[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beer general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: beer.jpg (224 KB, 1611x1008) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
224 KB, 1611x1008
Didn't see a beer thread.

What are you drinking, what are you looking forward to drinking?

Recently I've had the misfortune of drinking some Heineken and Rolling Rock. I must be late to realize this, but are most lesser tier lagers basically the same? I'm drinking the Heineken right now and it just has that all around low quality taste to it.
>>
File: J8Z5tLa.jpg (193 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
J8Z5tLa.jpg
193 KB, 720x960
Wine for me please
>>
File: 1415155278003.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1415155278003.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>7772794

>the higher the abv the better the beer
>>
Got some Arrogant Bastard in the fridge. Looking forward to that. Also got a sixer of Coors, because fuck it. I was heavily drinking IPS/DIPAs and Stouts for awhile, but holy fuck I got tired of the intensity and insane hangovers. Trying to cut back a little bit flavor wise.
>>
>hey bros check out this dank microbrew IPA and stout I like to drink it while eating nutella-coated bacon xDDDDDDDD
>>
>>7772824
>Trying to cut back a little bit flavor wise.
get the fuck off ck mayonnaise boy
>>
>>7772794
>am-am I a big boy yet?

Not until you lose your virginity and clean up your shithole apt.
>>
File: sns.png (257 KB, 330x485) Image search: [Google]
sns.png
257 KB, 330x485
got a 6 pack of these the other day, I think they're brettygud
>>
>>7772826

Yeah dude because beer that's way too sweet hoppy and intense in flavor just works with immediately being too drunk to taste flavor properly.

>muh imperial stouts

They all reach a point where they taste the fucking same no matter how good they are at first sip.
>>
You guys use any special glassware? Looking around for nice ones...
>>
>>7772961
Just get a pint glass if you want one. Pic related are cool to use once in a while, too. Drinking from the bottle isn't as frowned upon as you think, buddy.
>>
>>7772994
I don't like drinking from the bottle because smelling the beer makes it a billion times better.
>>
>like blue moon
>people say Hoegaarden is one of the best white beers
>blue moon tastes 1000 times better

Also shock top a shit. Blue moon and Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale are the 2 best beers ever. Also snake bites are fucking awesome
>>
>>7772794
ebin false flag my friend
you should make your next set of spammed threads along these lines, quality shitposting
>>
>>7772875
I immediately mistrust any beer that advertises itself as "crisp".
>>
>>7773024
German wheat beers are the best wheat beers. Weihenstephaner is the best of them all, but Franziskaner is great too and probably easier to get for most Burgerinos. Paulaner is also acceptable. Avoid Erdinger.
>>
File: weihenstephaner.jpg (150 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
weihenstephaner.jpg
150 KB, 420x315
>>7773286
Forgot pic
>>
>>7773286
Weihenstephaner also makes one of the best lagers I've ever tasted.
>>
>>7773279
if there is a company to trust is Sierra Nevada.

>did a tour of the brewery in Chico
>ken grossman happened to walk by
>spent the rest of the tour chilling with us and talking
>at least pretended to be interested in a paper I wrote that heavily focused on him
>>
Obviously stuff like Rolling Rock, Pabst etc isn't as good but if you actually think it's gross then you're a snob and a pussy. Whenever someone talks down on cheaper brands I assume they're an asshole and I've never been wrong.
>>
File: CARTON-BREWING-SS-CREAM-7.jpg (712 KB, 1242x720) Image search: [Google]
CARTON-BREWING-SS-CREAM-7.jpg
712 KB, 1242x720
>>7772826
It's really not correct though. I enjoy a low ABV stout like Left Hand's Milk Stout just as much as, if not more, than I enjoy a meme high ABV one like Avery's Mephistopheles. Just for different reasons. There's just different things to enjoy about different styles/levels of beer, all of which have varying ABV's.

Tried pic related for the first time today, it was honestly pretty nice. Also had a bomber of Evil Twin's Double Liquid Fudge, which was pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I tried a few different things tonight.

This was a pretty nice saison. No complaints.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7773424
Had Sierra Nevadas Stout for the first time. Pretty nice, but I'd stick to other breweries for darker beers.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7773426
This was okay. I honestly couldn't tell the difference from AleSmiths's normal IPA. I'd sooner just get that next time.

>>7773418
SS-Cream is a really great beer. Haven't tried the Evil Twin Double Fudge, but I love a lot of their other imperial stouts so I'll look out for it.
>>
File: SN otra vez long.jpg (120 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
SN otra vez long.jpg
120 KB, 633x356
I dunno what I was expecting from this, but I ended up liking it a lot.

Cactus beer? Who knew.
>>
File: mondo.jpg (419 KB, 1030x687) Image search: [Google]
mondo.jpg
419 KB, 1030x687
>>7772794
Stop posting.

anyway I have some of this and no camera. Lucky 13 mondo red ale. I should have bought this on release as it is not as fresh as it really should be. Still pretty good though.
>>
>>7773440
Man people either love otra vez or hate it.

