[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bar Rescue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wastemoney1280420.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wastemoney1280420.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
Do you guys like this show? How does it compare to Kitchen Nightmares?

I just watched episode 1 of season 2 last night, the one where they turn Piratz Tavern into Corporate Bar & Grill.

So I do believe this guy has good practices and knows his shit, and it is obvious why that bar was losing money, but did he really think that making a corporate themed bar was a good idea? What the fuck? Why would people want to leave their office to go to an office themed bar. That's just fucking idiotic and a terrible marketing strategy.
>>
Half the fun of the show is seeing his over the top reactions to shit.

Also

http://internet.gawker.com/i-interrupted-anime-twitter-cybersex-roleplay-as-bar-re-1694251707
>>
>>7811615
I think his reasoning was that corporate people would feel more comfortable. It wasn't really corporate themed if I remember correctly. He just made it into a business casual place. The name change was to signal people that they weren't a retarded pirate bar anymore. Anyways it was much better than that cringe bar with those cringe waiters playing dress up and that stupid disgusting pirate drink
>>
>>7811615
I don't watch that show, but that sounds like an AMAZINGLY STUPID idea. I don't know anyone, ANYONE who would want to go to an office themed bar. Just thinking about that makes me cringe. That place will be going under shortly. That's not even on trend, that's not even AHEAD of the trend, it's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>7811637
I was reading an article about the place, which is closed now. No surprise there. It was one of those situations where as soon as he left, they went back to the pirate theme.

That being said, apparently there were complaints from people before the switch back who said they didn't like feeling like they were going from one office to another. There were a bunch of office themed decor things like meeting post its on every table, etc.

Also just found this:
http://k23detectives.com/2012/09/23/piratz-tavern-bar-resue/
>>
The signage/branding he changes to is almost universally shit for some reason. It always looks cheap.

He tries too hard to be another Gordon Ramsay. The show is occasionally amusing because of the clueless idiots running the bars. But the product placement and faggot cocktails are grating.
>>
If you replaced him with a tyrannosaurus it would still be the same show
>>
It wasn't an office themed bar. It was supposed to come off as an upscale feeling place where corporate elites would go for lunch or a drink after work.
>>
>>7812005
Apparently that vision didn't really come across effectively.
>>
>>7811615
>but did he really think that making a corporate themed bar was a good idea? What the fuck? Why would people want to leave their office to go to an office themed bar. That's just fucking idiotic and a terrible marketing strategy.
FUCKING THANK YOU

Fucking hell everyone I've talked to about that episode was saying how cool it would've been and how stupid the bar people were being. None of them work in an office of course. I asked them if they would watch the Food Channel or something similar after they eat and most of them said yes.
>>
Like all reality shows, it sucks after you read up on it and realize pretty much everything is fake and pre arranged, and John's asshole rants toward pissed off owners are only for tv
>>
>>7812370
Yeah, after watching episode 2 in season 2, i'm starting to remember why i stopped watching in the first place.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.