[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey cu/ck/olds, do you make your own mayo or do you buy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mayonesa.jpg (5 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
mayonesa.jpg
5 KB, 257x196
Hey cu/ck/olds, do you make your own mayo or do you buy it?
>>
I usually buy it. I have made it many times in the past, but I won't unless I'm making a huge mayo-based salad, like American potato salad or something.
>>
Neither, mayo is gross desu
>>
>>7791770
buy it 9/10 times.

I never use a full yolk's worth of mayonnaise.
>>
> make homemade mayo
> pretty good, use a tablespoon or two for sandwiches, then the next day decide to google how long it keeps
> 1 week

never again
>>
Just scrape it off of your mom's face, that's my own mayo.
>>
some things just aren't worth doing homemade.
>>
>>7791770
i steal it from mcdonalds, i go there monday morning every week and order one of those egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches and ask gor like 6 packages, i sit down to eat and keep going to the counter asking for 4 more packages every half an hour until i feel confident i have enough
>>
>>7791859
1 week? Why?
>>
>>7792468
probably something to do with enzymes or the raw yolk desu. if you're feeling modernist you can order egg yolk power to skirt that issue.
>>
>>7791770
mayo is done in literally 1 minute at home, and is a million times better than storebought.

juice of half lemon, tablespoon water, teaspoon mustard, 1 yolk
put immersion blender in and mix
keep blending while slowl adding cup of canola oil

it doesnt last long but its so easy/cheap and so much better than storebought that you are a literal pleb if you buy it
>>
File: 1383993583451.jpg (16 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1383993583451.jpg
16 KB, 350x350
>>7791770
>mayo
triggered
>>
>>7791770
If I need a specific flavor of mayo I make it myself. If I'm making a burger and want garlic bacon mayo on it I'd rather know my garlic and bacon are fresh.

Any other basic mayo needs though in day to day life are store brought. While I wouldn't say it's necessary, knowing how to make it can come in handy in situations where you want more control over the finished product.
>>
>>7792003
he he benis jok lel wew
>>
>>7793046
But you have to clean the entire mixer and shit
That's the worst part, otherwise I'd do it at home always
>>
Make my own when I have a fresh egg straight from a healthy non-farm raised chicken
>>
>>7793450
scrubbing over the head of your immersionblender once? yeah that should deter you from doing it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.