[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 18
File: QTDDTOT.jpg (533 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.jpg
533 KB, 880x880
I didn't see one in the catalog.

Does anyone know where to buy can shaped molds for gelatin? I've seen bottles and ice trays for bottle but never to scale can halves. And I tried searching google for various terms and nothing.
>>
Yeah you didn't see one in the catalog because although we're a bunch of alcoholic, fast-food addicted, australian-tier shitposters, at least we have enough pride not to encourage QTDDTOT threads which are the hallmark of a shit board

If these become a thing here I'm leaving for good, like seriously all we need at that point is for Sieg to start posting here regularly
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 475x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 475x400
>>7778725
How do I make 'de 'ga 'za?
>>
Because they totally were never made before

https://warosu.org/ck/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=qtddtot&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
Does anyone have ideas for vegan stuff to deep fry? I've made fried pickles, onion rings, sweet potato fries and fried oreo, and I'm gonna be doing some tempura veggies.

Any other ideas? Thanks
>>
>>7778720
What the fuck is 'go' "za'?
>>
>>7778761
>oreo
>vegan
>>
God sqt threads are fucking shit, they ruin boards. This isnt what 4chan is meant to be for, if you need to ask these retarded questions go to something like reddit or google.
>>
>>7778763
chicaGO pizZA. It's the latest, epic new meme my newfag friend.
>>
>>7778763

A byword on /ck/ for the horseshaped dildos from Bad Dragon that the poster sodomizes themself with.
>>
>>7778952
It is, the cream has no milk
>>
>>7778966
Oh yes /ck/ has gotten so horrible since these threads have been implemented, let's just ignore all the autism fast food and pizza shitposting pls pay attention to me

Here's your (You)
>>
>>7778720
When I make fries they always end up soggy after few minutes. How to stop this? Should I blanche, double fry them or what?
>>
is it really worth getting $100+ knives or would it be better getting a good quality sharpener? any particular recommendations? Thanks
>>
>>7779564
double fry, let em sit for a bit after the first fry then throw throw em back in
>>
>>7778982
the filling and cookie is made with confectioners sugar which is made from refined cane sugar which is filtered using bone ash, good job murderer
>>
>>7779564
>double fry them or what?

Ideally, yes.

Also, put them on a RACK once they come out of the fryer, not onto a solid plate. You want air to be able to circulate around them otherwise the steam from the hot food will make them soggy when trapped against a solid surface.
>>
>>7779573
Yea it is worth it. Depends on the knife makers though. Expensive knives are going to have higher quality metal that will hold an edge longer and won't chip as easy.
>>
why is she so fucking useless
>>
>>7779884
thats not necessarily true, the angle of the sharpen determines the strength of the edge for the most part.
>>
>>7779573
I wouldn't buy a decent knife without buying a decent sharpener as well. That's unless you're willing to pay to have it sharpened for you regularly. A dull quality knife won't do you any better than a dull cheap knife.
>>
Should I eat bones?
>>
What's a good spice to use in a ground turkey casserole dish?
>>
File: 1414976440743.jpg (164 KB, 486x499) Image search: [Google]
1414976440743.jpg
164 KB, 486x499
if you have some eggs that go bad tomorrow and you use them to bake a cake then does that mean the cake goes bad tomorrow?
i'm asking if the cake is a separate entity after its done cooking or is the cake a sum of its parts.
>>
>>7780758
cake is heated to a temperature that it kills bacteria within it so its fine.
>>
>>7780758
The cake is more than the sum of it's parts, and those eggs don't suddenly become poisonous on their expiration date.