I think it's fucking repulsive but you do you.
>>
File: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA S.jpg (199 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA S.jpg
199 KB, 1067x1600
This
>>
To Ol Sky Mountain Sour. Had a few of them last night, the nicest beer I've had in a long time.
>>
File: thisisyou.jpg (18 KB, 545x365) Image search: [Google]
thisisyou.jpg
18 KB, 545x365
>>7772794
kill yourself
>>
>>7772847
>please don't enjoy things, because I can't ;~;
>>
File: TUSK HERRRR.jpg (110 KB, 1024x596) Image search: [Google]
TUSK HERRRR.jpg
110 KB, 1024x596
posting premium (british) kenyan lager
>>7773465
nice beer
>>7773460
also not bad
>>7772785
I consider heineken and rolling rock to be good party beers. they're good for what they are when you need them
>>
My friend still thinks all beer tastes like piss and ass how do I get him into it
>>
>>7773721
You don't. You grow up and accept that some people like some things and some like others.
>>
>>7773024
Hoegaarden is my water
>>
Samichlaus is a great beer if you can stomach it.
Recently I've been drinking everything from the wychwood brewery. Good selection and good flavors for all the types of beer they make.
>>
I'm drinking: nothing.

I'm looking forward to drinking: Two Czech pilsners, one Finnish pilsner, two kellerbiers, one Belgian strong ale at 8% in a 750ml bottle and one bottle of red wine.
>>
Check ya Coles shop-a-docket ausfags, they're doing JS for $10 a 6 pack from Lickherland which is much better than the ridiculous $22.
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 384x384
This
>>
>>7773721
I have a friend who is the biggest pleb you can imagine. He wasn't allowed to eat salt as a young kid for health reasons so he developed the most plebby palate you can imagine also the family is quite poor. He took sips of craft beer after craft beer and grimaced and ended up giving away the beer or pouring it out. What I did was to keep talking about different beers passionately, like I would be talking about trading cards or sports teams. This made him want to experience the same thing I did. He told me that he one day will succeed in liking 'odd beers' as well. He kept trying and failing trying and failing.
Suddenly he wrote to me on Skype that he now sat at home drinking four craft beers or so without pouring them out and kept going. I didn't even say anything (because I didn't want to risk spoiling it) but I knew he had reached his breakthrough. Today he drink most styles of beer without pouring them out or giving them away. For some it takes an awful lot of work but I believe anyone can learn to appreciate beer.
>>
>>7773326
Seriously they have some good stuff. They're hefe is up there in the top ranks with real German ones.
>>
File: if only they were full.jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
if only they were full.jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
Just did a small revision for these.
>>
>>7772789
>piss
>pisse
>>
beer is a meme drink
>>
>>7774076
your life is a meme
>>
>>7774079
How much cream do you put in your coffee?
>>
>>7772785
Is this gonna be another one of /ck/s famous alcoholic threads?
>>
>>7774083
Drinking ten beers a day can be healthy as long as they are craft IPAs made in the Pacific Northwest
>>
>>7773440
I wasn't getting much grapefruit overall but i liked the slight spice of the coriander. it's pretty subtle. I still liked though. What are some other good beers in this style?
>>
File: shithawkdown.jpg (74 KB, 597x714) Image search: [Google]
shithawkdown.jpg
74 KB, 597x714
>>7774083
Beer and wine coolers don't count, Randy
>>
My gf is coming home from Vermont with some Heady Topper. Pretty happy.
>>
>>7772875
They are brutygud, I had some the other day too.
>>
>>7774621
she gave me and the boys some heady topper before heading back south
>>
Just got back from the Sierra Nevada beer camp in Milwaukee that happened yesterday.

Anyone else happen to have been there?
>>
>>7773677
wish my area received more To Ol varieties... we only get like 3-4 different types
>>
>>7772794

>Go to beer festival with work friend and her boyfriend
>He's an insufferable man-child
>Insists on only drinking 3 or 4 beers because they're the strongest
>Gets drunk super fast and spills his spaghetti, has to go home at 8pm
>I stay there till midnight with his girlfriend sampling tons of crazy beer
>>
I went to Poland on holiday with my friends recently, spent 6 hours drinking Atak Chmielu in the summer heat with a fucking gorgeous 22yr old Polish qt.

Great beer. Great night.
>>
>>7774665
I wanted to but had prior commitments, how was it?
I did make it our to New Glarus earlier in the day for their 2015 Gueuze release which was awesome, also great atmosphere at that brewery though it was fucking hot outside I'll be happy if it doesn't hit 90F again this year
>>
>>7772785
adore Heineken. it's my top. I've actually been day dreaming about getting some, but it's just too expensive. I wish all you guys who say it's bad and low quality would somehow make it cost less like the actual trash beer.
>>
>>7774757
Its pretty bad. Probably the worst tier of beer to buy, shit beer quality for middle tier prices
>>
>>7773708
>*chokes down an unnecessarily hoppy and bitter IPA* am I patrician now guise???? xddd
>>
>>7774740

It was a really chill festival with a couple hundred beers but only maybe two people in line at a time at most. Nice day out, but hot.

Not too many things really stood out to me. Bear Republic had a new Racer 5 variation that was probably my favorite. Lots of fruity and spiced shit (more than one guava beer, for example). The Sierra Nevada collaborations weren't anything special, but it was still a really fun day.

