[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food Cart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
Hey /ck/. I have a pretty good recipe for sweet potato pie. I can make the pies for very low cost (I even get my sweet potatoes for free from the local farm) and I'm thinking about starting to sell them around the neighborhood in a food cart along with iced earl grey tea. Nothing fancy.

Do you think this is a dumb idea? Any advice or ideas?
>>
>>7825620
stop stealing my potatoes
>>
For real does anyone have any input? I want to sell pies for $5-7 and I'd like to sell at least 7 pies/ day. Cost per pie not counting labor is about $.50, and I found a place I can buy bulk Earl Grey for cheap.

No bully.. These are my starting stats. Just something fun to do on the side.
>>
If you're really interested in this, you'll need a license in order to sell food. I thought about selling homemade baked goods in the past but the process is more complicated than it might look.
>>
>>7826118
No. I was waiting for a reply about this. If that's the case I'm going to run by donations. If you run by donations, then you don't need any tax and health code shit. This is supposed to be a fun thing. I am trying to raise money because my bike was stolen and to pay for my college textbooks.
>>
>>7826135
Lmao get a job
>>
>>7826135
So you're not even selling pies then. You're giving out pies, and hoping people will give you money?

Good luck with that.
>>
>>7826141
I have a job, I want to try something fun. These pies are so easy to make and so delicious.
>>
If you enjoy baking I'd say go for it, but if you rely on donations you might not even make cost of ingredients back, even at fifty cents per pie. If your priority is cash I'd look for a second job but baking and giving out food could be a nice hobby. Also, where do you plan on giving these out? To friends, teachers, neighbors, etc. would work but I don't think many people would accept a free homemade pie from a stranger. If you were a pretty girl or young child maybe that's work but most people who did take a free pie from a college aged dude would do so out of courtesy and probably pitch it.

btw, wanna post that recipe? I love me a good sweet potato pie.
>>
>>7826460
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/63971/sweet-potato-pie-from-eagle-brand/

I live in the South, people here love to eat and they love a good story. I'm not going to try and force these off on people.. I'm going to bake a bunch of 5'' pies and brew some tea and sell them a certain way.

I also add a few spices to that recipe like cardamom and good vanilla. It's delicious.
>>
>>7826153
If it's in a neighborhood you'd be surprised
Not everyone is a heartless bastard
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.