Cooked proteins can be held for another 5 days, especially if you aren't selling them to folk.
>>
Is there a difference between heavy cream and heavy whipping cream? My grocery store doesn't seem to carry heavy cream.
>>
>>7778761
Zucchini flowers, tofu, chicken.
>>
>>7778982
>>7779862
Don't feel like looking up 7779862, but they are also made on equipment that handles dairy so they aren't vegan
>>
Does anyone have any experience ordering food online? I'm not talking about a whole grocery list, but bulk things like rice noodles or condensed products
>>
>>7779573
You'll eventually need sharpening and honing tools either way, and you're lazy ass probably isn't going to cook much, so just get a cheap stamped Victorinox until you know why you want something better.
>>
File: ensure.jpg (110 KB, 1159x1500) Image search: [Google]
ensure.jpg
110 KB, 1159x1500
>>7778720
posted on fit's QTDDTOT

anyone have a recipie for home made ensure?

heard its got mad preservatives
and its made by nestle
>>
>>7782702
You may like soylent recipes. But that reductionist approach to nutrition misses a lot.
>>
I wanna start eating breakfast (haven't for 10+ years) and I was thinking yogurt, some type of fruit, and oats/oatmeal/granola or something. Any suggestions?
>>
>>7782948
oatmeal. fruit, nuts, flax is pretty good breakfast
>>
Does anyone know a brand of mayo that doesnt contain fuckin guar-gum or xanthan-gum?
I need some mayo every now and then but I dont wanna eat that shit.
>>
>>7783249

The one you make at home. It's stupid easy to make mayo, especially if you have a blender. Put your egg and a little vinegar in there. Run the blender while slowing pouring in oil. My neighbor taught me how to do this when we were 9 years old.
>>
>>7782948
I do that minus the grain and plus a drizzle of maple syrup.

It's p gud.
>>
>>7783249
MORE MAYO, WHITE BOY???

>Non-GMO Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Filtered Water, Lemon Juice, White Vinegar, 2% or Less of the Following: Organic Sugar, Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Pea Protein, Spices, Garlic, Modified Food Starch, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Disodium EDTA (to Preserve Freshness).

Are those ingredients acceptable? That's Just Mayo (a double entendre).

But why go out of your way for nutrient-free calories? There isn't much room for that shit if you want to avoid deficiency. The average american suffers seven nutrient deficiencies.
>>
>>7783282
I prefer Hellman's but I've had Just Mayo and it's pretty good.
>>
What should i do with his left over puff pasty i have in my freezer, no sweet stuff please
>>
>>7783307
What you *should* do is discard it.
>>
>>7783307

Make meat pies. You can do it pasty-style, or you could make a pot pie.
>>
Is there any cooking infographs?
I moved out recently, and I only have microwave to use.
What stuff I can make with it?
I've been using it to cook potato.
>>
>>7783310
Why would i do that? There is nothing wrong with it I just bought too much, So i have a leftover roll
>>
>>7783323
I think he's calling you fat, bro.
>>
>>7783323
It's white flour and fat isolate. You're better off not eating it.
>>
>>7783256
I'm afraid of raw eggs. And I don't know what should I do with the eggwhite that isnt needed.
>>7783282
>Modified Food Starch
>Calcium Disodium EDTA
Doesnt sound like food to me.
I'm European btw.
>>
>>7783314
https://www.youtube.com/user/WeberCooks
>>
>>7783332
If you buy processed shit there, they may be listed as E1401 and E385.
>>
>>7783333
>4 videos
Thanks I guess, at least I can eat rice I've lost weight since I moved out.
>>
>>7783307
ham pockets
layer a good ham, some swiss cheese and your favorite mustard between puff pastry and bake it.
>>
File: 1426490897037.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1426490897037.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>7783332
>European
>afraid of raw egg
>>
>>7780758
eggs last wayyyy past the expiration date, even at room temp

unless they are odorous or discolored, they are fine
>>
I picked up a thing of matcha at trader joe's on a whim. I noticed after that it is sweetened and one of the ingredients is matcha (the actual thing I wanted.) I like it because it's frothy and opaque but don't want the fucking sugarshit. Amazon is giving me a bunch of $20+ options. What's an inexpensive one that still tastes okay?

>>7778761

Aubergine/eggplant is the best fried veg. jalapenos are good too.
>>
>>7778761
banana/plantains are good fried. Also mushrooms.
>>
>>7783794
Avoid any matcha from China.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-tea/
>>
>>7779862
It's more likely made from beet sugar, because it's the cheapest in the U.S.
>>
>>7784590

>avoid buying anything from China, ever

ftfy

>>7784587

>plantains

My nigger.
>>
Trying to follow this post..

