[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else getting sick of this combo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: onongarlic.jpg (222 KB, 1500x973) Image search: [Google]
onongarlic.jpg
222 KB, 1500x973
Anyone else getting sick of this combo?
>>
>>7813404
>getting sick of the holy combo
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>7813404
no
>>
>>7813410
It's everywhere man...I'm getting tired of using it all the time.
>>
This is a bait thread. It has to be.
>>
Lately after I eat dinner every night my face becomes very flushed and swollen. Dinner is the only time I eat onions and garlic, and I use them every night. They are inflammatory foods. Reckon I'm allergic?
>>
>>7813413
Then cook without it. There are cuisines that don't utilise this combo. Not many, but they exist.
>>
>>7813426
Garlic is widely accepted as an anti inflammatory
>>
>>7813430
Hare Krishna hippies dont, I guess.
>>
>>7813404
No. Never.

>>7813426
Idk, maybe you're allergic to the allium family. But but onion and garlic are widely accepted as anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and generally healthy as fuck for you.
>>
>>7813404
no
>>
I think the problem is you get used to it, and you don't realize what taste it's actually adding to the food.

For example, I use exclusively olive oil for everything, then one time I used some shit like sunflower, and it was a whole other world.
>>
Stirr the onion on butter until almost golden, than add sliced garlic until golden. Take this and pour it over spaghetti, add some soy sauce.
THE GOAT WAY TO MAKE SPAGHETTI EVERYONE
>>
>>7813542
won't garlic burn since it takes much longer for onions to brown?
>>
>>7813561
no. the trick is to stirr it just a bit so it softens but doesn't go sour
>>
sometimes i do cook with only onion, gives a slightly more 'musty' taste to my dishes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.