[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought five pounds of ground beef for five bucks today. 75
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: ground-beef.jpg (121 KB, 647x436) Image search: [Google]
ground-beef.jpg
121 KB, 647x436
Bought five pounds of ground beef for five bucks today.

75 percent lean. What could be in this stuff?
>>
>>7706137
Throw that hormone laden trash into a garbage heap.
>>
>>7706137
Meat, fat, ground up bone and some ammonia reduced scraps from the bits you don't want to think about. Nothing I'd mess with.
>>
its pure dogfood, why would you buy it?
>>
>>7706137
Depends what country you bought it in.
Assume you are in the USA. If so, refer to posts above.
>>
>>7706137
>for five bucks today

Holy shit you are an idiot. The average buck produces almost 60 lbs muscle meat and thats ignoring all the edible organs. You traded more than 300 lbs of prime game meat for shitty scraps of a dying hefer. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7706149
As I recal, ground beef is made from the chuck, round or sometimes sirloin. All perfectly good cuts of meat. The 75% stuff is probably ground chuck.

Personally I'd use it for tacos. The seasoning packet will tell you to drain the fat, but don't. The Cartier ground beef gives more flavor which is lost if drained,
>>
>>7706137

>What could be in this stuff?

cow
>>
>>7706137
probably a ton of salt and water
>>
>>7706149
Its not,pink slime, but besides the bones you probably arent too wrong.

Op, it was probably shitty meat and a lot of fat. Make hamburgers.
>>
worms
>>
File: food-fillers.png (208 KB, 900x4336) Image search: [Google]
food-fillers.png
208 KB, 900x4336
Wood pulp and probably some other non-meat things.
>>
>75%
You know, I once cooked with 75% lean.

Once.
>>
>>7708231

>no calorie, nonfat filler

Sounds great actually
>>
>>7706137
beef?
>>
>>7708237
>being a fatphobe
If you're using a foreman and will lose it anyway I can understand but wew lad
>>
Cow?
>>
>>7708298
I'm not a fan of the taste, the texture, or the mess it causes. The fact that I'm trying to lose weight is just the cherry on top.

Never again.
>>
>>7706137
>75 percent lean. What could be in this stuff?
Promethazine, codeine, and sprite. I don't know about the other 25%
>>
>>7706251
I had to read it a few times but then I got it, well done!
>>
>>7708373
underrated post
>>
This is why I bought a grinder and always grind my own meat. Shit you get at the supermarket is sketchy as fuck.
>>
File: 1460258830805.gif (523 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460258830805.gif
523 KB, 500x281
>>7706137
Egg stuffed meatballs in tomato and chipotle sauce.
>>
>>7706262
Anon, it's the price we're worried about. IIRC those rolls of ground beef walmart and such sell are like $11-12 for five pounds for the cheap shit.
>>
>>7706137
That's a nice looking 'go 'ep 'sh 'za
>>
>>7708373
The remaining 25% accounts for the Jolly Ranchers and sippin' cup.
>>
>>7706262
>As I recal, ground beef is made from the chuck, round or sometimes sirloin. All perfectly good cuts of meat. The 75% stuff is probably ground chuck.

yeah, no it's not. the 75% stuff is just called ground beef. it's ground beef in the sense that the word beef encompasses a lot of animal. hoof is beef. the pre-ground burger chubs that most markets use for their display case burger is fucking disgusting. it smells like shit when you first open them. the only way you're getting ground up chuck, sirloin, etc. is if you have a butcher grind it for you, and you're not paying a buck a pound for it.

even the pre-ground chubs of "ground chuck" and "ground sirloin" have moved away from being called that, and most are now referenced by their fat content, not specific cuts.

those burger was probably close dated to be that cheap. or op was really lucky and they had chucks or rounds on sale and he got actual ground scraps from those.

i was a market manager for a few years.
>>
>>7708321

if you're trying to lose weight, look into a keto diet, in which case you want those fats, and to drop the sugar and carbs

educate yourself, fat is not the enemy, teach your body to burn fat for fuel, and it will
>>
>>7710064
troll
>>
>>7710070

nope, still here, and i've done it, it works
>>
>>7710072
Caloric restriction works, fat fucks up your arteries though
>>
>>7710055
At least someone knows what's going on. Ground beef can be just about anything short of offal. Cheek meat will bring a LOT of color to cheap grind that's had fat added to it but it has to be declared on the label and less than 25% of the content.

45% fat, 50% cheek meat, and 5% ice makes for a really, really good looking product that the mom and pop place sells on the weekends for a quarter the price of a regular store.
>>
>>7708231
>store ground beef is cheaper than "organic" ground beef beef because of a giant conspiracy involving sawdust
>not because "organic" is an incredibly expensive method with lower yields, plus an additional profit markup for hipster douchebags
>must be the sawdust

IT MUST BE DA JOOZ!

Op, make a nice chilli and laugh at these faggots.
>>
File: mercadona congelada.jpg (230 KB, 1417x1063) Image search: [Google]
mercadona congelada.jpg
230 KB, 1417x1063
>>7706137
>71.4% meat
>>
>>7711343
Holy fucking shit, I'm not ever buying meat in mercadona again, I hope the premade burger patties are not so bad... I still have a couple in my freezer.

Where do you buy your meats fellow spainbro?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.