[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made this with a Boboli crust, and some grocery store branded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: mypizza.jpg (341 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mypizza.jpg
341 KB, 1600x1200
I made this with a Boboli crust, and some grocery store branded sauce, cheese, and precooked sausage.

Suggestions for improvement? Alternative ingredients are not an option, but I'm totally open to different baking methods, additional toppings, etc.
>>
>>7750664
Olives.
>>
>>7750664

Use some different cheeses, try some Romano or Parmesan (not the powder crap). The sausage looks crap, get some real Italian sausage, cook that shit, and cut it up in thin slices, the flavor is much better.

>Boboli crust

Just yuck motherfucker, if you insist on a pre-cooked dough use some garlic naan bread or something.
>>
File: portland.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
portland.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I am lucky to be able to get pic related at the grocery store, some of the best dough you can buy. It cooks perfectly and makes a better pizza than anything you can get from a chain takeout and even some decent Italian restaurants.

Sometimes I just make cheesy breadsticks with this dough, I smother it in Italian cheeses and oregano and buy a high quality sauce to dip them in.

Also comes in beer, garlic, bacon, and basil varieties. The beer and garlic ones are amazing.
>>
vegetables
>>
>>7750664
Broil it until the cheese gets a pleasing color.
>>
>>7750684
>buying sauce

really
>>
>>7750893

Seems silly to cook up a whole pot of sauce when you'll just be spreading a thin layer of it on a pizza. You could freeze the rest, but after that, it's really no better than jarred, is it?
>>
>>7750939
Literally no one does this.
>>
>>7750664
>Suggestions for improvement?
>Alternative ingredients are not an option
Why not? Homemade dough is easy and cheap to make, sauce is easy and cheap to make (though for convenience sake, I understand wanting to use pre-made shit), fresh mozz is infinitely better (and more cost effective) than shredded bagged "pizza cheese", and sausage tastes better when you do it yourself.

Bake at 500 degrees until done.
>>
>>7750943
Not that anon, but I make single or double servings of everything. I hate leftovers with a passion.
>>
Needs anchovies.

The crust and sausage look really bad.
>>
Misses the essence than makes up a delicious and nutricious 'cha topped 'go style pizza
>>
>>7750935
generally speaking the problem with jarred sauce isn't that it's bad, some of it is actually pretty decent, its that its not economical. They also tend to have a lot of lower quality ingredients. You get what you pay for, if you buy a shitty sauce, you're getting a shitty sauce. If you buy a good sauce, you are getting a good sauce that could have been cheaper if you made it in bulk yourself.

The essence of home cooking is realizing which ingredients you use enough to require them for different recipes, and which you basically never use and only get occasionally
>>
Seems to be lacking in anchovies. Also some black olives, I'd throw some sliced tomatoes on there too. Pair it with a nice mug vodka.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.