There was also a gay pride event going on somewhere, and a knitting and buttons convention type thing, so last night/this morning it was fun walking around and having everyone either drunk/hungover, proud, or homely with fanny packs and quilts under their arms.
>>
>>7774792
That's your feeble palate telling you you're inferior. I can't believe you're actually this upset that you're broken.
>>
>>7774792
Stop drinking shitty west coast style IPA
If you buy an IPA that you find to be unnecessarily hoppy and bitter, you are just really bad at picking which brand to buy because most of them are not like that at all
>>
>>7772785
Budwieser it's Meh but it's 4pm here not really trying to hit those 8% ers yet
>>
>>7773331
This.
I love my good beer but really ill drink anything. Its especially dickish to talk down to your friends beer. Or beer at a party.
>>
>>7774818
Yeah, /ck/ is the perfect place for talking down to shit beer, the vast majority of u wouldn't say a thing if it were a friend drinking shitty stuff, but anonymous people on the internet, thats a different story
>>
>>7772826
Yeah dude that steel reserve is so much better than just about every beer out there

Oooo or that 12% chocolate coffee stout by saranac. It's high abv so it must be better even tho it tastes like shit!!
>>
File: atrial_rubicite.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
atrial_rubicite.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
Haven't had a drop of alcohol in a year since my liver enzymes were fucked. Have shit ton of beers around the house, including cases of pic related. Going to start drinking them slowly.

>all those releases I missed

I probably won't chase like I used to but damn senpai
>>
>>7774665
Couldn't afford to go when it came here last time. Was it any good?
>>
>>7773331
Rolling rock is actually gross, but I'll drink most things and don't really give a shit what others drink.
>>
So we all know the big trend in craft brews is to do some IPA that's extremely bitter because of the exorbitant amounts of hops used.

Do you guys have any suggestions for things that go down more mildly?
>>
>>7774953

had an aurelian lure last night
>>
File: Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>7775446
Just like a regular IPA/APA especially those with more balanced midwestern or east coast style hop profiles (such as pic related), or a stout, or a wheat beer, maybe even try something sour. The choices are incredibly vast if you have access to a grocery store or liquor store
>>
>>7774795
lol u fell for it

>IPAs are actually shit tier tho
>>
>>7775495
Have any stouts to recommend?
>>
>>7775514
what state?
>>
>>7775514
Odell's porter is good, also left hand nitro milk stout
>>
>>7775519
>left hand nitro milk stout
Not him, but I didn't like that one.I really did like the Stone Milk Stout though
>>
>>7775517
northern VA
>>
>>7775528
Not sure of any Virginia breweries myself, if you like coffee and are ok with a stronger beer definitely try Founders Breakfast stout, they have really wide distribution so you can probably find them, also Founders porter is good (porter and stout are more or less the same thing)
>>
>>7775536
>>7775519
Thanks guys.
>>
>tfw you just turned 21 and don't have a taste for beer

I've tried a few already (Killians, some microbrew thing called Cougar Bait, some seasonal pumpkin thing called Ichabod, plus other random X Lite) but none of them have really tickled anything for me besides Cougar Bait.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>7775548
Go to a local brewery or beer oriented bar and try a flight of local stuff. Local is almost always best
>>
>>7775526
Really? What didn't you like? It's just flavorful and inoffensive imo
>>
>>7775446
>So we all know the big trend in craft brews is to do some IPA that's extremely bitter because of the exorbitant amounts of hops used.
t. meme king that actually doesn't know what's going on at all
>>
>>7775581
Dunno, just wasn't a fan. It wasn't bad, but I prefer the Stone one heads and shoulders above the Left Hand
>>
File: Obsidian_composite.png (64 KB, 420x650) Image search: [Google]
Obsidian_composite.png
64 KB, 420x650
Sippin on this, might get some Redhook ESB or Ninkasi's Dawn of the Red.
>>
Currently drinking a growler of Tired Hands Pina Colada Milkshake which is really fantastic, but I have some left over cans of the Calamansi Milkshake which is on another level. Tired Hands is killing it right now and I'm lucky to have them within a reasonable distance.
>>
>>7775376
Yeah, see >>7774794

It was definitely a bit of an expense for me too right now, but was the first time me and the couple people I went with all had a weekend off together, so decided to make a little trip out of it.

Actually paid the $20 extra to be let in an hour early, which was honestly well worth it to be able to check everything out before the crowd, chat with the brewers, and get all the swag before it was gone. Should have brought sunscreen, though.
>>
>>7774794

Forgot to mention, along with all sorts of fruit/spiced beers, session beers are apparently huge right now, because everyone seemed to have one.
>>
>>7772875
This was the first beer I bought when I turned 21 pretty recently (not the first beer I've had of course)

Pretty good, the bitterness takes a bit to get used to but there's some good flavor in there.

I also had Oberon pretty recently and that was interesting. Had a neat sorta grapefruit-y taste. What do you guys think about it?
>>
File: Can'tHandleIt.jpg (122 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
Can'tHandleIt.jpg
122 KB, 600x510
Who /maryland/ here?
>>
File: IMG_20160611_201944.jpg (475 KB, 1120x1680) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_201944.jpg
475 KB, 1120x1680
Bought a lagunitas imperial stout. using the McDonalds WiFi. About to go in the woods to drink.
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Been starting to try the different beers from the German island of Rügen.
The ale was just ok but I absolutely loved the stout. Definitely going to get more of that.
>>
>>7774757
Bug spray
>>
File: Mancan-Personal-Keg-System-03.jpg (54 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
Mancan-Personal-Keg-System-03.jpg
54 KB, 700x450
Has anyone tried getting their own keg?
>>
>>7775799
Look at your life. Look at it.
>>
>>7775991

Getting a chilled kegging system is the nest stem once I somewhat settle down somewhere, but what the fuck is that shit?

