[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gnocchi Stirfry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Public_images_product_Gnocchi.jpg (404 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
Public_images_product_Gnocchi.jpg
404 KB, 900x632
What should I put in there? Zucchini? Cherrytomatoes? Maybe some kind of meat?
>>
this your first attempt at a go za OP
>>
>>7721006
Butter, salt, pepper, sage leaves
>>
spinach or roquette?
>>
>>7721009
fuck off you autistic jack poster
>>
>>7721011
>>7721013
Great ideas. Should I add pork? I guess Veal would be best but too expensive.
>>
>>7721042
Diced ham might work
>>
>>7721059
There actually is a dish of gnocchi which, depending on the region, can include either diced ham or diced pancetta. It's called gnocchi alla boscaiola. It also includes peas, mushrooms and onion. If you add cream, it's boscaiola con panna.
The basic preparation is to cook onions, mushrooms and ham in butter, add peas, salt to taste then add boiled gnocchi. Sauté about until it's all heated through and well mixed, then remove from the pan and top with lots of grated cheese, parmigiano or padano being most common.
It's also commonly made as a casserole, in which case you'd add cream or bechamel sauce and bake. Some people also add egg yolks beaten with lots of shredded cheese for the casserole version.

Other pasta shapes are used, as well, but gnocchi pairs nicely due to its pillow-y texture.
>>
>>7721006
little heavy on the cheese there for a 'go style 'za
>>
>>7721121
simply epic, posted to reddit
>>
>>7721123
You seem the sort.
>>
>>7721118
If done in a casserole, would adding Mozzarella make sense? It's quite a melty cheese and I've made use of it in gratins before with good results.

Also, I totally forgot about pancetta. That would go great because it also means things fry in the pancetta fat.
>>
>>7721123
I believe you.
>>
>>7721131
>>7721118
>>7721059
Ill go for the pancetta I think, not sure about adding mushrooms since Im not a huge fan of them.

Ill probably be too lazy to do it right now anyways, but now Ill at least have something to eat tomorrow.
>>
>>7721131
I add scamorza or provola as mozzarella is too, for lack of a better English-language word, juicy and will water-log the casserole with the amount of bechamel sauce I add. If you intend to use mozzarella, reduce the bechamel sauce. Generally, I add 1L of bechamel to 500g of dry-weight gnocchi. If using fresh gnocchi, perhaps about 750g or so, but I'm not sure as I use dry exclusively. When you bake it, don't tent it or anything, or you'll be met with a rather sad and soggy mess.
>>
every year or so I forget that gnocchi is boring and buy some. it is always boring.
>>
>>7721170
You've never had your nonna make you a proper gnocchi dish then. By the way, they're rather easy to make fresh from scratch.
>>
>>7721006
Bacon, preferably in an amatriciana styled sauce.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.