[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>craving a Philly cheese steak >All the good Italian restaurants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: dominos-philly-cheesesteak-02.jpg (82 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dominos-philly-cheesesteak-02.jpg
82 KB, 800x600
>craving a Philly cheese steak
>All the good Italian restaurants and pizza shops closed on Monday

How is dominos Philly? Subway is out of the question so don't suggest that.
>>
Don't even consider purchasing anything from Domino's, have some goddamned self-respect for fuck sakes.
>>
>>7655210
The pizza isn't great but at least it's better than the other chains. Normally I'd go to the pizzarias but they aren't open Monday.
>>
File: mudvayne-2000.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mudvayne-2000.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
I had one yesterday. It was good.
>>
>>7655220
I don't believe you are being sincere, I sense a ruse.
>>
>>7655219
Aight well if you have no other choice then I guess it's acceptable.
>>
>>7655227
Have you had it?
>>
>>7655227
I've had their parm sandwich but not the philly. It wasn't bad; good bread.
>>
>>7655203
wait one fucking day you fatty
>>
Op here, I gave in. I don't regret my decision but I'd never buy this if the good places were open. But it's much better than Subway in a pinch. It's way too salty. The bread is nice and tastes like they bake it there but it isn't normal cheesesteak roll. It's like ciabatta and the outside is oily. The meat is flavourful but its obvious it's basically precooked over processed deli meat. Cheese and veg are OK. Overall a 4/10. For comparison subway is 2/10 and the closest local steak is 7/10.
>>
>>7655203
That's clearly not a Philly cheesesteak, so don't order it.
>>
File: big-john-steak-onion.jpg (22 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
big-john-steak-onion.jpg
22 KB, 550x365
>>7655450
should have gone to pic related
>>
>>7655451
Technically it is, same way a quarter pounder is technically a burger. Both are fast food trash that pale in comparison to something made with care but if you just want a burger or cheesesteak, there ya have it.
>>
As I got to the last bites I truly realised how awful their cheesesteak is, I only ate it because I wanted one. I won't get another and would not recommend it to anybody. Next time I'll wait a day. At least now know.
>>
>>7655203
keep a few boxes of steak ums in the freezer.
cheese onions bread peppers is all you need.
We buy them a costco by the dozen and they have the bread there too. Home made cheese steaks all the time
>>
File: 0007220500100_500X500.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0007220500100_500X500.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>7655598
>not using superior pic related
>>
>not having a dangelos nearby

Poor OP, not in the Northeast I take it? Dangelos makes one.of the best steak and cheese outside of philly
>>
>>7655598
Those are pretty shit but desu it's probably better than Dominos since I can use actual cheesesteak bread instead of a greasy ciabatta. Are steakums pre seasoned? The meat from Dominos was so salty it was like eating a beef stock cube.
>>
they sell fresh shaved ribeye in one pound plus or minus some at my grocery store. Just the store name and shaved fresh by the butcher. It's great compared to steakumms and I don't end up with a pan full of oil and all the meat missing at the end
>>
>>7655661

Not who you're asking but steakums are shit, ultra cheap for a reason. Might as well buy a cheese steak hot pocket honestly.
>>
>>7655227
Why can't you just go to the store and get the ingredients and make you own? It's not fucking hard.
>>
>>7655622
Texas. Great cheesesteak can be found here but its rare, it isn't such a popular food here. There aren't any chains I know of that can pass one off, the little pizzarias and Italian joints are hit and miss. The best I've had were in Houston and it was made by a displaced phillyfag
>>
>>7655705
This guy gets it.

I wish my store has shaved ribeye, but if they do I have never seen it.

I have however had pretty decent results having them shave a pound or two of their in-store roast beef from the deli and making that into cheeseteaks.
>>
File: 1461207815867.jpg (139 KB, 412x439) Image search: [Google]
1461207815867.jpg
139 KB, 412x439
>>7655737
Because I'd rather eat shit and watch hockey than deal with shopping and cooking.
>>
File: 1294432472252.jpg (8 KB, 252x205) Image search: [Google]
1294432472252.jpg
8 KB, 252x205
>>7655661
compared to dominos? steak ums are way better.

Protip: If you have a korean market near you they usually sell thin sliced beef cuts which works perfect for cheese steak sandwiches.
>>
>people who add "philly" in front of cheesesteak
>>
File: o.jpg (157 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
157 KB, 1000x750
>>7655818
>Implying cheese steak has the same meaning everywhere

Wew
>>
>>7655203

I have never had a good cheesesteak from a chain restaurant
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.