It looks like a fancy growler with some kind of shitty bubbly system you plug right in and maybe get two pints out of.
>>
>>7776016
Did a lil research. Mini-kegs. Gallon and half-gallon. Basically made to fit in the fridge (why they don't put it down on the side and make it larger, I do not know). They are 200-300 bucks though, which seems like a ripoff to me.
>>
>>7776030

My plan has basically been to go in for the NB kegging setup, get a local guy to convert a mini-fridge for me, and just go with that.

I'm on top of my homebrewing, but actual DIY shit goes way over my head, so I'd rather pay more for something I know is trusted and pay someone I know a little extra to make it all work.
>>
>>7776040
>>
>>7772875
>got a 6 pack of these the other day, I think they're brettygud
Mah nigga Sierra Nevada is a good go to if you want to try a new style of beer
>>
>>7773331
I unironically like pabts. Though not my go to but I have a case in the fridge in case it's hot or I'm out of my usual go to beer. But you are right. Anyone who's snobby in public is a shit head.
My philosophy on beer is if it's for me I usually get nice beer. But, my first favorite beer is free. My second favorite is cold.
>>
>>7776040
This thread for me curious and now I watched a bunch of videos and feel fairly confident in converting my own fridge.

That being said, I think I'm going to homebrew this summer and start with a Hefe because I love that style of beer. Should be fun.
>>
>>7776150
I'd do a couple junk runs with some easy ales before going for the hefe. Just to get the feel for it so you don't lose motivation over an infected batch on a beer you were stoked to make.
>>
>>7776150
I wouldn't bother doing it myself. As much as it would be fun to say I made this, I'm sure I could manage something, but slipping the ridiculously cheap retired carpenter that was a friend of my uncle's that Dad hired for the shed and model railway a few bob would save much swearing on my behalf.
>>
Is letting beer get warm from the fridge to taste better just an old wives tale?
>>
File: Saison du Pinacle Dunham.jpg (310 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Saison du Pinacle Dunham.jpg
310 KB, 1024x768
>>7776592
Yes and no.
If you drink something ''light'' (Hefeweizen, pilsner, IPA, etc), you should drink it at this temperature.

For more robust thing (stout, Porter, Double and more, etc), I personally try it cold and wait it to be warmer because you can taste the complexity of the beer.
>>
>>7775920
Where to get and how much? Had the Tripel and the one with aus hops, swung out on the baltic porter though. It is not only just looks, they are pretty great.
>>
>>7776592
Well you aren't ever going to taste shit in certain beers, and IPAs are probably better cold because it takes the edge off the bitterness and aroma. A stout, brown ale or bitter can be cellar cool but no colder though.
>>
File: CAM00282.jpg (100 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
CAM00282.jpg
100 KB, 900x1600
not my picture, but this
>>
>>7772961

A tulip glass is all you need
>>
>>7776150
Hefes can be sort of hard because wheat is more likely to lead to a stuck mash and extract beer is both darker and in my opinion has a certain noticeable off flavor.
>>
What beer is good with doritos?
>>
>>7777865
Miller lite
>>
>>7777869

the only thing "lite" beer is good with is incest or bestiality.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Stillwater are the masters of goses. This Gose Gone Wild puts every other gose I've tasted to shame and proves that low abv beer can still have enormous flavor. This beer needs to become available in some size other than a bomber.
>>
>>7777877
No
>>
File: Trois Mousquetaires Gose.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2667) Image search: [Google]
Trois Mousquetaires Gose.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2667
>>7777955
Never tried it, but I like pic related alot.
>>
>>7778008
I haven't tried that one but I can tell from the back that it's very different from Gose Gone Wild though it might be an amazing traditional gose. GGW is dry hopped with Citra and Amarillo so it's got really citrus-y and fruity hop flavors that get amplified by the tartness of the gose. It's an awesome flavor I haven't tasted in any beer before though I have liked almost all goses I've tried.
>>
i have a few of these and some tequila leftover i'll be sipping on tonight
>>
>>7775993
I was on a weekend vacation with my dad, didn't have a car/internet/tv and he was sick so I walked to the village to get a beer. Ended up falling asleep in the woods.
>>
>>7773711
the cambodian beer Angkor has the same logo

>>7773874
is it any good, james squire is usually kind of shit and tastes the same as the $14 coles brand 'craft beer

i can't wait until summer comes back to Australia and summer beers, berliners and saisons are back in season
>>
>>7778198
not logo motto
>>
>>7778198

>tfw visited both kenya and cambodia in something resembling a past life

Also, Anchor > Angkor
>>
>>7774538 I just had a couple a' drinks for courage, Bumble-Bandy.
>>
>>7774792
>IPA
Found the pleb
>>
>>7775528
Apocalypse Aleworks in Forest, VA has a good chocolate stout, I don't know if they're canning yet. Samuel Smith has a great one too, and their Tadcaster Porter and Oatmeal Stout you can find at most Whole Foods.
>>
>>7777955
Anderson Valley does some interesting goses, I personally prefer their blood orange. There's a local brewery (Coppertail) that just put out a good one too.