>>7784314

>You can use whatever brand, 1lb package. Add one can of whole tomatoes and juice to make 2 cups of liquid plus water (whatever is in the can measure out and top off til you have enough to properly make the rice.

What does that mean? 1 lb of rice, 1 can of tomatoes, and then 2 cups of water? That doesnt sound like enough liquid to cook the rice. Also would appreciate which spices to rub the chicken with and whether garlic should be tucked under skin
>>
File: flyer-grand-opening.jpg (586 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
flyer-grand-opening.jpg
586 KB, 1800x1200
A new vegan pizzeria has this image on their website. Could it be called a e s t h e t i c ?
>>
I'm starting my first job in a restauraunt (first real job I've obtained on my own really). as a cook they don't expect me to come up with anything right? it's a relatively mid-scale restauraunt. I just have no capability at my level of cooking to create good dishes from scratch.
>>
>>7784864

>vegan
>pizza
>vegan

barf.jpg.gif.mobi

Vegans are a cancer.
>>
>>7784864
That's cute. I always like pink and blue, especially a neon or pastel 80s shade.
>>
>>7778720
>Does anyone know where to buy can shaped molds for gelatin?
Just buy a can of soda, drink (or empty, if you're a heathen), and cut it in half. Problem solved.
>>
>>7784919
My brother gave me a six pack of tall cans of Surge a couple years ago, and I poured out most of one after tasting it.
>>
>>7782660
>Does anyone have any experience ordering food online? I'm not talking about a whole grocery list, but bulk things like rice noodles or condensed products
Go to Costco and stock up. Why pay for shipping?
>>
>>7784942
If you're single, a costco membership is only worthwhile if you're obese.
>>
How do you make good crisp, flakey crackers? the recipes I've tried just ended up a bunch of chunks of hard flour
>>
>>7785157
More leavening?
>>
>>7780596
yes
>>7780743
thyme
>>
>>7780846
heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are the same, whipping cream has slightly less fat
>>
File: 206445.jpg (51 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
206445.jpg
51 KB, 540x540
We don't have pie crusts where I live (non-merican), is shortcrust pastry the same thing?
>>
>>7785157
baking powder
>>
>>7786207
practically the same but why don't you look up a recipe and make your own crust? it's easy as shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoWCMzHWlRk
>>
>>7782565

I fail to understand why this should matter to a vegan who claims to be vegan for logical reasons (e.g. morality, health) rather than religious ones.
>>
>>7784959
Am single and have membership (but not obese). Costco is amazing for saving money, but you may also have a rather bland diet since bulk vegetables/fruit tend to go bad before you finish them.
>>
How come my chocolate cookies are soggy for a day? Is it because I let them cool in the baking sheet as opposed to a cooling rack?
>>
>>7788510
Most likely. Cooling racks let the air cool the bottoms, which will help prevent this.
>>
>>7788569
I thought so. I'm going to get a couple of cooling racks and see if it gets better. Thanks for replying.
>>
when I make stock or tomato sauce, should i cover the pot or not? It makes sense to me to cover the pot and not have to come check on it, then just reduce in the last 30 minutes to an hour. i dont see any cooking videos doing this though
>>
>>7778761
Squash, Cassava, Taro, Breadfruit

>>7780743
Sage

>>7783249
Yeah, if you're ok with locust bean gum.

>>7783307
Borek
>>
File: 799px-Newgrange.jpg (57 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
799px-Newgrange.jpg
57 KB, 799x600
What's the difference between English and Irish breakfast tea?
>>
How do i prepare bird food into palatable human food?
>>
File: 1328053808628.jpg (79 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1328053808628.jpg
79 KB, 640x427
I want to slow braise some meat, but I don't have wine. Can I substitute it with some good ol 2% apple cider?
>>
>>7789355
of course you can
it will just taste different
>>
I have an AeroPress and I love it, but it's very impractical when I have company over. What coffeemaker should I get to supplement it?

