[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried cooking some pork ass in a hole in the ground, as I often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20160518_111204~2.jpg (2 MB, 2340x2866) Image search: [Google]
20160518_111204~2.jpg
2 MB, 2340x2866
I tried cooking some pork ass in a hole in the ground, as I often do, but something went awry. When I uncovered it 6 or so hours later, it was entirely uncooked, as if the perfect coals I had going when I buried it had died as soon as they were covered. Now, I would say they were suffocated, but I've done this so many times, and this has never happened. Is it bad charcoal? Anyway, my main question is: if I try cooking this pork (which sat in a tepid hole in the ground for 6 hours) in my oven and eat it, will I die?
>>
>>7686395
it would be extremely painful
>>
File: 20160518_113240.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160518_113240.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>7686406
It's a big butt.
>>
>>7686412
for you.

but really though im sure youll be fine.
>>
>>7686412

just nuke it to be safe. definitely wouldn't waste it.

>calling pork shoulder "butts"

dumbest name in the food world probably
>>
>>7686395
OP, this is kinda hard to answer without knowing more specifics of how you were cooking this.

I know of two basic ways of "cooking in a hole": one method is to get the coals going and then to cover them loosely, so there is still some air available to keep the coals going. If this was the method you were using then either you suffocated the fire completely, or the coals weren't going well enough before it was covered up.

The other method would be to keep the fire going for a long time and have it heat up the ground/stones/etc so much that the residual heat will cook the food even with the coals extinguished. If that was the method you were going for then you probably didn't have the fire going long enough before the cooking process.
>>
>>7686453
Both, essentially. I built a fire in the hole and burned it for a couple hours then added mesquite charcoal and let that burn until was all white. Three my pork in and covered it with some wood and then some dirt. I've done this many times and this has never happened.
>>
>>7686395

No, if it was in the "Danger Zone" toss it.
>>
>>7686437
In Boston, people have butts where their shoulders should be, and their heads are actually turds protruding from their anus. That's why all Bostonians are shit heads and why they call pork shoulder "Boston butt".
>>
File: wtf did you just said.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
wtf did you just said.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>7686712
top kek
>>
>>7686712
You learn something new every day.
>>
Create an air vent next time to circulate the heat. Or just grab some PVC and run it through the ground diagonally from your pit to the surface.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.