[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extravagant foods.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 211_ortolan tray650.jpg (98 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
211_ortolan tray650.jpg
98 KB, 650x488
So what are some extravagant foods you'd like to try and/or prepare yourself?
Much food nowadays is just slabs of meat from here and there where you don't even recognize it was an animal once so I find stuff interesting where you still see where it comes from.

I'd like to try Ortolans once. It is whole songbirds drowned in Armagnac and then prepared. Eaten whole.
>>
>>7765410

crab + thyme butter
>>
>>7765410
cunt
>>
File: CN_TourdArgent050216_B_1600.jpg (327 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
CN_TourdArgent050216_B_1600.jpg
327 KB, 1600x900
Caneton Tour d'Argent sounds crazy too.
A duck is choked to death and then roasted.
Then the duck is put into a press which squeezes out the blood and fluids to create a wonderful sauce.
>>
>>7765470
>choked to death

I kinda doubt that's actually part of the recipe.
>>
>>7765475
Asphyxiation is actuall part of the recipe because you don't want to lose the blood.
How you do it, is up to you.
>>
>>7765470
This is on my bucket list. Hope I make there before the unthinkable happens and they close for some reason or another. I doubt that will be anytime soon, but you never know.
>>
>>7765553
They've been around for almost 500 years.
>>
File: neil-hands[1].jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
neil-hands[1].jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
>torturing animals because it might make them taste better
inb4 edgy posters start quoting maddox and saying how animals don't matter

I eat meat but I'm still going to switch to cultured meat once it's available, I just limit how much meat I eat for now
>>
>>7765556
I know, but in this day and age, anything can happen.
>>
>>7765570

>asphyxiation is worse than cutting its neck and letting it bleed out

same shit
>>
>>7765410
the testacle blood and sperm spread from a Serbian film
>>
This right here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXK2AkDODBM
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.