[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a nice shiny coating on homemade buns like the ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Probably lacquer.jpg (791 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Probably lacquer.jpg
791 KB, 1440x810
How do I get a nice shiny coating on homemade buns like the ones at McDicks?
It's not egg wash I assume.
>>
It's eggwash. That's how you do it at home, senpai.
>>
Doubling your egg wash with a thicker coat will bring out more browning and sheen off your buns. Give it a first coat then let it sit for a minute or two and go back over it again. It really makes all the difference between a light browning and a golden bun.
>>
>>7758008
What burgers come with this bun?
>>
>>7758031
I'm sure there are a few others that use it, but the only one I know of for sure is that clubhouse burger. Which is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>7758031
I think that one specifically is the Mozzarella burger from Wendy's

It's pretty good. It's kind of in between a good burger shack and fast food burgers in terms of quality.
>>
>>7758067

>spending $10 at mcdonalds for a burger
>>
>>7758067
They don't even offer those here anymore.
Also the best bun is the one they use for the filet o fish and the southern style chicken sandwich.
>>
>>7758187
That's literally the regular hamburger bun, but steamed instead of toasted.
>>
>>7758008
Its eggwash
>>
Egg yolk and butter.

Coat them and throw them in the oven.
>>
>Get McD's special made to order boiga
>Make it a basic chicken with some nice salad
>Sit waiting 15 minutes for it
>Arrives
>Greasiest fucking thing I've ever eaten
>Small serve of fries
>use the 50 napkins they give me
>Feel sick afterwards
Never again
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.