[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adaptations you've made to your normal diet I've started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: leeks.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
leeks.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1280
Adaptations you've made to your normal diet

I've started non-edible parts of vegetables, like the husks of onion in making stocks

I've completely replaced lettuce with cabbage, which in my opinion tastes better and seems to last longer

I include leeks in most savory dishes because they're cheap and taste great. Leek and potato soup is one of my staples now
>>
File: 1464432728692.png (295 KB, 576x699) Image search: [Google]
1464432728692.png
295 KB, 576x699
>>7747043
Why the fuck were you using lettuce for vegetable stock?
>>
File: eat_the_weeds.jpg (74 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
eat_the_weeds.jpg
74 KB, 384x256
>>7747043

I eat random plants growing in the yard.
>>
>>7747043
Those aren't leeks.
>>
>>7747043
I actually enjoy food so I haven't done any of that shit you said OP.
You weird as fuk m8
>>
File: watermelon-rind.jpg (6 KB, 284x214) Image search: [Google]
watermelon-rind.jpg
6 KB, 284x214
I eat watermelon rinds, with the outermost layer removed. Some cultures pickle them, like the Romanians. I prefer them thinly sliced and stir-fried with tofu, pork or beef, like Goya Champuru with the Goya replaced. by melon-rind.
>>
>>7747043
>I've completely replaced lettuce with cabbage

wut
>>
>>7748613
Watermelon rind I also felt tasted like sweet cucumber. I'd love to just eat a whole melon made of rind. I can't wait for DIY genetic engineering
>>
File: dandelion.jpg (15 KB, 192x247) Image search: [Google]
dandelion.jpg
15 KB, 192x247
I sometimes farm dandelions to marinate with Matcha, salt and Linseed oil. I could get them outside, but dogs lick them and pee on them and I like to eat them raw, so I would get parasites.
>>
>>7748618
Yes, but lighter taste than cucumber. You could use a juicer, maybe use it as a soup base or as a cold noodle juice base. I always end up with much more rind than I can use.
>>
>>7748622
Is cleaning somtehing that you are gonna put in your mouth that difficult?
>>
File: tapeworm_infection-2.scaler.jpg (52 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
tapeworm_infection-2.scaler.jpg
52 KB, 600x365
>>7748645
That flower has a LOT of crevices and nematode eggs are tiny. I would go with freezing, then keeping frozen for a day.
>>
I myself have replaced lettuce with spinach. Anything that normally contains lettuce, I substitute with spinach. My burgers and sandwiches contain spinach. My salads are mostly spinach.

I now eat baking chocolate instead of regular candy/snack type chocolate.

I don't eat any sort of fruit at all. Except for the ones that are only fruit by technicality, but otherwise treated like vegetables (tomatoes, avocados, etc.)
>>
File: soba-sauce.jpg (36 KB, 316x600) Image search: [Google]
soba-sauce.jpg
36 KB, 316x600
I've replaced Soysauce with Soba Tsuyu. It's like ten times better, with fish and algae flavours. I've also replaced Pesto with XO Sauce.
>>
>>7748736
I also do the same with spinach. Also if there's the possibility of spinach being added to something, I add it. Smoothies, eggs, soups, whatever.

I love spinach.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.