[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with the kitchen grease on your furniture/extractor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: touchoforanges_2271_12548965.jpg (165 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
touchoforanges_2271_12548965.jpg
165 KB, 576x576
How do you guys deal with the kitchen grease on your furniture/extractor?
I use Member's Mark degreaser, but the smell is far too strong, after using it I need to leave the room for 40 mins to an hour to avoid feeling dizzy as shit.

Do you have any home alternatives?

Also, hygiene thread.
>>
File: 1463605835642.jpg (49 KB, 509x611) Image search: [Google]
1463605835642.jpg
49 KB, 509x611
Fucking bump
>>
Just how the fuck does kitchen grease end up on your furniture?

Deeply curious about this.
>>
I use an orange glow type cleaner. It works almost as well as harsh degreaser, but it smells nice. I can't stand huffing harsh fumes
>>
File: IMG_6vrj33.png (139 KB, 540x509) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6vrj33.png
139 KB, 540x509
>>7730000
Nice quads
English isn't my first language, sorry. Its a layer of black stuff, looks like a mixture of fat and dirt, gets on the fan and the extractor.
I don't know how to call it.
>>
File: IMG_20160315_095624.jpg (44 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160315_095624.jpg
44 KB, 600x432
>>7730010
You got the brand name?

How fast does it work? Price?
>>
>>7730000

Grease boils and evaporates and spreads all over the fucking house.
>>
>>7730017
"Orange Glo" is the brand name one. It comes in generic versions. It's probably like $5 a bottle or something. It takes a bit longer to dissolve grease than hard core spray degreaser, but it gets the job done without killing you.
>>
>>7729982
I use alcohol in a spray bottle. I have particleboard cabinets that have some sort of plastic so it might mess with your finish if you have wood or certain paints.

Doesn't smell too bad and gets rid of gunk quickly.
>>
>>7730435
Why would alcohol smell bad?
>>
>>7730442
If you spray a bunch the fumes can get a bit much but it's manageable and clears very quickly.
>>
>>7729982

I don't know what country you live in, but in NA you can use Murphey's Oil soap, which will clean off most of the crap...then when you done with that, you can use a product called Cabinet Majic that'll treat the wood doors and drawers...

Just about anything else, like wax, or acetone will kill the finish...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.