[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you're peeling vegetables do you move the peeler towards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: carrots-bunch.jpg (3 MB, 4461x2974) Image search: [Google]
carrots-bunch.jpg
3 MB, 4461x2974
When you're peeling vegetables do you move the peeler towards or against you? Is there a superior way?
>>
>peeling

Cretin
>>
Peel things away from me

get away from me you filthy peels
>>
>>7758600
>peeling towards yourself
Enjoy your trip to the ER
>>
If I peel, I peel neither towards nor away from me. I use a Y-peeler and I just peel downward. I don't quite know how to explain the method better than that. Just downward.
>>
>>7758610
You should never peel towards hell. That's asking for trouble.
>>
I use a steel scrubber
>>
>>7758600
From left to right, so technically neither towards or against.
>>
Away. I feel like I can go faster.
>>
Why would you peel a carrot?
>>
Away. Always away. If you do it any other way it's a clear sign that you're a retarded and/or useless person. And probably a woman.
>>
>>7758906

do you use a new one each time? it must be a bitch to clean the skin out of all those tiny little nooks and crannys
>>
Away, unless I'm in a real hurry and just go back and forth (restaurant-tier).
>>
Against, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>7758600
If it's round like a potato, towards myself.
If it's long like a carrot, away from myself.
>>
>>7758600
>do you move the peeler

And that's where you're going wrong.
>>
File: 1450035230848.jpg (45 KB, 720x587) Image search: [Google]
1450035230848.jpg
45 KB, 720x587
>using unitaskers
>>
>peeling carrots
no
>>
>Cutfags
lol
I eat it all natural
>>
>>7761453
Better not using an oven then, it can only heat up things.
>>
>all these people peeling away from themselves
confirmed for not knowing the proper way to peel vegetables, you place your thumb on the end of the vegetable and use that leverage to pull it along.
>>
>>7758600

that faggot alton brown did a tutorial on how to peal shit and there are two ways: one is you move the peeler into the food, and you always do that away from you, and one is you move the food into a pairing knife as a peeler, but you keep the blade stationary in your hand.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.