[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kind of food should I /ck/ at night to get /fit/? avoid carbs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mykzvegV701rnzhbzo1_500.gif (976 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mykzvegV701rnzhbzo1_500.gif
976 KB, 500x500
what kind of food should I /ck/ at night to get /fit/?
avoid carbs?
>>
>>7723147

You shouldn't eat right before going to bed, actually.
>>
>>7723147
A salad of kale, chicken breast, grape tomatoes, cucumber, vinaigrette, and homoeroticism.
>>
>>7723147
Popsicles are practically all water so they are fine
Although I try to avoid carbokygrates I still eat pizza because I'm not a nazi.

I like to eat my biggest meal of the day just before bed so my body can consentrate on digestion.
>>
>>7723175
Upvoted
>>
>/fit/

Do those faggots eat anything besides boiled chicken and oatmeal pancakes for MUH PROTONS
>>
/fit/izen here. Carbs before bed doesn't make a difference. 100% BS. Just avoid sugar because it will make it hard to fall asleep.
>>
>>7723147

count calories kind
>>
>>7723182
Yes. I eat sweet potatoes, kale, small amount of fruit, olive oil, fish, eggs, sardines, occassional chipotle bowl, steak, coffee, etc. When I'm bulking I eat a lot of pasta, and more white rice. I find my diet very satisfying. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
>>
>>7723187
Brofist, fellow /fit/izen *places outstrected hand against screen*
>>
>>7723147
Depends, are you cutting or bulking?
>>
>>7723147
Paper towels with a side of napkins when I'm bulking
>>
>>7723229
cutting

>>7723189
not really, just curious and willing to switch to a healthier diet
>>
>>7723263

I mean if you want to get /fit/ it's either losing fat or gaining muscle which means you need to count calories. If you want to be healthy then eat a salad or something.
>>
>>7723263
I did a cut on low-carb (not keto) last year and it went very well.
>>
>>7723153
What if you do shift work?
>>
>>7723275
Low carb doesn't really mean anything. At all. What matters is calories. If the amount of carbs relative to calories is low, this will have an effect on the body, but the amount of calories is ultimately what decides how much weight you gain or lose
>>
>>7723380
Memeposter is uninformed. Eating before bed is fine. Just avoid sugar because it will be hard to fall asleep.
>>
>>7723380
You still have control over both when you eat and when you go to bed.

Source: I do shift work.
>>
>>7724211
This so much. Being fit isn't a list of rules, it's a lifestyle. Its about recognizing that just because something is inconvenient doesn't make it impossible. If it matters enough to you, then you will succeed. There's a reason we don't all look like bodybuilders. Shit isn't easy.
>>
>>7723147
Not really related, but you know why I fucking love that dragon? Looks JUST like my cat. (Minus wings, obviously ). Same fucking facial expressions and personality and coloring, though.
>>
File: mealtimes-kitchen-best.jpg (268 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
mealtimes-kitchen-best.jpg
268 KB, 1200x900
>>7723147
>>7724204
>>7723175
Good cause I like to have my biggest meal before bed
BUT??
Our bodies aren't designed to eat a big meal and collapse on the couch or the bed afterwards. Sitting upright helps us digest — it lets gravity do the work of keeping the contents of our stomach down. In people with heartburn, laying down can cause the acid in the stomach to leak out into the esophagus, or "foodpipe," causing reflux.

Since the stomach takes about three hours to empty itself, waiting at least this amount of time before laying down or sleeping is a good idea.
http://www.businessinsider.com/eating-late-causes-indigestion-and-weight-gain-2015-1
>>
>>7723153
kill you are self m8
>>
Just eat whole foods with good macro and micronutrient distribution, Dont fall for the no carb jew but dont go all carb all fat no protein either. Try to end your day with a 50/30/20 carb protein fat ration and some good vitamins and minerals and youre good to go. Lay off the processed bullshit doe.
>>
File: 1417160584322.jpg (35 KB, 492x399) Image search: [Google]
1417160584322.jpg
35 KB, 492x399
>>7727675
>whole foods
>>
>>7727698
Unprocessed foods you fucking burger.
>>
at night I eat lean protein and veggies when cutting.
If I'm still hungry I mix protein powder and cottage cheese then almost freeze it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.