[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is the cuisine of the americas (outside of Mexico
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: uTAGDgs.jpg (201 KB, 900x1178) Image search: [Google]
uTAGDgs.jpg
201 KB, 900x1178
Why the fuck is the cuisine of the americas (outside of Mexico and Peru) so bland and uninteresting?
>>
File: gumbo.jpg (52 KB, 645x415) Image search: [Google]
gumbo.jpg
52 KB, 645x415
>>7677440
Yeah, nothing but boring Southern food. What's up with that?
>>
>>7677440
>cajun food
>bland and uninteresting
Yeah whatever nobody really cares.
>>
>>7677440
Latin America is, historically, very primitive in all regards. There isn't a lot going on ingredients-wise. The Spanish and Portuguese (with the help of the French and others) made their cuisine what it is.
>>
>>7677447
>>7677452
an entire cuisine does not revolve one region
>>
>bland and uninteresting

Clearly, you've never met any old southern women.

If you ask me, Germans are about the only Eurocucks that can cook for shit. Maybe swedes.
>>
>>7677447
Brb having a low country boil
>>
Cuisines from Trinidad and Tobago, Haiti, USA, Guatemala, Argentina, Brazil and El Salvador are nice too.
The worst is Greenlandic food.
>>
>>7678072
>argentina
>cuisine
lol
>>
File: 18kwl279d7p5zjpg.jpg (53 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
18kwl279d7p5zjpg.jpg
53 KB, 640x360
>>7678072
Did you just diss kiviak
>>
>>7677536
>No passport: The post.
>>
>>7678080
ew
>>
>>7678084
Prove me wrong, britbong.
>>
>>7677536
Swede reporting.
Can confirm this. Brits are lousy cooks, though don't forget the Italians. They're one-trick ponies, but what they do, they do well.
>>
>>7677455
that's not really true though
>>
Salvadoran food is good, Ecuadorian food is good, and Jamaican food is good

I can't comment on the other cuisines as I haven't tried them
>>
>>7677455
Weak bait.
>>
>>7677440
I grew up with parents from a small town in PA, my mom made a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch food, it's great. I also grew up in North Carolina, so I had a lot of good southern food
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.