[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you not supposed to add extra ingredients into a rice cooker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1464027918757.jpg (570 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464027918757.jpg
570 KB, 707x1000
Are you not supposed to add extra ingredients into a rice cooker with the rice? For example, carrots and tofu.
>>
People bake cakes and slow-cook ribs and god knows what else in their rice cookers.
If you're comfortable fiddling with the settings so it actually cooks properly then you can pretty much do whatever.
>>
>>7750931
>spacer stack
what the hell is a spacer stack. I always drive mountain bikes because I never drive on the road unless I have to and I tend to have to drive on rough terrain.
>>
>>7751089
>drive
>>
>>7751089
normal road bikes have their bars and seats in a more aggressive position because we're not fat. rather than having the bars up by your chin, so that the walmart shopping bags dangling from your MTB bars don't scrape the ground, road cyclists choose their bar position based on biomechanical and aerodynamic considerations

what the anon was referring to was the apparently excessive use of spacers to raise the stem, this is usually associated with older cyclists who are less physically flexible but who also have more purchasing power. so what happens is they buy a very aggressive crabbon road bike and then add a gazillion spacers to raise the stem. this triggers the impoverished 22 year old yowamushi otaku who rides a used colagno kronos he fished out of a dumpster and put a "slammed stem" onto, so when they pass a 50 year old dentist on a venge vias they post a bunch of shitposts about how nice things are a scam

anyway I do not mean to be dismissive of putting ridiculous bobbing springs and a novelty prank seatpost on your bicycle, I am sure your baggy shorts friends would make fun of you if you did anything less
>>
>>7751158
Not him, but thank you for that enlightening explanation.
>>
>>7751158
lol why are cyclists always such pricks
>>
>>7751158
I'm not fat, but I'm not as in shape as a road biker, I don't really know how a biker who carries the kind of weight I did in food on a mtb today could even stay fat. I think I might have busted a tire. Thats also a thing I've been wondering. do non mtb have more weight capacity for groceries or less? I have no car and there is no bus system to speak of so.

I imagine the mountain bike would hold more weight but I really have no idea how having narrow tires affects the integrity of the wheel when encountering weight or friction. I'm not really concerned about traction as I have to navigate grass, broken road, and stone curbs all the fucking time.

Honestly not sure how to deal with most modern seats, the don't look or feel comfortable at all. There must be some reason people use them though. I usually go for the cushiest thing I can find, and normally it comes with my shitty dirt cheap bike.
>>
>>7751173
>do non mtb have more weight capacity for groceries or less?
I suppose it depends on your definitions, if you're comparing a 90s steel hardtail MTB with a carbon road bike, the MTB is going to do better. If you're comparing a full-sus MTB with a steel touring bike, the touring bike is going to do better.

Most people who carry any amount of groceries are going to suggest racks; the choice of rack is constrained by the kind of frame do you have (does it have eyelets, etc) and the maximum weight is determined roughly by the model of rack (for example I have a tubus vega that is rated for only 44 lb of groceries which is more than enough for me since I never buy that much at a time even when I'm taking the train)

Cushy seats are a recipe for saddle sores, you should first fix your fit/position so that the saddle isn't jackhammering your anus, that is the most important thing. After fixing your fit and position, get a better saddle (I don't have much experience with cheap saddles but I am told the knockoff cambium saddles are surprisingly good). Then finally if that's still not enough, wear chamois shorts/tights.
>>
My grandparents would add lots of shit to the rice. I can't remember what any of it was, but you can. And it was meant to be eaten mixed in with the rice. There are other things, like a chinese style sausage you can cook with the rice, that won't flavor the rice or anything. It'll just cook along side it inside the bucket.
>>
>>7751213
I do this (Chinese sausage) a lot. Throw in a tomato as well. It comes out great.
>>
>>7751213
>>7752647
Chinese sausage in rice was all I ate for 3 months straight when I moved out on my own for the first time and ran into some cash flow problems. The only thing to break the monotony was the occasional toasted bagel with butter that I'd buy as a treat every payday.

I loved it before that, but to this day, just looking at a package of chinese sausage makes me feel ill, and that was nearly 20 years ago
>>
トマトまるごとご飯
>>
>>7750852
saffron
>>
I tried to put a whole dressed sauerkraut into a rice cooker once and it didn't even heat.
>>
>>7751169
It's 4chan. Everyone's a prick, dipshit.
>>
>>7752744
inb4 that guy who says that le classy boards are not /b/ and everyone is a newfag but him
>>
>>7752744
I was referring to a subset of people who, believe it or not, exist outside of this website
>>
>>7752744

I went to /n/ recently and they have shitposting threads about wearing helmets, like it was a parody of a proper board
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.