network star, which he did. If playing a character like that would get you a lucrative career, wouldn't you do that? Prior to that he was a relatively successful restauranteur, which is not an easy task--he started Johnny Garlic's with very little startup capital (I think 100k?) and ended up turning it into a chain. The dude's got hustle, and if the world respects terminally uncool hustlers why can't they respect guy fieri?

Now take his show: a lot of food network shows focus around places that aren't necessarily accessible to your common man. Instead of focusing on exotic locales or high end gourmet places, guy focuses on American food that's within the reach of Americans.

I ran the numbers too. DDD is food network's top rated show among most of (what I can guess are) their key demos. People say they want smart cooking shows but surprise surprise people are full of shit.

His follow up show guys grocery games is about getting families to cook together using ingredients that are accessible to your average American consumer. How can you hate on that?

His restaurants aren't necessarily terrible in concept. He takes clasic American food and gives it a spin and a schticky name. Conceptually (the suff he does) it's actually a cool concept--exposing middle America to maybe new flavors they wouldn't otherwise experience The mediocre review was more about the shitty logistical failures of the staff, but how much of that is guy's fault really?

Lastly, he's an Oakland Raiders fan which is awe some
>>
>>7828752

I now have infinitely more respect for him
>>
>>7828752

gonna need a source on that but lol
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.