[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /ck/, I'm trying to lose weight. Can we get a healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1494235991390551469.jpg (102 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1494235991390551469.jpg
102 KB, 800x534
Sup /ck/,

I'm trying to lose weight. Can we get a healthy recipe thread? I'm talking meals less 500 calories. Preferably cheap.

I would just eat fish and rice/veggies every meal, but I don't want to die of mercury poisoning.
>>
>>7775955
>I would just eat fish and rice/veggies every meal, but I don't want to die of mercury poisoning.

God bless America
>>
Only anti-vaxxers have a problem with mercury, you paranoid monkey.

Alternate with chicken breast if it's such a big deal for you.
>>
Mercury only really compounds at any noticeable levels in big predator fish; swordfish, bonitos, etc.

Think of it: little tiny buggers get a little tiny bit of mercury in them, but then anchovies eat a thousand of those, and a big tuna eats a thousand anchovies, and suddenly you have a tuna with a million little buggers worth of mercury.

But that only really hurts kids, adults are pretty cool with a lil mercury
>>
>>7775974
Antivaxxers are right to be afraid of mercury poisoning. It's that they're also afraid of vaccines doing other things that they don't understand and that vaccines don't do, and they think thiomersal as used in vaccines will give them heavy metal poisoning, which it won't.

The more dilletantish vaccine fearers likely continue to increase their mercury burdens regardless through eating pounds of albacore or swordfish or whatever for muh omega-3s (which is very 2006). The more strident and hysterical vaccine-panickers probably hang lists of everything that contains mercury, likely ultimately according to some old alt.* newsgroup as passed down through the ages by the Good Doctor Mercola, and avoid it religiously, choosing instead to consume large amounts of "safe" foods probably loaded with pesticides or coliform bacteria or exotic antimetabolites or whatever.

This doesn't mean that avoiding foods that have really high levels of nasty ass alkylmercurys makes you a paranoid monkey really tbqh fampai.
>>
>>7776010

This.

If you're not eating swordfish, you're OK dude.

Unless you're pregnant/about to be pregnant, in which case I'd advise you to avoid it just to be safe.
>>
Shark and a few of the pelagic fish species are the ones you don't want to be eating a lot of but even then the amount needed to cause harm would be more than you eat.
>>
>>7775955
>meals less 500 calories
jesus man
you eat more than i eat in an entire day in one meal
what the fuck how do you expect to lose weight?
>>
>>7776010
>>7776154

yeah man, and flouride in water and chemtrails are a big problem too.
>>
>>7775974
>mercury is good for you guys, chemophobes are wrong!

This post is a perfect example of what's wrong with people's relationship with science these days

What this guy thinks he's doing is fighting for a religious faction he erroneously refers to as "the smart sciencey people"

What is is actually doing is falling into the same trap that started the actual anti-vaccine movement: a selective blindness towards scientific findings he considers inconvenient, combined with an anger towards a certain population group that he perceives to be benefiting from that research
>>
>>7776446
>>7776446
wtf
>>
OP here.

So, what I'm getting from this thread is salmon for every dinner isn't going to hurt?

>>7776446
You sure you don't have an eating disorder? How the fuck are you still alive? Three meals at 500 calories each puts me at 1500 calories, which is still well under my daily recommended amount.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.