>tfw the bar down the street makes small batch sour ales that taste fantastic
>>
>>7778530

Where do people live that there's a Whole Foods, but no liquor store with a half-way decent craft beer selection?

Also, even if WF is nationwide it doesn't mean that every brewery has nationwide distribution.
>>
>>7778540
Selling beer at a liquor store is illegal

Grocery stores are for beer, and liquor stores are for spirits and wines
>>
>>7778543
>selling beer at a liquor store is illegal
Where do you live?
>>
>>7778540
Samuel Smith is an English brewery with nationwide distribution in the US.
>>
>>7778543
This isn't true. Alcoholic beverage sale laws vary state by state.

In some states, liquor stores can't sell beer, in others they can. In some, grocery stores can't sell beer, or can only sell beer up to a certain ABV, or none at all. In some states you can literally buy any type of alcohol anywhere.

Generally it's only the ABC states that have wine/liquor/spirits stores that don't sell beer.
>>
>>7778553
New York
>>7778564
Your autistically pedantic lecture is so cute I just want to snuggle with it, please teach me more about truth and falsehood
>>
>>7778569
Are grocery stores allowed to sell wine in New York, or just beer?
>>
File: chateau-diana.jpg (27 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
chateau-diana.jpg
27 KB, 375x500
>>7778587
Wine isn't allowed at grocery stores, beer isn't allowed at liquor stores. It sounds awful in theory but actually I kind of see the benefit having seen the big wine stores in other states, the wine stores here are really honed in on their individual niches, the kind of wine shop culture isn't really seen elsewhere and it would certainly evaporate overnight if the archaic laws were overturned

Groceries sell a horrible abomination called "wine product", everyone has bought it once, and nobody buys it twice
>>
>>7778600
You mean "fortified wine," basically pure fruit and raw liquor? Like Boone's Farm and Maddog 20/20? I would imagine groceries sell shit like that.

And I know what you mean by "wine culture;" living in the midwest I see people buying Barefoot and cherry wine by the cartful with absolutely no regard for taste, but of course, here it's readily stocked in grocery stores.
>>
>>7773289
>tfw you live in canada and this is weirdly available at all half-decent rural liquor stores on the cheap
>>
>>7778608
I believe the back of the label says something like "malt beverage with fine french wine added", it's been a while. I've had some seriously bad alcoholic beverages and this one ranks in the top 5 easily. Much worse than Boones Farm. You can look up some of the reviews online. It was only invented to fill a niche at NY grocery stores, I'm confident that 100% of their sales are by accident, from people who weren't paying attention and grabbed a wine-shaped bottle.

Not sure about Boone's Farm or MD 20/20, as I haven't been in the market for either since over a decade ago, but I think they're in liquor store territory.
>>
>>7778625
Well that sounds absolutely disgusting but it's hard to imagine anything cheaper or easier than Boone's Farm for a poor piece of shit to drink, so any sales of what you're describing--as you said--must be accidental/incidental. A bottle of Boone's Farm over here comes to just over five dollars with tax and any idiot can buy a shelf of it at any supermarket that stocks liquor.
>>
File: 1906-red.jpg (96 KB, 646x1291) Image search: [Google]
1906-red.jpg
96 KB, 646x1291
This is my current go to casual beer. Deliciously tasty and actually p cheap.
>>
>>7778540
by me whole foods has underground parking, none of the better liquor stores have parking
Luckily I work in the suburbs so I mostly buy shit out there but if I am pressed for time and at home Whole Foods is a good choice
>>
This is my favorite beer right here.
>>
>>7778844

Eh, part of dealing with city life I guess.

I did it for awhile without a car, always hated bringing a car into cities, and will now settle for living anywhere else and only making vacation trips to places where something as simple as parking can become a headache.
>>
>tfw my parents have a pub right next door where I can get as much Paulaner wheat beer on tap as I want for free
feels good man
>>
File: abt12.jpg (222 KB, 1800x1196) Image search: [Google]
abt12.jpg
222 KB, 1800x1196
One of the finest beers in the world as far as I'm concerned. St Bernardus Abt 12.
>>
File: modelo.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
modelo.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>7772785