Drip brew? French press? Moka pot?
>>
>>7790993
How autismo do you get over coffee? If it's pretty high (my guess since you're in love with an AeroPress), a french press will work wonders. Drip brews are in the middle of the road, not a whole lot to worry about but the flavor won't be quite as good. If you really don't care, get a [spoiler]Keurig[/Iknowthere'snospoilerson/ck/]
>>
>>7791021
My coffee autism is actually quite low, I just bought the AeroPress because it was cheap, practical and easy to use and it supposedly being one of the better brewing methods was just a bonus.

I've borrowed and tried a french press a couple of times before I got the AeroPress with poor results, though it was probably because of using pre-ground coffee that wasn't coarse enough.
>>
What's something simple I can do with lentils? All I've done in the past is cook it with some cumin and rice.
>>
i've eaten nothing but fast-food cheeseburgers for the past week, am i going to die?
>>
>>7791216
Make lentil dahl, or spicy sausage lentil soup.
Lots of things.
>>
Hey I'm planning to make pulled pork tomorrow, what temp should I cook it at? For how long? I've got the rub ready and everything, just iffy about the time/temp
>>
>>7792079
>Hey I'm planning to make pulled pork tomorrow
Ummm, no you aren't?
>>
>>7778761

tofu/panko
>>
>>7792096
Thanks for the helpful response bud
>>
>>7792079
Are you smoking or using an oven?
>>
>>7788853
Cover if you're making stock - that should be a no brainer. For tomato sauce, it depends on how much you want to reduce.
>>
>>7792133
An oven
>>
>>7778720
Why has my dad not come back from Chicago?
>>
>>7792298
Most recipes say you'll want to go four about 4 hours at 325F
>>
>>7778761
Leeks fry up better than onion rings according to Good Eats, you faggot vegan.
>>
>>7792316
With just the rub and water, right?
>>
>>7792337
Post your recipe. I'm a pretty seasoned pork butt cooker both oven and smoker.
>>
>>7792301

that line at walmart aint no joke
>>
>>7792344
I'm actually just using some cajun seasoning and garlic and s&p w some crushed chipotle peppers, rub it on nice and good. Pour water in and then stick in oven. I haven't done it before but I'm hoping it turns out well
Any tips?
>>
>>7792383
Not him, but you'll want to wrap it all up tightly in tinfoil.

Sounds quite nice. Be sure to add more salt and other seasonings than you think necessary, because pork shoulders are big.
>>
>>7792403
So I rub it and then wrap it and then fill the container w water? So it's like a steam effect kind of?
>>
>>7792417
I'd rub it up, wrap it, and put it in a pan, and just put that into the oven. Ideally the tinfoil seals in the meat's moisture and it will steam in its own juices without drying out. Thus you probably don't need the water if you wrap well enough.
>>
How the fuck do you count calories in popcorn?

>popped vs unpopped
>weight vs volume

Sometimes the nutrition facts aren't specific enough, so I can't tell whether popcorn is unrealistically healthy or deceptively unhealthy.
>>
>>7784776
When preparing the rice, you add the can of tomatoes to the rice grains.

Then, using the same can the tomatoes came from, fill it up with water. The residual tomato juice will mix with the water, which you then pour into, to maximize your tomato input. Then you do it again, to really get the most out of your can.

Once you've done that, add water directly to the rice until you have enough liquid to make rice with.
>>
File: flyinglotus_dance_floor_dale.jpg (72 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flyinglotus_dance_floor_dale.jpg
72 KB, 480x360
I am going to Prague on vacation for a week then heading to munich and London. Any good food places worth checking out? Plus clubs and spots with chicks?
>>
How do I season a non-stick frying pan? Is it the same as any other pan. I dont have an oven
>>
File: sashimi.jpg (698 KB, 1038x768) Image search: [Google]
sashimi.jpg
698 KB, 1038x768
so like what kind of fish is this
it's used in sashimi a lot

has anyone tried it not raw
>>
>>7794391
It's easy. Just rub a handful of rock salt into it. The pan doesn't even need to be hot.
>>
>>7794444
It's Hokkigai, otherwise known as Surf Clam.

