[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burger recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 20160106_195511.jpg (997 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160106_195511.jpg
997 KB, 2560x1440
Hey /ck/ I'm going to make burgers tommarrow, but I'm scared I'll fuck it up.

Please help.
>>
http://m.imgur.com/a/hC8Ee?gallery
>>
>>7809380
I....I don't understand. How can you fuck up making burgers? They're like one of the easiest things to make.
Tell us more. Are you worried about the burger patty itself? Are you undecided about toppings? What exactly are you worried about?
>>
File: 20151227_143858.jpg (942 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151227_143858.jpg
942 KB, 2560x1440
>>7809396
Prepping the patty, and cookin it mainly.
>>
>>7809424
Get meat
Roll into ball
Squash into patty
Grill until cooked
Anything else is just extra according to your tastes.
>>
File: received_1198323866865385.gif (418 KB, 248x300) Image search: [Google]
received_1198323866865385.gif
418 KB, 248x300
>>7809451
Are you sure anon?

I heard people put egg n it and stuff like garlic and other spices preparing the patty.
>>
>>7809467
Well yeah... Egg will hold it together better, though unnecessary. Bread crumbs will give it a lighter texture, and spices are a matter of taste. I would suggest rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and a hint of chili powder.

I wouldn't really consider it fucked up though even if you made it plain.
>>
>>7809467
You really don't need the egg unless you're putting bread crumbs in, and you really don't need bread crumbs. If you want to go super simple then use ground beef in 80/20ish, roll up into loose balls (without working them too much) and squish into med-high pan with a good salting and peppering on top. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until they are nicely coloured, longer for particularly thick patties.
>>
>>7809467
You dont wanna put eggs or breadcrumbs in, that's just for britfags who don't know how to cook
>>
>>7809467
As far as preparing the meat goes, I suggest the following:

Two teaspoons of salt, pepper, onion power, and garlic powder each per pound of meat, then a healthy helping of Worcestershire sauce all over it. I like to drown the meat in it, but your mileage may vary. As for the meat itself, most recommend 80/20 fat, although 90/10 can work very well if you don't want your patty greasy, but you have to be more careful as it's very easy to overcook it.
>>
I like to experiment with different stuff in my burgers. I've done stuff with French onion soup mix, garlic and onions, basic stuff mostly.

Recently I was making burgers and wanted to try something totally different so i put curry powder and medium salsa in the beef and mixed it all together. Made patties and fried them on the stove. They were amazing! The curry gave it a hint of sweetness and the salsa pretty much provided some little tomato and green pepper chunks. I was really surprised and I think I'll do it again. If there's any interest here I may come back and post a better recipe with measurements and whatnot.

>My friend called then unicorn burgers cuz he figures thats what unicorn would taste like lol
>>
holy fuck don't listen to any of these people. These are the rules you need to follow

>Don't add anything to your meat, just gently shape it into a patty.
>Try and find something in your kitchen to use as an impromptu patty mold. Molds will be easier on the meat than shaping by hand.
> Work your meat as little as possible
> To get the best quality meat you can, try buying a couple pounds of whole chuck and grinding it yourself. Commercial ground beef can have several different cuts from several different cows in one package. It's not how you get quality
> I'm assuming you don't have a grill. Just get a pan (not a non-stick pan though) smoking hot over high heat with some canola oil to coat the bottom. While it's heating, season your patties with plenty of salt and as much pepper as you like. Lay down the patties when the oil is hot. Don't overcrowd you pan. Gently flip that patty every 15 seconds or so until you get a nice crust and your desired doneness which should be a nice medium rare
>>
>>7809755
Wtf on this last part flip once niggas
>>
>>7809797
The more you flip, the more evenly it cooks.
>>
>>7809801
Not true at all. Flip once after a few minutes, depending on Size of pattie
>>
>>7809380
mix in chopped white onions with the meat along with a little salt and cayenne pepper
>>
>>7809380
my goto burger mix is

ginger
honey
garlic
pepper
1/4 egg per patty
small amount of soy sauce

they are called honey ginger burgers and you will never have anything better.
>>
>>7809755
>>7809797
>>7809801
>>7809865
Came here to post these. Don't trust pre ground mince/chuck. It can literally be anything.
>>
>>7809755
not op

I'm making a turkey burger tomorrow. Same shit right?
>>
When I cook burgers on a grill, I usually put the patty down and season it there. After a while I'll start to see blood come up on that side, that's when I flip. I season again and follow through once, maybe twice more. Just my method, it puts out decent burgers most of the time. But the grill I use is a charcoal grill to, with the coals not on fire but real hot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.