South Texas fag here, drinking Modelo Especial for breakfast tomorrow.
>>
>>7772785
What are your favorite hobo beers? The stuff that is high abv, low cost. For me, Colt 45 works every time
>>
>>7778885
Call me a sick fuck but grape Four Loko
>>
>>7778874
Modelo is also my favorite breakfast beer. Central Florida here, good taste Texabro
>>
>>7778887
Oh man, I tried to down a peach 4loko on 420, felt nostalgic so I wanted it even though there's no caffeine now, took 3 sips and couldn't push through the heartburn. Remember Sparrx? Those were great times.
>>
>>7772785
Oregonfag here. I turned 21 about 2 weeks ago and have been chugging these ever since
>>
>>7778885
Carlsberg Elephant Extra Strong
Tastes really sweet, almost like licorice, has remarkable 10,5% and only costs about 3€ per liter here in Germany.
Drinking 2 cans of it makes you as drunk as a whole sixpack of any standard pils
>>
>>7778904
If you get the chance you should try their Dawn Of the Red, its great. Be thankful you're on the west coast, we are spoiled with great beer.
>>
As a drinker of mostly stouts and porters I don't go to the light side very often. Can someone explain the appeal of IPA's and pilsner's to me? All the ones I've tried tasted like carbonated piss water.
>>
File: botella-cerveza-indio.jpg (82 KB, 500x1181) Image search: [Google]
botella-cerveza-indio.jpg
82 KB, 500x1181
not sure if you have this in the US (mexfag here) but this shit is delicious
>>
>>7778907
Germany gets all the fun drinks. Never heard of it before but damn, 10.5? What a bargain!
>>
>>7778913
Try a hefeweizen
>>
File: 1450090674627.png (77 KB, 240x256) Image search: [Google]
1450090674627.png
77 KB, 240x256
>>7778569
>new yorker thinks the whole world is just like his cuck state
Color me surprised
>>
>>7778569
>Your autistically pedantic lecture is so cute I just want to snuggle with it, please teach me more about truth and falsehood
You seem like a real happy and friendly person.
>>
>>7778913
Refreshing in the summer, and I find stouts and porters to be more overwhelming than most ipas.
>>
>>7778885
Steel Reserve for breakfast, Olde English for lunch.
>>
>>7775446
Try a witbier, blue moon is entry level or get hoegaarden or harpoon ufo
>>
>>7778008
>trois musquetaires
If you ever see a bottle of their Baltic porter, it's worth grabbing.
>>
Got a bitter from a local brewery and some breakfast stout from founders
>>
>>7778600
/brooklyn/ here, I honestly like going to the liquor store because I feel like if grocery stores were allowed to carry it a lot of the rarer and more interesting booze would be hard to find. I'm also 19 and made friends with the lady who runs mine so I don't have a problem obtaining it the way I might at a supermarket
>>
>>7775528
Fellow NOVA'r. If you have one near you, ornery has it's own brewery with some real good stouts. There's a micro brewery with a bear on it that makes good stouts and reds.
>>
>>7775548
Eh, go to a party and drink bud to fit in. You'll learn to appreciate it. Or go to a tasting, I went to one and learned to appreciate beer at the sam adams boston brewery. Once you notice the other flavors there, it'll make you appreciate it.
>>
I just bought heineken for the first time. I'm used to drinking Corona since it seems to be the only thing the fucking NEX ever has in stock when I stop by. Tried dos equis yesterday, and it tasted like a less shitty version of Corona. Heineken though just has a strong bitter taste immediately, where Corona has more of a broad after taste of bitterness. Dos equis is lacking in any real shit flavoring.

Should I just deal with it and drink these six bottles of heineken, or should I just stop drinking now while I'm sober enough to drive to get something else?
>>
>>7780253
Just plow through them dude. When people leave shit beer at my house I cook with it and/or pour a couple into a big mug and gulp it down on a day off
>>
can I get some sour recs?

All I've tried so far is Monk's Cafe Flemish sour ale, Weyerbacher Tarte Nouveau and Rodenbach Session
>>
>>7780364
Schell's star of the North series. Any of them
>>
>>7780364
Boon Oude Geuze
Drie Founteinen Oude Geuze.
I haven't had many sours but those two are stellar.
>>
>>7780357
Ah sorry, I'm honestly not used to this yet and I'm trying to gather a taste for these things. I just turned 21 this year.
>>
>>7780364

The best ones (cantillon and drie fonteinen) are ridiculously hard to get in America, but lindemans cuvee renee is a very solid gueuze
>>
>>7780376
>>7780381
>>7780400
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll see what I can about tracking these down. In the NYC area so shouldn't be too difficult I imagine.
>>
>>7780364
Girardin black label is not half bad either.
>>
File: gozer_oak_aged_l.png (179 KB, 735x551) Image search: [Google]
gozer_oak_aged_l.png
179 KB, 735x551
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 174x290) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 174x290
>>7775548
Me again

I tried a pic related and it was okay. A-am I gay
>>
>>7780909

Eh, I'd drink that any day over any of the big macro adjunct lagers, especially lite, which would be pretty gay.

I just tried their grapefruit shandy the other day and it wasn't terrible, though not really my taste.
>>
>>7780748

Where do you live? because I want access to black label girardin
>>
>>7780909
Where do you live?
>>
>>7777384
I bought them from a local store but you can order them online, too. I don't know whether or not they ship outside of Germany, though.
https://insel-brauerei.de/shop/index
>>
>>7780400

>lindemans cuvee renee

Aside from a few bars that stock some really expensive stuff, that's virtually the only gueuze I can ever find at the liquor store.

It's good stuff, but doesn't compare to a couple I had before I even knew what gueuze was and didn't remember the names of.
>>
>>7780364
>Weyerbacher Tarte Nouveau
If you are in Pennsylvania then try some of Free Will's sours. Cuvee Aigre specifically is very good but they have many fruited sours that are good too. I like Tarte Nouveau and it's a good entry level sour beer.

also this one is amazing >>7777955 and Anderson Valley's goses are good too. The AV ones are more acidic and salty than Stillwater's.
>>
>>7778535
>tfw the bar down the street makes small batch sour ales that taste fantastic
Nice. I liked Briney Melon a lot and Anderson Valley's goses actually come in 6 packs of cans which is ideal.
>>
>>7772785
good old fashioned 211
>>
We like Crabbies Ginger Beer?
>>
>>7781056
Figured as much, found em in a beer shop in Berlin, but as I am not a resident I cannot get any. A friend is going to live in Germany, could persuade him to order for the duration of a visit. Cannot ship person to person unless you want to be fiddled in your private parts by the taxes/customs.