Never tried it cooked.
>>
>>7794465
ohhhh so that explains the texture. not fish at all. i'll be darned

thank you~ !
>>
>>7794391
If it's like stainless steel or aluminum/ium you probably don't want to season it

if it's cast iron, just heat it on your stove on medium or med-low, then take just a bit of oil and spread it evenly til there's a very thin coating all over the surfaces you want seasoned, and keep it on the heat until it appears to be mostly gone. Repeat as you think necessary.
>>
What happens if you allow dough to rise more than double? My doughs tend to rise faster than recipe call for and I'm leaving this one overnight since it's no-knead.
>>
burnt my stock. aside from taste is it still good?
>>
>>7795769
>aside from taste
what fucking other fucking reason could a fucking stock possibly fucking have other than fucking taste?
>>7795745
Here I googled for you.
>The dough should probably be fine overnight in the fridge. The issue would be if you left it out at room temperature for too long. Eventually the dough loses it's structure and ability to hold air pockets and just collapses into this sticky gluey mess.
Consider sticking it in the fridge.
>>
>>7795776
And the fridge wont interfere with rising?
>>
>>7795776
>what fucking other fucking reason could a fucking stock possibly fucking have other than fucking taste?

what i mean is that i dont want to waste it. can i still use it safely despite the taste?
>>
Threads like these make me realize that the internet is still very hard to use. If you need ideas to cook, don't go to Google. If you need products, don't go to Amazon or eBay. These user friendly websites are hard to use so you need us to use them for you.
>>
>>7795785
Cold proofing is the way to go for people who are serious about bread.
http://www.rootsimple.com/2013/11/why-you-should-proof-bread-in-the-refrigerator/
I think you can store it in the fridge for a night, then take it out, and have it rest at room temp until it's risen as far as you want it to go.
>>7795789
If you use that stock as an ingredient, and it tastes ruined, all you will be doing is ruining whatever you add it to. If it tastes bad, just toss it out. I've been there before.
>>
>>7795799
I appreciate this link, but this makes it sound like you should refrigerate it once the initial dough has doubled and you shaped it for proofing. And out of courtesy to the other guy I googled it and found that people recommending refrigerating it has kneaded it beforehand; I haven't
>>
>>7795814
http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/06/the-food-lab-the-science-of-no-knead-dough.html

dough gets fucking complex man
knead, no-knead, cold proofing seems to be the best option regardless
though your recipe may not be the same as the one in the procedure I'm linking here, I'm sure you can figure out how incorporating certain steps might help you out
>>
>>7795827
well i just checked my dough and three hours into a recipe that alleges it will take 12 to double, it's already doubled, so its in the fridge whether it likes it or not

but yeah as a beginner baker this is way more complex than other cookery ive done
>>
>>7795936
godspeed
>>
>>7795940
thanks

i just wish i knew why my dough rises so fast
>>
>>7795945
Is your bread rising in a particularly warm place?
If you're measured your yeast by volume, you might have mis-measured and added too much.

Or the recipe calls for a different, less active kind of yeast. Or maybe you have self rising flour or some shit.
>>
>>7795951
no, it's at room-temperature in a turned-off oven, and this includes "middle of winter" kitchen room temp and summer kitchen room temp

and in both recipes that call for a package of yeast and a fraction of yeast it does the same thing. so the only thing i can assume is that it's the flour, but even then it's not always the same brand, though it's all-purpose flour if it matter
>>
is raw meat supposed to taste good?
>>
>>7795945
Your water might be too warm.
>>
I made a venison stock out of left over bones and trimmings.

It did not taste good, but was unsalted.

