[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that summer is here all the best fruits are back in season.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160619_135032.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_135032.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Now that summer is here all the best fruits are back in season.

What is your favorite fruit salad recipe? Dressings, yay or nay?

I think Cavendish bananas are a terrible addition.
>>
>>7796560
Fruit Salad Recipe
>buncha fruit, chopped up
>yogurt
>little mint

Mix it all up, son.

Cavendish bananas are for smoothies or sandwiches, not fruit salads.
>>
>>7796560
Aren't persimmons a winter fruit?
>>
Oriental grocer near me has dark purple dragon fruit and they are just pure sugar. For years I kept trying the white ones and wondering why anyone gave enough of a shit to cultivate such a bland fruit. Handy rhyme: go non-white, dark is right.
>>
>cachi
>summer fruit
Nigga, they're an autumn fruit. Th'ain't ready till the ass-end of summer at the earliest.

As for fruit salad, whatever in-season fruit there is, tossed with just a bit of sugar and a splash each of vermouth and orange juice. Allow to macerate in the fridge for several hours before serving. I don't add bananas to mine. My usuals, because Macedonian (as fruit salad is known here) is a summer food, are various sorts of melon, strawberries, peaches/nectarines, apples/pears and large, thin-skinned, seedless muscats and/or grapes.
I've also added kiwifruits, prickly pears, nespole/medlar/mousmoulo and others. Again: it depends what the fruit guy has, but it's nearly always a base of two-to-three melons, usually watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew, strawberries and large, seedless muscats/grapes.
>>
>>7796608
Nope. My neighbors persimmon tree is producing fruit right now too

I finally found lychee in my local Asian grocer. I wait all year for this
>>
>>7797108
Hrm must be a different variety, in Japan the grocery stores are full of apples and persimmons in winter. Apples are around year round, although not as good, but I never see persimmons any other time of the year
>>
>>7796560
fruits aren't in season till late august breh
>>
>>7797108
Wait until you try them tree ripe from a good plant. You'll go crazy. In high school my friend and I raided a 30 foot lychee tree and took home a garbage bag full of the sweetest, crispest bright red lychees I've ever had. Most store stock is almost inedible in comparison.
>>
>>7796560
Every fucking fresh fruit you want, and ice cold white wine, somethiing like a sancerre.
>>
>>7797126
I think there's a couple different varieties. The japanese ones are called Fuyu and are much larger, the small ones are labelled sharon fruit and come from Spain

>>7797145
donut peaches are available NOW
im looking forward to the return of cotton candy grapes myself

>>7796994
what do you do with all the liquid that comes out of the melons?

>>7796573
>yogurt
never heard of that one, will try it
>>
>>7796966

you like your women like you like your dragon fruit?
>>
>>7798233
Nice
>>
Olive oil and zest.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.