On another note, enjoying a polish gose atm, name is "pop up". Drinkable but could be saltier and more sour in my opinion.
>>
>>7780936
I live in Finland. However, it is not available here I pick it up 1-2 bottles on my travels, sorry that I cannot help you further.
>>
>>7772785
pro brewer here. will answer questions for a bit if anyone cares. I operate a 15bbl brewhouse (~300bbl fermentation capacity), and am in charge of special projects (pilot batches, barrels, firkins, etc). have been doing this for about 2 years.
>>
>>7780364
depends on where you live. good sours sell out quickly so you need to know which nearby breweries make them.

tilquin comes to mind as a reasonably priced, somewhat available option
>>
File: 20160512_191249_HDR.jpg (105 KB, 1090x818) Image search: [Google]
20160512_191249_HDR.jpg
105 KB, 1090x818
Enjoying some simple ale I made, first batch of my own beer (from a kit). Seems decent.
>>
>>7778871
honestly this is my favorite beer of all time
>>
>>7783298
Home brewer here, currently doing a diacetyl rest on my lager before bottling in a couple days

How do you go about sourcing rarer hops? Does your brewhouse ever fuck with Berliner Weise? I heard you pretty much need a separate set of equipment to do sour ales. Are you brewing anything interesting/strange?

Also fruit beers, is it worth experimenting with them?
>>
File: IMG_0486.jpg (609 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.jpg
609 KB, 1632x1224
This is a nice beer.

>>7775514
Not that guy but pic related is pretty good. They're also building their East Coast brewery in VA iirc. Their entire core line up is pretty good. Founders Porter is pretty good.

>>7775606
My nigga. Get some Oatis if you're gonna Ninkasi.

>>7775799
Living the dream.

>>7777955
Anderson Valley's Blood Orange and Briney Melon gose are bretty gud.

>>7784843
Not that guy but the brewery I work at has a fruit beer as their flagship so I would say it's worth to fuck around with different fruits in beer. Sourcing rarer hops isn't hard, just hella expensive (at least what the head brewer says). We used to do a cherry berliner weisse for summers and we used the system we have now though we do have separate fermenters/brites for sour beers.
>>
It took me four years to get into drinking beer, and so far the only ones I've really taken to are Shiner and Sierra Nevada. I don't even try microbrews because everything about them pisses me off.
>>
>>7780364
Rodenbach's Vintages are usually great
Bone Dry Mikkeller/Boon collab was one of the best Geuze's I've had.

I'll be drinking pic related tonight.
>>
>>7785448
Then you should probably grow up
>>
I'm drinking a rare beer hand crafted by a secret lost monk sect that originated deep in the Bavarian forest, its served in a flute and you can hear the chants of the trees echoing with each juicy sip.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 450x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 450x586
Who Celebrator here?
>>
>>7786745
Most German doppelbocks are great, even sublime like Asam bock or Maximator.

Got 4 sets of Nittenauer's Hopfenkreuzfahrt. The idea behind is that a beer is brewed, and five different versions created by hopping them each with a hop strain (from different countries/continents, hence the name) and one with melon rind. Really looking forward to tasting them one after another.
>>
I used to drink a few good beers at a time, but now that it's summer I switch to Coors.
>>
>>7787014
I had coors light for the first time ever and it actually wasn't bad. Banquet is my go to macro though
>>
>>7786745
Celebrator a best
>>
How long should one age something like Westy 12? Discovered four bottles for at least 3 years ago in my closet.
>>
>>7787315

*from
>>
>>7772785
I have my last 6 pack leinenkugal vannilla porter

Its the only beer I've found I enjoy
Unfortunately it's only around 3 months of the year
Luckily a local brewery makes a vanilla porter that tastes almost as good

Are there any other beers that have a similar dark rich taste?
>>
>>7786745
That looks fucking delicious
>>
>>7780909
The summer shandy is great

The fucking grapefruit shandy and crannberry ginger shandy is the worst vomit tasting vomit inducing shit to ever reside on my tongue
>>
>>7787509
yes they're called (spoiler alert) porters.
>>
>>7787315
Isn't 3 to 5 about prime? Try one out
>>
delicious 49 yurocents a pop
>>
Drinking meme high alc IPA atm, terrapin hopsexcutioner . Am I a pleb?
>>
>>7787972
Naw, Terrapin is a bretty gud brewery. Their coffee stouts are top tier imo.
>>
File: dragons_milk.jpg (88 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
dragons_milk.jpg
88 KB, 720x960
Taken a liking to this lately. Is it a meme beer, /ck/?
>>
>>7788424
Naa it's pretty good. Their chili reserve was great too.
>>
>>7773289
Yooo I love this shit
>>
File: 10_2138872.jpg (39 KB, 592x754) Image search: [Google]
10_2138872.jpg
39 KB, 592x754
>tfw live in Minnesota
>tfw have a friend from work brings me Spotted Cow from Wisconsin

it's so fucking smooth. tempted to ask her to get me one of those New Glarus sampler packs
>>
>>7788851
Try Enki Victoria Gold. It should be coming in 6 packs soon enough and I like it better than spotted cow. That being said, new glarus makes good shit and you should get that sampler
>>
>>7788424
More like the Fedora'd gentleman's man milk amirite?
>>
reminder that cider is the only top tier drink
>>
>>7780364
Anything from The Bruery's Rueuze series, also Logsdon Ales saisons.
>>
Anyone here had Terrapin? The main brewery is in my college town. Damn good shit, especially hopsecutioner
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x532
>>7789400
>>
>>7775548
beer in my opinion is an acquired taste start with your like buds and coors first they are pretty generic tasting but it will get you into beer

then move on to more premium beers after that you will be branching out to

craft beer and then the sky's the limit

anyways thats how it worked with most people
>>
File: beer_215179.jpg (15 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
beer_215179.jpg
15 KB, 250x348
once I get home from work this evening I'm loading up on this glorious crap
>>
>>7789879
based anon