Is unsalted stock supposed to be delicious? I followed a good recipe and it should be good?
>>
The other day I pressure-cooked a couple of free range chicken, with some onion, bell pepper, garlic, and other condiments, and water. It came out delicious, and I stored the water to use it as stock later. I've never really used stock, only water. I checked on it today and the whole thing has turned into a jello. My questions are:

1. How do I turn this jello into usable chicken stock?

2. What do I do with the chicken innards? Namely a couple of livers and hearts, and a bunch of feet
>>
>>7792476
I rubbed it up nice and wrapped in tin foil and put in a pot w a little water at 275 for 5 hours cause my meat guy recommended that
Currently have 4.25 hours left
>>
What are some really basic pasta recipes that don't require a lot of ingredients but are tasty? Macaroni and cheese is already a good one but it's getting repetitive.
>>
>>7797969
Bacon Mac.
Chili Mac.
Mac on the cob.
Grilled mac.
Fried mac.
Deep fried mac.
Three cheese mac.
Mac sandwich.
Mac bagel.
Mac and berries.
Baked mac.
Mac Donalds.
>>
Is it unhygienic to reutilize the same pan for making eggs several times without washing it?
>>
>>7797969
Spaghetti, a can of cream and a can of whatever seafood
>>
>>7797969
Carbonara, aglio e olio
>>
>>7798382
>>7798405
Thanks m8s, the aglio e olio is what I'll have tonight! Looks tasty and I don't even need to go out to get more ingredients.
>>
I want to make a quick chicken soup tonight just with bought stock chicken and some vegetables, anything else I can add to give it some kick, maybe some ginger and chilli?
>>
>>7783698
Seconding this. Eggs refrigerated can last a month after the sell by date and be fine. Use your sensory organs to determine-- a bad egg is pretty easy to identify.
>>
So I don't know how to cook shit, outside of 2 minute noodles and scrambled eggs. I've been meaning to get away for a few weeks just so I can teach myself how to cook some basic meals. This opportuniy just came up and next week I'll have a house to myself for two weeks to practice cooking.

My question is, what's the best youtube channel that teaches you how to cook? Something that starts with the absolute basics and builds up to more complex meals. Preferably something that has a focus on cooking meats properly (specifically chicken breast and steak).
>>
>>7782706
The doctor wants me to take it to help me gain weight. It's also a bit more expensive than I'd like.
>>
>>7798831
They also float in water when they go bad, if you want to test them without releasing the odor.
>>
I know that Tasty is cancerous and no place to take cooking advice from, buuuut I couldn't help but notice that they never marinade anything. They throw unseasoned meat in a pan and cook it until it's sealed, THEN add all the sauces and spices. I pre-marinade everything, so this is weird to me.

What's the better technique?
>>
>>7799008
>sealed
just no, that's not how cooking works
>>
>>7798773
Yeah man. If you're going for that sort of flavour, I'd compliment it with a bit of cumin, turmeric, coriander, and paprika.
>>
>>7798206
Never leave it any longer than a couple of days.
>>
>>7797864
1. It's already usable chicken stock! When you heat it, it'll go right back to a liquid. There are ways of distilling it, but it's healthier if you don't. Instead, heat the stock and dilute it with water and it should be a little less jello-like when it gets cold.

2. It depends on how brave you are. All those things are really good for you, but the idea of eating them isn't so appetising. There's so many different ways you can cook them, but I'll list my favourites.

- Chicken hearts are best sautéed with vegetables.

- Try making a paté with the liver. Otherwise, chop it up with chicken breasts and make a stir-fry.

- Deep fried chicken feet! If you like crispy wings, chicken feet is worth a try.

- Even chicken intestines are usable. I had some kind of soup/stirfry/pudding creation made with chicken intestines in a Chinese hospital. It looks yucky, but it's edible.
>>
File: veloute-289x226.jpg (12 KB, 289x226) Image search: [Google]
veloute-289x226.jpg
12 KB, 289x226
I made a chesntut veloute over the weekend but it came out really chunky with bits of nut still obviously in there. The recipe said to put it in the blender in batches but I didn't, and I also didn't start with a roux, is that why?

Also why the fuck do my crispy sushi rice cakes keep falling apart? I use compounded sushi rice squares in a skillet with oil but they still crumble when I flip them? I just want to make them like at the restaurants.
>>
>>7797864
That's what you want! The gelatin means the good shit from the bones cooked out. Real stock is going to be that way when it gets cold.
>>
>>7797969
Most pasta dishes have like very few ingredients. Pesto on noodles. Linguine with clams. Onions + garlic + a little olive oil is pretty good.
>>
>>7799014
Ok thanks, that's exactly the sort suggestion I was looking for.
>>
>>7797864
Just eat the hearts straight up. Tastes great. Like really flavorful muscle meat.
>>
>>7798853
food
wishes
>>7799008
depends on the application
I keep my flavors simple so oftentimes I use just salt, and salt meat a day or two ahead of time to draw out some moisture and make it easier to brown in a pan
>>7799146
>it's chunky
>I didn't blend it though I was told to
are you fucknig serious
>>
What are some good foods that can be easily made on a flat top besides burgers and chicken?

