[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my presentation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (561 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561 KB, 2048x1536
What do you guys think?
>>
>>7661494
2002/10
>>
Nice, I bet you have best dish in the entire grade 11 home economics class
>>
>>7661505
I appreciate your humor, but I'm at the legacy class of Le cordon Bleu. Thanks for the feedback!
>>
Everything looks good except the color of that smear.
>>
>>7661494
I will never understand the need to make a dish look like that. For me a dish like that is horrible basically because I know that i will want to eat a lot more than that.
When did human beings made about something some simple like eat something so complicated? when and why? wich is the reason about doing this? in the next five seconds after you serve a dish the person that will eat it will disarm it all... it's simply stupid
>>
>>7661539
You sound fat.
>>
>>7661539

It's because ~fancy~ French chef and the people who kiss their ass have decided this is the only proper way to serve food. Everything else is either "rustic" or for plebs.

I hate it too though.
>>
>>7661494
You've forgot the 29th rule of plating.
>If thy sauce looks like poo poo, don't smear it across thy plate

Your smeared shit sauce looks like shit. Be careful with the brown sauces.
>>
>>7661551
I'm not. My weigth is not even 155 lb. I'm just pragmatic about food. it's tasty? great. You can even make food look good without being a tryhard like that and serve a good dish that will satisfide someone. The worst part is that a dish like that is more expensive that a dish full of food

>>7661556
The question is: Why something that could be done in a most easy way should be done in a more difficult way? it don't even have a purpose for itself, and this question apply for almost any other human activity
>>
File: 1404756369173.gif (443 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1404756369173.gif
443 KB, 500x319
push sauce looks muddy gritty

the color palette is very monotone. maybe some edible flowers to garnish?

looks okay..
>>
>>7661494
Looks OK.

I am inclined to agree with >>7661523 that's the only bit that causes me concern.
>>
>>7661494
Looks nice, the middle is very brown though. could use some fresher colours.
>>
>>7661539
>>7661556
>>7661569

I bet I can guess which Continent you guys are from? It's strange, as you seem to rave about Japanese food and that has to be THE most pretentious cuisine ever.
>>
>>7661569
>The question is: Why something that could be done in a most easy way should be done in a more difficult way?

because we have time, resources and money to do it...
>>
If you had a light red sauce it would look much better.
>>
>>7661515
I thought Le Cordon Bleu was closing down, at least in America. I haven't been keeping up with the latest news.
>>
>>7661616
I hope you were going to say Europe because if you were going to say America than you would be implying that anyone in Europe aside from some French faggots gives two shits about food presentation.
>>
>>7661616
If you want to play, let's do it. wich continent am i from?

>>7661634
thats not the reason for something to be, thats just the things that make it posibble to be.
The reason behind my argument is: food is to be eaten and satisfy the energetic needs of human beings and with this being said, there is no reason to make something so simple more complicated, exept the fact of being a tryhard and overcharged food. This smalls things are the proof that we don't know how to make things with efficiency. All this small gestures, like prepare food being a tryhard just for the sake of being a tryhard are in every aspect of our obsolote and stupid system. Wich is your argument? food is because we have time, resources and money? do you also think that war is because we have time, money an resources?
We could save so much time, time of our own lives if we made things in a simple way.
Why something that its a lot harder to do better than something simple?
>>
>>7661494
It looks pretty good.

The major thing is the smear, if you want to smear that kind of stuff it should be smooth so that it doesn't turn out jagged and uneven.

If you want to plate chunky sauces up then you need to spoon into piles, or spoon onto certain places ontop of the food.

Also for some reason the aubergine doesn't sit right with me, the rawness of it makes it look odd.

Perhaps steam/boil it for a minute until slightly soft and char on a grill pan for the colours to match the pallette of the dish.

Keep going OP, practice makes perfect.
>>
>>7661662
>if you were going to say America than you would be implying that
False argument.

Americans find it harder to grasp the qualities of fine dining. This guy here >>7661665 says
>" food is to be eaten and satisfy the energetic needs of human beings"

Whether that anon is American or not, it does typify American dining habits as a refuelling exercise, just ask anybody who has served with American Forces. Even Multinational Astronauts have commented on this.
>>
POO POO PLATTA
>>
File: Worst_pudding_ever.jpg (49 KB, 501x379) Image search: [Google]
Worst_pudding_ever.jpg
49 KB, 501x379
This thread is pasta. This pasta is also stale as fuck. You all fall for it. God damn this board sucks. Go eat pick related, you useless people.
>>
>>7661729
I'm not american, sorry. or at least not in the way you are talking about america. Im from south america, because USA is just a small portion of america.
>Americans find it harder to grasp the qualities of fine dining
Still not giving arguments about why food serve like that is better. You are just impliying that because you make it look expensive is better. In fact you are not giving any arguments about why food should be serve like that. You are pretending to be a professional about something and you cant even think about what you are doing or why you are doing it like that. You are just a tryhard.
I prepare my own food and i use a lot of things to make it taste good. i also try to make it look nice trying to use things with different colours and I try to make it smell good. But everything have a reason to be.. that way to serve food is just trying to hard. You even call it "fine dinning" and said that "americans" find it hard to understand it, but your lack of arguments shows that you dont understand it at all... and if its something that is ment to be understood you must have arguments, because understand something means that you know the reasons for that to be
>>
>>7661760
Your post is pasta. Your pasta is also stale as fuck. You definitely fell for it. God damn your posts suck. Go eat dick related, you useless faggot.

