[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this burger, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: wise acre burger.jpg (452 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
wise acre burger.jpg
452 KB, 960x600
What do you think of this burger, /ck/?
>>
>>7683281
>burnt buns
>>
Its fucking retarded
>>
>>7683281
Now eat it without disassembling it or looking like a retard.

PROTIP: You can't.

Therefore it is a terrible burger: it can't even fulfil it's primary purpose of being food.
>>
>>7683281
It looks cumbersome to eat which destroys the point of a burger in the first place
>>
>>7683289
>>the primary purpose of food has to do with whether or not you look like a retard
>>
>>7683304
You knock yourself out trying to eat your retard burger, retard.
>>
>>7683281
Looks like it had potential but whoever prepared it fucked up in a number of ways
>decent looking meat paddy
Appears to be cooked only on one side?
>quality bun
Burnt as fuck
>Nice thick piece of bacon
Poorly cooked, looks chewy as fuck, way too big of a piece
>non-iceberg lettuce
Only a shred of it

And is that a glob of horseradish? Whoever made this burger confirmed has downs syndrome
>>
>>7683281
Whenever some faggot on /ck/ cries, "Local is so much better", this is the kind of shit I think of.
>>
File: meat-paddy.jpg (144 KB, 938x704) Image search: [Google]
meat-paddy.jpg
144 KB, 938x704
>>7683331
>meat paddy
>>
>>7683281

Here's what I would do:

- bite off ends of bacon, leaving a perfectly burger-sized piece
- ask for extra bread
- place bacon between bread
- add ketchup
- eat delicious burger and delicious bacon sandwich
>>
>>7683345
It's a meme you dip
>>
File: meme.png (342 KB, 740x589) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
342 KB, 740x589
>>7683353
>>
File: triggered.gif (225 KB, 299x198) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
225 KB, 299x198
Could be worse. You'll have to take the bacon out, cut the ends off, eat them separately, and then eat the burger with the rest, but it's salvageable.

I fucking hate the modern trend of "durr hurr let's make our burger """""""gourmet""""""" by overfilling it.

A burger needs, at most:

A primary filling - usually a beef patty, but you can go for other stuff, like chicken burgers etc.

A secondary filling - ie, cheese and its variants. Maybe a portobello mushroom.

A tertiary filling - bacon or other charcuterie. No non-sliced meats.

A garnish - pickles, salad, etc.

A sauce or relish - whatever will work with the primary, secondary, and tertiary fillings.

The bread should be resilient enough to withstand picking up, absorbent enough not to go soggy, but at the same time not substantial enough that you have to chew through a yard of bread to get to the filling. The modern brioche bun fad fulfills only the first and third requirements.

Nothing fucking triggers me more than modern """""""""""""""""""""gourmet"""""""""""""""""""" burgers that are just a shit-ton of meats stuck on top of a patty and flung in a brioche bun. I saw a fucking burger on a gastropub menu the other day with haggis, pulled pork, bacon, and the patty.

You would never fucking serve those ingredients together on a plate so why o why o fucking why would you think they are acceptable in a goddam bun. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>7683359
why isn't she crying? it's not the right pronunciation if you don't cry during saying it.
>>
>>7683281

While I do love me some motherfucking Howl's Moving Castle style bacon, the rest of the burger looks burnt as fuck. Your bun is charred, the meat looks like it's somehow both undercooked and burned at the same time, I don't know what that white shit is, and it looks like you topped it with... a single leaf of baby spinach? What is that?

4/10, Would Pick The Bacon Off To Gnaw On.
>>
>>7683281
Bun looks burnt.
Meat looks like it's cooked unevenly.
An insulting amount of lettuce.
Bacon is too big.

But here's what I would do:
Fold the bacon over in half, and then use the top bun to squish and half turn the burger, smooshing the horseradish so it's spread more evenly. Simultaneously squashing the burger down to a reasonable size.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.