That's all I really have to make stuff for myself at work. And I have freedom to bring in whatever I want and cook it as long as I clean up after myself.
>>
File: 1397847614945.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1397847614945.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>7778720
Well /ck/ is officially dead. I bid you a good day.
>>
>>7800902

Too many things to list. A flat top works like a frying pan....so pretty much anything you'd make in a frying pan that doesn't involve a lot of liquid can be made on the flat top.

You can fry/scramble eggs, stir-fry, hash browns, sausages, steak, chops, fish fillet, omelette, etc.
>>
>>7800916
I was kind of afraid I'd get this answer... My coworker always brings in delicious shit. I only know how to cook few things and buying shit for recipes for stuff that I actually like eating is expensive as fuck.

Oh well. I have to go grocery shopping like now and not later..
>>
>>7799053
>>7799417
>>7799467
Thanks
>>
Could someone me recommend some simple and fast to make salad?
>>
>>7804127

like just a leafy green salad? I mean, just buy a premixed bag and top with favorite dressing?

or if you mean like pasta and other types of salad...

I like mixing orzo with briney stuff like olives, capers...then some cherry tomatoes and feta. then dressing with equal parts lemon juice and olive oil. can put all kinds of other stuff in like chickpeas, parsley, spinach, red onion...whatev. quick easy pasta salad that can be as simple or complex as you'd like.
>>
>>7804127
Any veggies you have, finely sliced and seasoned with a little vinegar, olive oil, lemon and salt.
>>
Are there any teas that are naturally sweet?

Growing up I've only ever had black tea usually from Lipton and its just bad, I just can't drink it without adding sugar and I want to move away from adding sugar to tea. Any recommendations, specifically brands that I can just pick up at a grocery store? I don't know that I like tea enough to go hunting in hole-in-the-wall shops for exotic teas.
>>
File: slide_362774_4082979_free.jpg (149 KB, 900x834) Image search: [Google]
slide_362774_4082979_free.jpg
149 KB, 900x834
Can you craft a meal where the core component is always ramen and make it the type of thing you could eat every day of the week?
>>
>>7804475
Jasmine tea is sweeter than Lipton black tee.

But why not just add sugar or sweeteners you moron?
>>
>>7804475
Liquorice tea is naturally sweet
>>
File: DSC_0028[1].jpg (116 KB, 1600x1074) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0028[1].jpg
116 KB, 1600x1074
>>7805081

>cook ramen in a bottle of ranch dressing
>when noodles are cooked season to taste with provided seasoning packet

You can eat it every day and it's a complete protein with solid macros and decent micro-nutrients, plus it's delicious and cheap.
>>
>>7804475
Depends on brand.
Some are too bitter. Some are okay. Some barely taste tea.
Too bitter tea can be mixed with squad syrup to make good drink.
>>
>>7805081
You could just use the noodles and switch up the meat, veggies, and seasoning.

You also have options of soup or dry. Basically like any pasta.

You're not going to win awards for it, but it'll probably be tasty enough.
>>
Would I be able to thin out a can of a dulche de leche to use in place of sweetened condensed milk to use in a key lime pie recipe? I only ask because I've seen methods where sweetened condensed milk is cooked down to make dulche de leche.
>>
How important is the egg mixture when breading meats? I mean to the overall flavor, not the texture/construction.

I ask because I was thinking of making chicken schnitzel. Then I started thinking about chicken and waffles. Then I wonder what would happen if, while making chicken schnitzel, if I added vanilla and maple syrup to the eggs while breading. If I could get that same flavor profile as fried chicken on a whole waffle.
>>
>>7778720
How do I make egg drop soup?
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.