>8===D
>>
>>7661729
The biggest indicator of people liking fine dining is the wealth they were born into. And besides that, Europeans are far less acceptive of fine dining than Americans.
>>
File: 1366694231993.jpg (20 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
1366694231993.jpg
20 KB, 400x322
>>7661665
This is the most poorly written, underage autist blog entry I've ever read.
>>
>>7661761
>Im from south america
Why bother replying, you'll probably have been murdered by the time your shitty connection managed to refresh the page.
>>
>>7661761
I am not OP btw.

You complain about food being presented this way is 'trying too hard' and 'necessary' but so is music and art! It's not everyday fare but sometimes you can turn fine dining into an eating experience, this is the reason we choose to eat at the places that serve this.

>>7661774
No and No.
>>
File: spics.jpg (195 KB, 888x497) Image search: [Google]
spics.jpg
195 KB, 888x497
>>7661761
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (155 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
155 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>7661780
You are wrong, some art and some music have a total lack of form and its considered ugly or primitive or any other adjective that you want to use that are similar to the ones that you are using for "not fine dinning". Examples in music: luigi rusolo, merzbow, prurient, free jazz, IML, reverse simulation music, john cage, hauschka,
But it's ok, the last thing that you've said have sense. It's an eating experience. Finally somebody said something without just denigrating the argument giving by other and actually answering a question, thats cool.

>>7661799
I'm white so i could walk the streets of your horrible county and not being stop by the police.
Now i understand why trump is going to win and everything will be horrible for everybody.
You are white and american, but if your county thinks that you are a terrorist they can take you from your home without saying why and keep you isolated under that suspicion. congratulations for being white in an awesome county as usa
>>
>>7661494
brown/10
>>
>>7661501
>square plate

checks out
>>
>>7661805

you would have to try extremely hard to create music with an actual lack of 'form' unless you're using one of those definitions of 'form' that is arbitrarily defined. same with atonal or arrhythmic music
>>
>>7661821
In fact you dont have to try hard at all. I just take a microphone, record something and then manipulate that sound with some software or an analog hardware. You could said that thats its tryhard for not aplying to the traditional forms of music and that i'm trying to look like weird but thats not true at all, its just a prejudice. Or i can simply take a piece of wood and hit everything arround me and dance with it. Thats not tryhard at all, its very simple.
With these food that is presented here it's the opposite, this is actualy trying to aply to a traditional form that is a standard. It's really trying to look like something, an ideal, the one, the absolute, the undifferentiated
>>
>>7661834

>In fact you dont have to try hard at all. I just take a microphone, record something and then manipulate that sound with some software or an analog hardware

that is not a guaranteed way of creating formless music. you may not have created it with a specific form in mind, but it can still organised, and so still has form.
>>
>>7661839
Please follow all the arguments given even by you. You said first that I would have to try very hard to create formless music and of course that it have a form and that its organize in some way as everything in the universe, but, as i said next, it does not follow a traditional way to organize it. Those traditions often follows an ideal of perfection making a division between good and bad. That's what i'm talking about. In noise music there is no such a thing as a "good" form, for example.
But, as I've already said, this food presented here follow that traditional standard and then create that division: this is fine, this is not; this is beutiful, this is ugly, etc.
Can you tell me wich is the form of this song? I'm sure that it can be divided in the traditional way of music like a b a b c d or any other way that you can imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKZVAodrXM

you might like it or not, but its music
>>
>>7661869

please stop making long form posts that show you have no idea what you're talking about. it is hard to create truly disorganised music. the examples you posted are generally organisable. 'formlessness' is mathematically improbable and becomes a lot less probable when people are involved. i am a career musician who does a lot of work with free improvisation and i don't ever claim that these improvisations lack form.
>>
>>7661770
>does not only not know the pasta, but doesn't even know what pasta is
>staying useless
>pic related
>>7661839
>>7661834
Lou Reed once recorded a double LP of (electric) guitar amplifier feedback. It has form, but is not very enjoyable. Putting actual effort into music production can sometimes make it more enjoyable. Neing enjoyable in itself and not only fill a practical role is sometimes the goal with music. The same applies to food. QED.
>>
take this tedious shite to >>>/mu/
>>
>>7661878
Again, please give arguments, because i cant read any in your answer or just stop posting, you just use an ad hominen argument.
Of course that its hard to create an atonal piece following schoenberg standards. But, as i said, its not hard to take a piece of wood, hit everything arround me and dance with it without following a tempo, an structure, a relation between timbre, or between the armonization of notes, or what ever the fuck you want to call it. How hard is to that? for fucks sake, just take something and throw it to the wall and jump while you do it, you are a musician and a dancer.. its not that hard.
You dont seem to understand that im talking about a TRADITIONAL FORM. How many times should i explain it to you? Of course that you can count how many times i hit the wall with the stick and try to said that it have a form, but YOU are being the tryhard that looks for a form in that instead of just dance while hitting the wall or whatever you can imagine that you can hit. Almost everything that we know is mesurable.

>>7661912
yes, and i agree with that. Anyhow, it does not have to look like that specifically and be considered as "fine dinning" to be a good experience...
>>
>>7661494
looks like diarrhea
>>
>>7661494
>full sprig garnish

also keep both cucumber bowls on the same side
>>
>>7661494

>that's a penis
>>
>>7661494
Was probably looking okay until you smeared dog shit onto the plate
>>
>>7661665
Jesus, i can tell from your posts that you're trying reeeaaally hard to sound smart, but you're just fumbling through the goalposts. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just drunk.

The human race has fucking nailed it. We've done it all and seen it all, and we havent even gone into our final form yet. Eating isnt just about surving or replenishing energy, we've fucking maxed out all our stats and are just showing off now. We've turned eating into a game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.