[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching episodes of The Layover, and I just saw this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: square_pie.jpg (433 KB, 1000x610) Image search: [Google]
square_pie.jpg
433 KB, 1000x610
I'm watching episodes of The Layover, and I just saw this meal on the London episode.

They (Square Pie) do these squarish pies (imagine that!) with two scoops of mashed potatoes, peas, and gravy.

I'm American, and god damn, that looks like some top-tier working class food. I'd eat this regularly if it were available in my city. Savory pies deserve more than just a spot in the frozen food aisle.

Anybody browsing who has been there? Share with us.
>>
Savory square and round pies like that are everywhere in straya' also. Bakeries do awesome vareties, favourite is the ned kelly - Gravy, mince, an egg, bacon and cheese on top. God tier.
>>
>>7798418
Fuck yeah, Australian savoury pies are the best. Never had an English pie, but from my understanding they tend to be much thicker/stodgier in their filings - not to say they aren't delicious
>>
>>7798395
Why would they pour a whole bunch of gravy into a cardboard box?
>>
File: 1452819335934.jpg (35 KB, 563x552) Image search: [Google]
1452819335934.jpg
35 KB, 563x552
>>7798395
>Mushy peas.
>>
i've had square pies a few times at festivals and shit.

they're really boring
>>
They taste like like warm congealed gravy with awful pastry and are nearly always overpriced compared to anything else in London within a 2mi walk.

Worst pie I have ever eaten outside of a football ground or fully tinned
>>
>>7798395
the peas completely ruin it. looks like vegan vomit.
>>
>>7798395
itt an american who has never heard of a chicken pot pie
>>
>>7799593
itt a poster who cannot tell the difference between pasty and a pot
>>
>>7799593
It's right there in the OP.
>Savory pies deserve more than just a spot in the frozen food aisle.
>>
I haven't been to the Square Pie but pie and mash is quite common everywhere. I recently moved to the East End which is known for pie, mash and liquor.

As for how it tastes, it depends what you like and what you get. You can get different fillings, from minced meat to good chunks of meat, and you can get lamb or beef and they can be spiced in different ways.

The quality of pastry obviously depends on where you go, and that goes for the gravy and mash as well.

I personally like liquor because it lightens the meal, and it's quite a rich meal.
>>
>>7799471
mushy peas are god tier
>>
>>7798395
>no liquor
What a fucking joke.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.