/druids/ reporting in
>>
I'm looking to get into Belgians. What do you recommend?
>>
File: 0008992488007_A[1].jpg (371 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
0008992488007_A[1].jpg
371 KB, 1500x1500
Just picked one of these up for $19; it's by far my favorite beer to just lie around and have a couple of.
>>
>>7791144

google 'gay clubs brussels'
>>
>>7791144
>Belgium
Every single beer is the same shitty copypasta lager
>>
>>7791162
>every lager tastes the same

just go back to soda pop or whatever it's called in your boondocks kiddo
>>
>>7791172
>I have zero reading comprehension
>>
>>7791144
St. Bernardus beers

Try a few different ones and see what you like or dislike from dubbels, tripels, and quads(also called Belgian dark ales and other names, but Abt 12 is one.)
>>
>>7791144
I would begin with a few trappists to see if you like em. Rochefort, Orval and Chimay could be a decent start.

Try a few sours too, Lindemans or Boon are both solid. If you have never drank a sour, try to forget what you know about beer, since the expectation might ruin it for you. They are quite different from other beers.

Some people don't like hoppier Belgian ales, citing that they are not as good value as their counterparts from other countries. I would give them a try, maybe Straffe Hendrik, De Ranke, Troubadour and Viven could be good here.
Het Anker makes some good stuff. Gouden Carolus or if you can get Cuvee van de Keizer should be pretty good.

Het Anker is one of my favourites. Gouden Carolus or if you can get Cuvee van de Keizer should be pretty good (Blue>Red).

The bottom line is that you want to try them out to decide for yourself, maybe these pointers help.

>>7791206
2nded Abt is where it is at, like their lower price too.
>>
File: Jai-Alai_Final.png (152 KB, 185x362) Image search: [Google]
Jai-Alai_Final.png
152 KB, 185x362
My friend brought me back a 6 pack of this stuff from Florida yesterday. It's great. All fruit, no bitterness, goes down like nothing. Really dangerous at 7.5%.
He bought 2 6 packs when he got there but ended up drinking them both before he left so he had to stop on the way home. Can't say I blame him.
Shouts out to florida
>>
File: bud_light_can.jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bud_light_can.jpg
82 KB, 500x500
>>7772785
>>
>>7778885
definitely cara pils
>>
>>7775758
Seems like a beer best for warmer weather, with how much it tastes like grapefruit.
Last time I had Oberon it was still cold out. I didn't care much for it.
But with summer now here, I could see myself enjoying it much more.
>>
>>7791144
Tripel is a style that is easy to love. Dry fruity high abv and easy to drink.
>>
>>7792935
That's brewed about 20 miles from here, so a lot of bars carry it.
I honestly have no idea how to pronounce it, so I've never ordered it.
>>
File: aviary-image-1465951201636.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
aviary-image-1465951201636.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2000
Stumbled across this guy in a fucking BP station of all places almost a week ago.
>>
>>7778909
It's a good red
>>
>>7791144
If you can get it, get yourself some Pannepot (any year, any edition) and Blue Monk from the Struise Brouwers. Those guys are amazing. Also try some Dulle Teve and Stille Nacht from the Dolle Brouwers. Two of my favorite brewers in Belgium.
And if you're into slightly sour beers and like red wine, try some Rodenbach.
>>
What kind of glassware do you like to use? Do you have a trusty glass or do you like to match glasses to their beers?
>>
>>7794357

>tfw '08, '09, 10 Pannepot

Maybe will get around to them when the weather gets cooler.
>>
>>7793908
If you want to try an inoffensive ipa than order it.
I think it's pronounced hi lie
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I loved this beer. The combination of dry hopping and sour beer is a perfect combo for me. This beer was also really cool because the kiwi flavor is faint and blends well with all the other tart and citrus flavors.
>>7793993
Woah, nice find!
>>
File: 20160618_205302[1].jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160618_205302[1].jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
not beer, but I just picked up a bottle of pic related for my dad
I know jack shit about whiskey, but this came highly recommended by the guy at the store
h-how'd I do?
>>
>>7791153

Yuengling is fine. It's cheap and it's fine.

Godspeed Yuengling.
>>
>>7794980
The problem is so many people talk about Yuengling as though its more than just a decent choice amongst shit tier beer. SO many people like me went into trying it with expectations of it being a legitimately ok beer only to find it is just another macro lager
>>
>>7795004
I actually live in Wisconsin and its all about spotted cow amongst those sort of people here. People really aren't that into Leinies here

Spotted Cow is legitimately an ok beer though, quite unlike Yuengling or Leinies
>>
>>7772785
I don't like drinking food, so usually water
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.