[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're given >a sturgeon >expired pringles >and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: chopped[1].jpg (162 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
chopped[1].jpg
162 KB, 720x540
You're given
>a sturgeon
>expired pringles
>and toothpaste

You have 30 minutes.

How do they make something palatable with three random ingredients. I have a hard time incorporating spice without screwing everything up.
>>
They're professional chefs, not a home cook that fucks around with the spice drawer.

Also, toothpaste isn't fucking edible by the most standards. I also haven't seem them become cruel enough to make the chefs use sturgeon yet. Then again, I have seen them pull out things that most professional chefs aren't familiar with.
>>
>>7806163
Yeah but how do they remember all the ingredients and measurements? I make brownies from a box and I still have to look at the ingredients to make sure I do it right.
>>
>>7806180

That's your problem man.

The people competing on there (unless it's an amateur episode which has only happened once that I'm aware of) are professional chefs that have been to culinary school and worked under practiced chefs. They don't invite people like you to appear on the show. It's not much of a show if they're always serving the judges an inedible pile of crap.
>>
>>7806153
they get four you complete buffoon
>>
>>7806180

Also baking=/=cooking.

Cooking is art, baking is science- for craftsmen mostly. That's why really good chefs often trip over their own feet at the dessert round in chopped. Baking is something most chefs have a lot of trouble with because it's a very small number of people that go to culinary school to be a pastry chef.
>>
>>7806163
>I also haven't seem them become cruel enough to make the chefs use sturgeon yet

Cook it like catfish bro
>>
Tiny slivers of toothpaste on a filet, less than a quarter of a pea for each sliver, rub them in after you've measured them out a bit, crush the pringles, coat on top of the filet afterwards, deep fry.
Serve with a side of durian.
>>
I place all the ingredients on the table

Sharpen my knife

Take a deep breathe

Close my eyes

And start fucking swinging at those pretentious fuckheads
>>
>it's a someone is using the ice cream maker in the dessert round episode
oh boy
>>
>>7806287
Why is this bad?
>>
>>7806277

If you're not speaking figuratively I think that would be the most morbidly humorous episode of chopped ever.

Why hasn't a cartoon show fucked with it in this way?
>>
>>7806295
Because it comes out fucked up 90% of the time. You can make a fucking bingo game out of it
>>
>>7806295

The ingredients they're using are usually too hot for the time they have and there's only one ice cream maker (something that has driven me nuts in a lot of dessert rounds). I mean, if they're both thinking about making ice-cream then why in the fuck is there only one ice cream maker?
>>
>>7806295
you live or die by the ice cream machine. if you don't get it right (which most don't) you've basically forfeited your chance to win. Most people who make a good ice cream win though.
>>
>>7806303
>>7806301
I remember the first episode where someone used the ice cream machine and all the judges freaked out and now everyone knows that if you do that you'll win which makes it even more frustrating theres only one
>>
>>7806301

To add- Liquid nitrogen is a godsend in that round if you know how to use it in the mixer. The other person is sitting there dying because they don't know why the maker isn't spitting out their ice cream.
>>
>>7806312

Rather, if the opponent doesn't know how to use liquid nitrogen in the mixer.
>>
Anyone else pick up on any patterns a lot of contestants follow?

>any grain gets repurposed into a crust
>fruits usually end up integrated into a sauce

Stuff like that. It's always fun when you notice it.
>>
>>7806211
I'd like that show better desu
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.